• 09/08/2020 RRTCR4: Magnificent Park | 16/08/2020 MEARS: Istanbul | 30/08/2020 RRTCR4: Highspeed Ring

RRTCR 4 Round 6 - Tiger Moth

S31 - rF2 - RRTCR 4
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

RRTCR 4 Round 6 - Tiger Moth

Postby shaxberd » 28 Jul 2020, 12:49

After moist Korea, the weather is heading back to Europe, with RRTCR going for round 6 at Tiger Moth's R1 layout featuring in three races this Sunday, 2nd August 2020!

Approximate Schedule (all times BST)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 15 minute
19:45 - Warm up, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race 1, 20 minutes - standing start
20:15 - Race 2, 20 minutes - 2nd fastest lap grid and standing start
20:40 - Race 3, 20 minutes - top 12 from R2 reversed

Weather Forecast for Kiev, Ukraine.

You will need the TCR mod pack (store) along with the Realish BoP and Tiger Moth track

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Re: RRTCR 4 Round 6 - Tiger Moth

Postby cosmo » 28 Jul 2020, 16:23

Tonight...

I drive a Honda.
Will drives a Honda.
And Matt goes the wrong way.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby cosmo » 28 Jul 2020, 16:25

Also:

shaxberd wrote:along with the Realish BoP and Bay Raceway track

Things that make you go... hmmmmm.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 28 Jul 2020, 20:39

Now that I've sussed out why my PC was running like shit on Sunday and sorted it, in :)
3x

nea
Name: Neil Sheard
Car No: 45
Steam ID: nea102
Twitter: _nea102_

Postby nea » 29 Jul 2020, 17:19

Unfortunately I'll probably be missing this one as I'm away getting COVID at a wedding. Can't. Wait.
0x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 29 Jul 2020, 21:31

IN :)
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 29 Jul 2020, 21:38

Maybe. Will be an arrive and drive if I do.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 30 Jul 2020, 07:45

I'm in.

Is there an issue with the rain model on this track? Wipers don't wipe it off, takes 3-4 wipes to remove it.

https://streamable.com/zi5ip1
0x

PaulDillon
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Paul Dillon
Car No: 77
Steam ID: Scrutti77

Postby PaulDillon » 30 Jul 2020, 08:38

In please
0x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 30 Jul 2020, 12:29

Assuming I don't explode or something Saturday, i'm in :)
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 02 Aug 2020, 06:23

In
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 02 Aug 2020, 08:28

In
0x
Have fun.

Blex
Name: Fraser Harley
Car No: 56
Steam ID: IvanVodkanov

Postby Blex » 02 Aug 2020, 10:35

In.
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 02 Aug 2020, 20:52

Qualified P6 for both races which I was happy with, then L1 of R1 went to shit entirely, with me getting scared by the T1 mayhem ahead and spinning myself into P16 once everyone was gone, then losing it on the way to the hairpin. A recovery drive from there, I ended up in P11 which I had no right too given I had lost my splitter and the top speed coming from that.

R2 was great fun, tried to hang with @Boovolari for a while before losing connection and then spinning on the way to the chicane for no good reason, letting @Shinobi by - made for a tremendous fight against him though, bringing home P5.

R3 had another fun gap-battle with @sin_racing behind me, both of us picking up places but never actually getting close enough to each other - instead, it was Martin coming into sight again, and another P5 in the end!
3x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 02 Aug 2020, 21:00

I hated driving around this track on my own but loved racing it.

Quali: Not great. P14 and P14 I believe.

Race 1: Not great. Crashed a few times, including while being flashed at by @Arwyn (heh). Repaired late on. P15.

Race 2: Bit better, was in with a shout of points until I crashed into @cosmo because I'm an idiot. Fluked a reverse grid front row. P11.

Race 3: Got jumped by @Lemm314 at the start and later by @Mike Bell but was able to hold @ajokay and @lazaros18 behind. I inherited a podium spot when @Blex had an issue, only for me to have exactly the same issue myself into the same turn. I was still kind of in with a shout of a podium, only to be lobbed over a barrier by @Shinobi towards the end. Salvaged some points by passing a (I assume hobbled?) @Boovolari at the end. P8.
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 02 Aug 2020, 21:02

two 4ths and a 6th. Very very happy with my performance today. Barely a wheel out of place all evening and had some amazing battles with @lazaros18 (2-wide through the chicane twice in race 3) and @Shinobi and @Arwyn and @craighypheno and @shaxberd and briefly @Mike Bell and @MrRandom287 on their way past me. Thanks all

Also tried to keep on @Boovolari's tail but he had a few tenths in his tank over me. Congrats on the double podium dude!

