Formula R10 Championship
|Date||7th October - 9th December 2018|
|Races||16 (across eight rounds)|
|<< Stock X Reloaded ----- Season 27 >>|
The Formula R10 Championship is the twenty-sixth season of official Realish Racing competition. The season will run from October to December 2018.
The series will be run using Reiza Studios' Automobilista and will feature early-2000s Formula 1 machinery. The season serves as a spiritual sequel to the Formula R2000 Festival, except for the longer season length and faster machinery.
Stock X Reloaded Drivers' Champion Mark Singleton is set to return to defend his current title. As there was no teams' championship contested in the previous season, Unified Petroleum Autosports are the reigning Teams' Champions from the Realish Prototype International Challenge.
The eight rounds will each feature five sessions:
- Practice 1 - running throughout the week of the race beginning on the Monday evening.
- Practice 2 - 30 minutes, beginning at 19:00 GMT.
- Qualifying - 10 minutes, with the fastest flying laps determing the grid for Race 1, and the second-fastest flying laps determing the grid for Race 2.
- Race 1 - About 30 minutes in length with lapped distance and a standing start, beginning at approximately 20:00 GMT.
- Race 2 - About 30 minutes in length with lapped distance and a standing start, beginning at approximately 20:40 GMT.
All drivers will compete in the Formula V10 car. These high-powered brutes require a very specific driving style to get used to, with plenty of torque and aerodynamic grip.
Teams can choose from the following engine brands (though this will not affect car performance):
- Ferrari / Acer / Petronas
- Ford / Cosworth / European
The Formula V10 comes with traction control, as well as on-board adjustable brake bias and anti-roll bars.
Drivers competing in their first season of Realish Racing competition will additionally compete for the Newcomers' Trophy, and can choose to drive for the Realish Racing New Driver Programme team for their first full season (if they wish to do so, instead of creating their own team or joining an existing one).
Blue - Newcomer driver
Calendar & Results
The top twelve finishers in each race will score points.
All drivers are eligible to score points in the Drivers' Championship. The Drivers' Champion will be the driver with the most points at the end of the season. If points totals are tied between two or more drivers, race result countback will determine the champion, followed by fastest total combined race time. Drivers must complete more than 70% of the race distance to classify for points. The season will not incorporate dropped scores. The Newcomer driver finishing highest in the Drivers Championship will win the Newcomers Trophy.
The team with the highest combined points total from all of their drivers will win the Constructors Championship.