• 26/01/2020 FRee II: Lester | 02/02/2020 FRee III: Mexico | 16/02/2020 FRee IV: Monaco

Event 4 - Post Race Discussion

All discussion regarding the third season of Really Rubbish Racing - which will use the newly-released Forza Motorsport 4
RumblyLizard
Original 8
Team: Black Raptors
Twitter: sglwhite

Event 4 - Post Race Discussion

Postby RumblyLizard » 24 Nov 2011, 22:05

You all know the deal.
0x

Butler_F1
Team: The INDYPENDABLES

Re: Event 4 - Post Race Discussion

Postby Butler_F1 » 24 Nov 2011, 22:30

Okay Dokay.

First race was epic, 5 of us fighting for like 7 laps or whatever it was, was great fun. Final few laps batteling with alex where fun too ones Rumbly had shot off up the road and Pete and Dan where fighting behind us. Probably my favourite race this season, importantly got some points over Baz!

Second race was a disaster, im not a fan of the reverse grid thing, basically meant i was near the backend after doing alright in the first one, had no where to go on lap1 so it felt like i did half of the the first lap on the grass! Ended up right near the back, started making my way up through the feild, but then on lap 4 i got hit at turn one and ended up last, not sure what happened, i forgot to save the replay. Mr E then was off having his incident, which meant i wasn't last. After the race ended i kinda wish i slowed down and let MrE past and took last place hoping to get myself further up the grid for Race3 but didnt in the end. Scored no points, Baz did, so that made things interesting!

3rd race, i got a good start, was running second behind Mr E with a very quick Cheesy behind! Flavory hit me, i lost a few a places, i think by the end of lap 3 or 4 i was running 9th, though no hard feelings to Flavory as i did the exact same thing he did to me to Tommo later on which i apologise for. In the end was trying to chase down Baz in 8th but it wasn't to be, so finished 9th.

I have no idea who won the Rookie Cup, but my gut says Baz, so congrats to him. I am a bit gutted as really its was probably the only thing i would ever have a chance of winning on here!
0x

FlavouryRug
Original 8
Team: 1FR / Jayvoury
Twitter: BarnabyDove

Postby FlavouryRug » 24 Nov 2011, 22:47

Not too sure on the incident mentioned but sorry for it anyway.

Quali was ok but didn't go as fast as I could have. I played it a bit safe to make sure I didn't dirty my lap.

Lost a few places at the start as others had better get aways etc but managed to pull back through a few people to end up 4th, one place higher than on the grid. Fastest lap too was welcome.

Second race was all over the place. I think my collisions were as results of others hitting me. The worst one going to the final corner I think I took maybe Mr E with me. This was just down to 3 abreast on a narrow track and being sandwiched between two others - I got tapped and then went into whoever it was. Dropped a lot of places at this point but battled my way back through to 5th.

Third race was going so well but the C1 just had a lack of grunt to it. I managed to avoid the big incidents infront and found myself in behind Mr E. Had a few really good laps as Mr E did an awesome job at defending but eventually ran wide and I got through. 2nd. Rumbly eventually caught me and we had a good old battle but he was much quicker and so eventually got past. I then had a shite few laps and got passed again by Shouty.

At least my connection was ok (mostly)!

Overall a pretty pathetic season due to lack of time/practice, bad connection and average racing on my part. Shame to say goodbye to number 1. Bring on DTM.
0x

Butler_F1
Team: The INDYPENDABLES

Postby Butler_F1 » 24 Nov 2011, 23:19

Not to sure? You appologised in the race :P 2nd lap

Just watched the replays, i missed a gear on the start finish straght so you caught up Mr E went wide at turn one and i got by, i think it may have caught you out because you hit me into 2, and then i had a poor exit through the wiggely bit and i got passed by 5 cars on that straight, sounds like i screwed my gears up then too! I think thats just the nature of everyone running so close. I did the same thing to Tommo though :(
0x

TommyWTF1
Original 8
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1

Postby TommyWTF1 » 24 Nov 2011, 23:41

Firstly I did a Zelda design for the Japanese races :) - http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/images/1/14/Zeldacar.png

First Race: Absolute fail. 13th

Second Race: Got lucky with the reverse grid rule, basically pulled a gap while everyone else was battling. Still Dan nearly got me. Very very close.

Third Race: Absolute fail. 13th

Twingo Race: I did a break dance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusRP6PE5tY
0x

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 25 Nov 2011, 14:50

Qualifying - Not great, too cautious trying to keep the lap clean.

First race - Made a good start and was pulling nearly alongside Shouty going up the hill but had to pull out of it as the gap was diminishing. I ended up making a mistake coming out of the right hand kink going towards the hairpin, letting TomCheesey through. After that I was able to stay close but could never get close enough to try a move. Had a bit of a last gasp effort on the last lap at the hairpin but still wasn't close enough and just managed to get the car stopped in time otherwise I'd have completely taken TC out lol.

Second race - Hate this track, but the race was probably the most fun I've had all season. Had a few bumps with people but nothing serious.

Third race - Bit frustrating, was doing low 51's when practicing but I got a few big hits which damaged my car a lot. After all that I was quite pleased to nick fourth on the last lap.
0x

Tommo N7
Car No: 39
Team: Virtue Racing
Twitter: @Tommo_N7

Postby Tommo N7 » 25 Nov 2011, 17:15

Ended my season just as I finished it, finish all 3 races in 11th.

