• 26/01/2020 FRee II: Lester | 02/02/2020 FRee III: Mexico | 16/02/2020 FRee IV: Monaco

Final Results.

All discussion regarding the third season of Really Rubbish Racing - which will use the newly-released Forza Motorsport 4
ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Final Results.

Postby ajokay » 24 Nov 2011, 23:55

Right, final Drivers' Championship table has been updated and can be seen here

The final Rookie Cup table is here

Master of Marques final points tallies are here.

Congratulations to our new champion and number 1 RumblyLizard, who takes his second title. Congrats to Tomcheesey for coming runner up again! Well done Shouty for finishing 3rd, and a special mention to Dan 7horn who managed 4th overall after his Independent Championship in the RRRTCC.

Congrats to Bazskating, who wins the Rookie Cup, and Butler for coming a very close second.

Commiserations to FlavouryRug, our reigning champion could only manage 8th overall. And to Bookoi for not quite beating me ;) only 2 points in it though, and it would have been even closer had his engine not have been damaged in the final race.
0x
Have fun.

TommyWTF1
Original 8
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1

Re: Final Results.

Postby TommyWTF1 » 25 Nov 2011, 00:04

LOL so other than my two wins I got 2 points. If we'd had a medals system I'd have made it to the Gala :P

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone it was a really fun championship, you did a great job getting the cars so close which made the racing a lot more fun.

Bring on the DTM's
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 25 Nov 2011, 00:08

STR TommyB wrote:LOL so other than my two wins I got 2 points. If we'd had a medals system I'd have made it to the Gala :P

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone it was a really fun championship, you did a great job getting the cars so close which made the racing a lot more fun.

Bring on the DTM's

12 points... it's 20 for a win in this championship!
0x
Have fun.

RumblyLizard
Original 8
Team: Black Raptors
Twitter: sglwhite

Postby RumblyLizard » 25 Nov 2011, 07:26

Tom...if you'd not disconnected that would have been mega close at the top...!
0x

SHOUTY
Original 8
Name: Jamie Hunt
Car No: 16
Team: Concordskii Motorфлот
Steam ID: Shoutyskii
Twitter: @Shoutyskii #BeatPJ

Postby SHOUTY » 25 Nov 2011, 09:07

How did the master of marques finish? It was close at the top before the races.
0x
Copying other people since 1995

tomcheesey
Original 8
Team: CheeseyRug Racing

Postby tomcheesey » 25 Nov 2011, 09:39

RumblyLizard wrote:Tom...if you'd not disconnected that would have been mega close at the top...!

Tell me about it! Excuse me while I just go kill my house mate who reset the router at the time.. :lol:

Congrats on the championship though, thoroughly deserved it. I'm more than looking forward to taking the fight to you in season four with CheeseyRug Racing again 8-)
0x

RareDevil666
Team: Swedish Racing Motors GP Team

Postby RareDevil666 » 25 Nov 2011, 17:17

One point in my rookie season. That's... okay I guess. My main objective for the season was to avoid last place, so a points finish was a great result for me.
0x
RareDevil666 - A Truly Rubbish Racer

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12

Postby Icthyes » 25 Nov 2011, 18:29

If I had been able to do 3 events instead of 1, hypothetically I would have run a very close 3rd so all in all, I'm quite pleased.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 25 Nov 2011, 19:10

Sodamn Insane 6 wrote:How did the master of marques finish? It was close at the top before the races.

We'll find that out later, it take a while to calculate.
0x
Have fun.

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 26 Nov 2011, 22:41

I am going to beat Alex if it takes me the rest of my life.

Very well done to Sam, TC and Shouty - on the rare occasions you guys weren't up front, you were rapidly working your way there. I take my hat off to you. 8-)

Sam - a worthy second title! You seem to be the best all-round package, almost Alonso-esque, only not a cock. Congratulations.

Dan, we seem to have seen a lot of each other on track this season. Cheers for some great battles, you're great to race with, always fair and always faster!

Tommy, Butler and Flobadobadobadobadobadobadobadobadob - raised games all round, definitely ones to watch out for in season four.
0x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 27 Nov 2011, 02:34

I'm not gonna lie, I'm gutted to have lost 3rd. Still, I led the championship at one point, had a pole position and three fastest laps so I can't complain too much. That said, I'd trade it all for a win. This wooden spoon isn't at all flattering.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8

Postby Boovolari » 28 Nov 2011, 13:27

Do those points tallies line up with the marques? Have Ford won? :)

If so:
a) BOO YEAH, GO TEAM FORD 8-)
b) You've missed Icthyes' scores off our tally

Will there be a badge?