POWAtime!

Slightly off-topic, made this 4 years ago on a whim wondering what a 'proper' circuit round dunsfold would look like and it's similar to what we raced today. Glad to see it gives good racing!
So much fun!

3x
Have fun.

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 02 Aug 2020, 21:36

Forever Forward Results

1st= Mike Bell - 11
1st= April Carlsvard - 11
3rd= Mark Singleton - 10
3rd= Alex Odell - 10
5th - Ryan Eastham - 7
6th - Matthew Wheeler - 6
7th= William Walker - 5
7th= Joshua Anderson - 5
9th= Paul Dillon - 4
9th= Arwyn Brock - 4
9th= Bjorn Golda - 4
12th= Fraser Harley - 3
12th= Will Fry - 3
12th= Craig Woollard - 3
12th= Pete Walker - 3
16th= Lazaros Filippakos - 1
16th= Martin Fernandez - 1

And Overall

1st - Mike Bell - 82
2nd - Matthew Wheeler - 53
3rd - April Carlsvard - 48
4th - Alex Odell - 46
5th - Lazaros Filippakos - 42
6th - Craig Woollard - 38
7th - Sam Hill - 36
8th= Bjorn Golda - 35
8th= Will Fry - 35
8th= Joshua Anderson - 35
11th= Arwyn Brock - 34
11th= Mark Gormley - 34
13th - Ryan Eastham - 30
14th= Artur Borowski - 26
14th= Campbell Wallis - 26
14th= Fraser Harley - 26
14th= William Walker - 26
18th - Paul Dillon - 25
19th - James Lambert - 24
20th - Scott Sovik - 22
21st - Mark Singleton - 16
22nd - Kyran Parkin - 14
23rd - Martin Fernandez - 14
24th - Pete Walker - 11
25th - Niall Larner - 8
26th - James Price-Harper - 7
27th - Tom Bellingham - 6
28th - Neil Sheard - 5
29th= Dan Thorn - 0
29th= Lee Harrison - 0
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 02 Aug 2020, 22:20

Qualy: P5 for both races, put out my best lap on this circuit while following mike around for some inspiration.

R1: Messy T1, battled @ajokay for a fair bit of the race, very close racing and I managed to get ahead but all the fighting made my tires go a bit, my setup getting very understeery beacuse of it, which pushed me into mistakes. Matt showing up and overtaking me into the chicane didn't help things as it put me in the back foot and right back into Alex's clutches. Couldn't really find a way to respond after that, I did my best but I noticed that my understeer was getting worse so I counted my blessings and settled into the position. P5

R2: Alex overtook me early in the race (again!) but this time around I got him one better and retook my position and built a bit of gap. Not having to fight as much helped me stay on pace for most of it. With two laps to go I was feeling confident in bringing home another P5, @shaxberd ahead with a comfortable gap to me, but unfortunately he had a bit of a hiccup with his connection it seems, making him go off at the chicane, giving me the opportunity to go past him. I feel there was a cheeky rejoin attempt being made but I manage to squeeze by, finding myself in a very intense fight to the lights for the last couple laps. Super fun, and stressful! P4

R3: I had a lot of fun with this one but it has a bittersweet undertone as I ruined @craighypheno race. I was far behind but I felt that if I nailed the execution I could try and follow bjorn's narrower line and get past craig quickly and get Matt off my ass, but I couldn't control the car and ended up sending him over.

That aside I felt it was a fun race. I was pretty happy with my start, I got around T1 rather well making 2 positions on one go, coming out there 3 wide with Bjorn and @Arwyn. I had Mike breathing down my neck for a few laps, and although he was not trying apparently, I was positioning my car to not really give him any easy chances. A few laps later I made a move to try and get past Alex (again!! noticing a theme here) but I overshot the brakes which I think did a number on my confidence as I never quite felt comfortable on them after that, which was where I felt I was making the difference today. Got tangoing with @lazaros18 for a few laps, where we overtook eachother a couple times and it felt mental and really fun. Then I fell off, got into another fight with bjorn and his little train. He got me one better, Matt following me for a lap after that before the incident with Craig, cruising it home in P10.