Race 1 was relatively quiet, was in 12th for a while, but a mistake from TommyB got me into 11th, and I then held of TommyB & Mr E for the remainder.

Race 2 I did alright in. Was fighting in the points for most of the race, and made a rather nice move on Shouty into turn 1 at some point. But as normal, by the end I found myself in 11th.

Race 3 was dull, can't remember most of it, but was alone I think and came 11th.

The Twingo & DTM races were brilliant. I pretty much screwed Alex over 2 times in the DTM's, so sorry again :( Bring on HGTM :)
0x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 25 Nov 2011, 17:47

Great racing lastnight!

Race 1 was tough, qualified poorly and got tangled up on the first lap and dropped to the lower points. Had a great battle with Pete, Alex and Butler but I didn't have the speed on the straights to capitalise on my speed on the corners, finished a lowly ninth.

Race 2 was just so full of epic. The first half of the race jostling for position with just about everyone was manic but fun. Managed to break through and then passed Baz and Tommo, reeled in Pete and got through before reeling in Tommy. I got on the the back of him with about three laps to go But couldn't pass, you drove superbly mate. Made a couple of half attempts which only cost me more time. Got an epic run out of the final corner but it wasn't enough, very close and great fun though!

I tried to keep my nose clean at Motegi but ended up with aero damage which cost me a bit in the longer corner. Managed to catch up to the battle for 2nd but I think my mic stopped working and I didn't want to send any moves up the inside and cause a collision so I was extremely cautious.

Congrats to everyone for such fair and excellent racing. A lot of people had their own personal battles and there was a lot at stake so I'm glad we were all so fair. Best night's racing I've had on RRR I'd say.
0x

TommyWTF1
Original 8
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1

Postby TommyWTF1 » 25 Nov 2011, 18:51

Dan 7horn wrote:Great racing lastnight!

Race 2 was just so full of epic. The first half of the race jostling for position with just about everyone was manic but fun. Managed to break through and then passed Baz and Tommo, reeled in Pete and got through before reeling in Tommy. I got on the the back of him with about three laps to go But couldn't pass, you drove superbly mate. Made a couple of half attempts which only cost me more time. Got an epic run out of the final corner but it wasn't enough, very close and great fun though!

So much fun, I was lucky that there wasn't really too many places to pass, I think if there was a breaking zone after that long straight you'd have easily had me. Was parking on the Apex a lot! :P

Was that the closest finish of the season? I think it was just over 0.1 sec.
0x

Tommo N7
Car No: 39
Team: Virtue Racing
Twitter: @Tommo_N7

Postby Tommo N7 » 25 Nov 2011, 19:09

Butler_F1 wrote:I did the same thing to Tommo though :(

No problems mate, it's racing, sh*t happens :P
0x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 26 Nov 2011, 22:25

Qualifying
Neat and tidy, was pleased to start one place ahead of Alex.

Race 1
Bit of a mixed bag. My first night racing with a manual clutch and it made quite a difference. Had some excellent scraps with Dan until I made a crazy lunge into the first right hander, knocking into him (really sorry, Dan) and letting Butler and Alex through. Oooooh how I would later regret that moment. Trundled home 8th.

Race 2
Awesome race. Managed to pick my way through the pack and work my way up the field (passing the reigning champ Flavoury along the way :D) and found myself in second a few seconds behind Tommy. I set about chasing him but couldn't get near. In the latter stages Dan had his revenge and pinched 2nd place from me. Still, a welcome podium and with Alex down in 10th, things were looking interesting...

Race 3
Some frantic number crunching suggested Alex and I were about equal on points meaning a one race shoot-out. I made a great start I think I was in the top three coming out of turn one. Sadly I was on the outside, where a red and while car speared into me*, wrecking my engine. Game over. Came home 12th whilst Alex went on to score points, leaving me 2 points down in the final standings. :(

Bit of a kick in the teeth that one! I'm pretty sure I could have taken two points from that race! Hey-ho, thats racing.

Great driving all round, well done to everybody for another great night.

*On the night I said I thought it was Tommo, but quite honestly I don't know. Haven't checked the replay yet.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 28 Nov 2011, 16:00

Qualifying - Didn't really attack the lap and ended up mid-pack, which is dangerous on this track with those first couple of corners.

Race 1 - Started well, then went backwards, then went backwards some more, then Bookoi messed up and I moved forwards, eeking out a couple more points on him, which I was happy with.

Race 2 - This race was thoroughly enjoyable but an utter nightmare. Such a narrow track and short lap left everyone really bunched up for the majority of the race, and every time I made progress something hindered me and I ended up slipping back. I fell to almost last at one point and managed to get back up to 10th.

Race 3 - I started really well and was up to 3rd or 4th but was then spun round and left last and facing the wrong direction between turns 2 and 3. Knowing I had to get a decent haul of points to beat Bookoi, I set about clawing the placs back. Luckily Bookoi had also been spun and was only 1 place ahead of me. Unfortunately all hope of a nail-biting battle was dashed when I saw smoke pouring from the back of his car. I spent a couple of laps behind him, nudging him faster along the straights, but in the end overtook and made my way up to 7th, giving me the points I needed to keep hold of 5th in the championship.

Overall it was a pretty lacklustre event. I was unhappy not to get on the podium in at least 1 race, and miffed I ended up being spun round at the beginning of the last race. Overall it's been a fairly disappointing season.

On the up side, although we didn't have a full grid of 16 (which is a real shame... there were 2 places available and no reserves online!), everyone finished very closely to each other, and no-one was lapped.
0x
Have fun.