EDIT: Just totted up the numbers and Nick's points are included. Cheers Icthyes, Baz and Shouty! :D
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 28 Nov 2011, 13:31

Hadn't thought about a badge. I guess there should be.
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 28 Nov 2011, 13:58

Wowzers, that is close! I take pride in the fact that Citroen were the only manufacturer to take a 1-2 though! :D

Great job by the Phat Phox's to take second with only two drivers!
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 28 Nov 2011, 16:32

A few little things to note:

- 23 drivers took part in a race of the original 27 that signed up. The 4 that failed to make an event have officially been removed from the entry lists and final results tables, as per the real world.

- 6 drivers took part in every race - RumblyLizard, Tomcheesey, Shouty, Dan Thorn, Ajokay and Bookoi - coincidentally, they were the top 6 drivers in the final standings. 7th place Mr Flobadob would have done were it not for his one DNS.

- Only 2 drivers finished every race in the points - Rumbly and Shouty. Everyone else either finished out of the points, had a DNF, a DNS, or missed rounds.

- 5 drivers won races. Rumbly, Cheesey, Bookoi, Shouty, TommyB - all Original 8 members... c'mon newbies, we can't have this!

- In addition to the 5 drivers above, a further 3 finished on the podium - Dan Thorn, Ajokay, and Mr Flobadob

- 4 of the 8 Marques won races - Nissan, VW, Ford, and Citroen. Chevrolet managed a best of 2nd. Peugeot and Toyota failed to make the podium, with a best of 5th and 6th respectively. Vauxhall failed to turn up to a single race.

- The top 3 in the Master of Marques championship were seperated by just 8 points, from Ford's 230, through VW's 226, to Citroen's 222.

- The final points tallies of both Nissan and Chevrolet came from a single driver's results.

- 3 drivers scored Pole Position. Dan Thorn, Shouty, and Rumbly.

- 5 drivers scored a fastest lap - Rumbly, Dan Thorn, Flavoury, Tomcheesey and Mr Flobadob

- The highest placed driver not to finish on the podium was defending champion FlavouryRug, who managed a best of finishing 4th 3 times.

- Of the 11 races that he finished, Tomcheesey either finished on the podium... or in 9th.

- Rookie Cup winner Bazskating finished a race in the highest finishing position for a rookie, with a 5th place at Hockenheim.

- TommyB's second win was sandwiched between two 13th place finishes (2nd-from-last in this case). A real rollercoaster of emotions was that event!

- 17 of the 23 drivers scored points.

- Mr E 004 and Tommo N7 had a real fondness for ending a race in 11th, with 4 and 6 finishes in that position respectively. I'm just glad both of them managed to finish 10th or higher at least once!

- Round 11's finish may have been the closest in the club's history. Only 0.172 seconds seperated TommyB and Dan Thorn as they crossed the finish line at Tsukuba.
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 28 Nov 2011, 16:46

I take Bookoi's record of most podiums in a season without a win with 6, which is 50% of the races.

ajokay wrote:- 5 drivers won races. Rumbly, Cheesey, Bookoi, Shouty, TommyB - all Original 8 members... c'mon newbies, we can't have this!
I tried my best! I also now hold the unenviable record of the most races without a win and the most podiums without a win. I'm Nick Heidfeld and Andrea de Cesaris all rolled into one. Great.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8

Postby Boovolari » 28 Nov 2011, 17:12

Ajokay wrote:- Round 11's finish may have been the closest in the club's history. Only 0.172 seconds seperated TommyB and Dan Thorn as they crossed the finish line at Tsukuba.

It was. The previous record was the first ever race where Shouty crossed the line 0.236s ahead of Me after that incident ;)

Another fun little fact: Due to work commitments Icthyes could only compete in three rounds, but the 7 points he scored that night won the Marques title for Ford!
0x

Butler_F1
Team: The INDYPENDABLES

Postby Butler_F1 » 28 Nov 2011, 18:20

Oh dear, the aygos near the bottom :( I did get 23 out of our 28 points though so thats something i guess.

Roll on the DTMs
0x

Tommo N7
Car No: 39
Team: Virtue Racing
Twitter: @Tommo_N7

Postby Tommo N7 » 28 Nov 2011, 18:24

Butler_F1 wrote:Oh dear, the aygos near the bottom :( I did get 23 out of our 28 points though so thats something i guess.

Roll on the DTMs

I contributed too. With 1 point :roll:
I concur, bring on DTM! :D
0x

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12

Postby Icthyes » 28 Nov 2011, 20:11

Awww I managed to win something (sort of!).

Fun fact for me, it was my first RRR victory of any kind, only a rookie one but a class (not really) win all the same ;-)
0x