To be honest, I'm just happy to be racing at this level. I'm fighting where I wanna be fighting, getting super close and in there, avoiding contact rather well but still putting the elbows out when needed. I'm literally getting my best laps every weekend in qualy, which is amazing. It's just, a very good feeling. It felt like a very mature race for me, things just worked and I felt in control of the car, which perhaps made me a bit overconfident trying to make certain move sticks like the one with Craig, but I had been driving my wheels off (maybe literally; I'm looking at you front left) up to that point in that race. Mistakes happen, unfortunate it costed someone other than just myself.

But yeah, it's one thing to have one good result, but being able to perform to this level week in and out in these cars just feels very good and I'm quite proud of myself. Need to carry these good vibes into other cars now. Cheers and good racing everyone!
1x

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 03 Aug 2020, 06:59

Quali: Pretty wank really, P15 / P16 but also well over a second off my best practice times.

R1: I managed to take advantage of the T1 carnage and push myself through to 8th by the end of the first lap. I held onto this for a few laps but was eventually caught by Matt and Lazzy making their ways back through the feild and ended up with a steady P10. Happy with that, it meant b2b points results which I think is a first for me.

R2: Utter shit, I had made a change to my brake bias for R1 which I didn't save. Coming into this race the car felt off and I totalled it under braking early on then just kinda gave up. Retired.

R3: Slight improvement on R2, I managed to finish this one :mrgreen: . There was less carnage to take advantage of but still a small amount, found myself in P10 for a good while, before being picked off by Matt again, Then with a couple of laps to go I spun and lost a couple more places. P14

A bit disappointed really, I was running solid 59s on a green circuit with a low 58 as my fastest lap and I was stuck in 2:00:00s for the races and qualified with a similar time.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 04 Aug 2020, 17:04

craighypheno wrote:Salvaged some points by passing a (I assume hobbled?) @Boovolari at the end. P8.

Yep. I clumsily made contact with a wall on the last lap and in a cheap tribute to Hamilton's GP finish earlier in the day, raced the last half a lap with a front puncture. You couldn't have just been a couple of seconds further back, could you? :)

Great fun on Sunday night. I think the last time I took two podiums in one night was over six years ago! Really enjoyed having @ajokay up at the front, too. One of us must have paid the electric bill, because the POWA was finally back on 8-)

2x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 05 Aug 2020, 22:07

Drivers involved: @sin_racing (#36), @Blex (#56)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Tiger Moth 1
Timestamp: 307
Short Description: Mark loses control, goes off across the grass and rejoins on the apex of the following corner into Fraser's path.
Verdict: WARNING for Mark
Comment: We felt that Mark should have waited until the track was clear behind before rejoining the track where he did.

Drivers involved: @TheGwiiBird (#38), @Blex (#56)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Tiger Moth 2
Timestamp: 337
Short Description: Fraser massively outbrakes himself and hits Will. Fraser waits.
Verdict: WARNING for Fraser
Comment: While Fraser did wait and gave Will the place back, the incident was serious enough for a warning.

Drivers involved: @cosmo (#2), @craighypheno (#86)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Tiger Moth 2
Timestamp: 919
Short Description: Craig squeezes Josh into the wall. Death occurs. Craig doesn't wait.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Craig
Comment: This incident was on Craig and as he didn't wait, a reprimand was appropriate.

Drivers involved: @cosmo (#2), @zephyr (#101)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Tiger Moth 3
Timestamp: 328
Short Description: Will squeezes Josh into the wall. Death occurs. Will doesn't wait.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Will
Comment: This was almost a carbon copy of the previous incident. It was on Will and as he didn't wait, a reprimand was appropriate.

Drivers involved: @Shinobi (#19), @craighypheno (#86)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Tiger Moth 3
Timestamp: 1255
Short Description: Martin locks up and ends up launching Craig over the barrier.
Verdict: WARNING for Martin
Comment: While Martin did wait and gave Craig the place back, the incident was serious enough for a warning.

If you wish to appeal a verdict, please send a PM to @camp_bell or @shaxberd.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby cosmo » 06 Aug 2020, 00:29

I wanted squishes and everyone complied, just not in the intended manner.

Still, got some fun races out of it, especially with @PaulDillon, so not all bad!
1x