• 28/06/2020 RRTCR4: Circuit de Boers | 05/07/2020 RRTCR4: Lester | 19/07/2020 MEARS: Imola

RRTCR 4 Round 1 - Toban Medium

S31 - rF2 - RRTCR 4
Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: Westbeef

Re: RRTCR 4 Round 1 - Toban Medium

Postby Westbeef » 24 May 2020, 15:50

In
0x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 24 May 2020, 16:50

Now out unfortunately :-( if the replays and car pack are in the normal place I'll get some pics middle of next week from the race reports. I'll also fix whatever I did wrong for livery too.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 24 May 2020, 20:50

Hope the racing was fun guys, I hear it was a 26 car grid. Quite phenomenal. Apologies for absence, it's been quite a day.
3x
Have fun.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 24 May 2020, 20:57

(Officially) equalling our biggest grid ever at 26! Nice one, everybody! Relatively clean all things considered. New season, new cars, tight, short, narrow track, new faces, returning ones too.

I had a 'mare, but enjoyed what racing I had.

EDIT:

EDIT EDIT: Pictures!
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 24 May 2020, 20:59

Struggled to regain the connection to the car when in VR, but ultimately got some pace in - qualified better than expected (at least for R1) and managed to hang on to some points.
Less so regarding R2, and with me and my tyre wear I struggled to keep it on the tarmac towards the end, ultimately dropping out of the reverse grid positions.
Fun bit of racing in R3 with some back-and-forth groups battling it out, but ended up in an incident towards the middle - saving tyres this time (by my standards), I got back up to Mark towards the end, but not close enough.

Thanks for the racing everyone, and sorry for the rocky start with the 2nd lap grid and the lag issues in R3, will look into both.

Server replays are on the FTP now.
4x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Blex
Name: Fraser Harley
Car No: 56
Steam ID: IvanVodkanov

Postby Blex » 24 May 2020, 21:06

Bloody exhausted, but good fun. Cheers all.
0x

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 24 May 2020, 21:27

Also exhausted after that!

Being my first time in a fwd series, to qualify just outside the top 10 for R1 and R2, and to get a 9th in R2, I'm very happy with that!

Looks like JRG is my lucky colour :lol:
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 24 May 2020, 21:31

Thanks everyone for turning up! It's a very long time since we had 26 cars in a race and considering the closeness of the racing, the silly short and tight track and the bumper grid with a few newcomers in the race, I think the racing was about as clean as we could have reasonably expected.

As I said in the stewaring post, we will review lap 1 from all three races. If you have any incidents you want the stewards to look at, send a PM to myself or @Lemm314 by 19:00 on Tuesday.

One thing I will say is if you are able to use push-to-talk, please do so. Teamspeak should let you map a button on your wheel so you don't need to reach a button on the keyboard. With 26 people in a lobby, it's more important that we eliminate background noise etc where possible.

Anyway, I really enjoyed tonight. Coming in, I was expecting to be at the back but I turned out to be in the midfield pack, which was pleasing.

Quali
Got one good lap together right at the end. 13th and 14th.

Race 1
Survived a spin early on. I was catching @Sam Hill and @nea towards the end but had a spin at turn 4 into the wall, thankfully avoiding major damage. 11th

Race 2
Another race running on the fringes of the points. Ended up in a great battle with @Lemm314 over what turned out to be 12th, but just lost out in the last couple of laps. 13th

Race 3
Fucking hell that was intense.. I managed to avoid death and made steady progress, including fending off @pyjames91 for several laps mid race until I got some breathing space. I also murdered @shaxberd without realising along the way, big apologies for that. I survived a tap and scare on the final lap and hung on for 8th.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 24 May 2020, 21:47

Not the greatest return. Stacked it all on my own in race 1 and then had to pit cos I didn’t have enough fuel. Race two was better, I had a superb first lap to jump up four places but once the edge was gone from my tyres I just couldn’t find a way to drive around it and kept making silly errors. Made a small setup change for race 3 to try and help but it made the car undriveable and I wasn’t having any fun so I quit.

Can’t say I really enjoy much about these cars; maybe it’ll be a bit better on some different tracks.
0x

Arwyn
Name: Arwyn Brock
Car No: 99
Team: Also-Ran Motorsports
Steam ID: ArwynDu
Twitter: Pupperpotamus

Postby Arwyn » 24 May 2020, 21:53

Solid races, and happy to report that these were my first times finishing above people who hadn;t DNF'd, which in of itself is good for me

Sadly I didn't manage to have a single clean race, having rolled in race 1, ripped my splitter off in race 2, and ending up in a tangle on race 3.

My pace was OK, and besides the aforementioned incidents I was on a pretty good pace for races 1 and 3, having some good battles with much more experienced drivers. I was falling off in race 2, but without a splitter on that track is a BAD place to be.

Looking forwards to more of this series!
3x

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 24 May 2020, 23:02

Was way off the pace so just tried to drive within my limits and keep out of trouble. Served me pretty well. I got @nea with a couple of laps to go for 9th in race 1.

Couldn’t make up much ground til later on in race 2 when other folks’ tyres went off. Managed to hold on round the outside of the double left hander to steal 14th from Bjorn on the last lap.

I think I only made one actual overtake in race 3 but as other people had issues I found myself in 4th. Just managed to hold off Kyran’s damaged car on the last lap for my best result in a very long time.

The shaggin’ wagon done good.
1x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 25 May 2020, 01:19

Q: Got a decent lap in and 4th for R1 but couldn't get enough for anything better than 6th in R2.

R1: Had the pace to keep up with the top guys at the front, and was holding P4 pretty solidly, but made an error going through the double lefts and hit the wall. Cost me time, but not too much performance and ended up P8 in the end.

R2: Made the exact same error, but a lap later than the race before. Lost the splitter, but kept P5 for a while with some super-defensive driving. Ended up P10 after I lost all hope and grip in the fronts the last 3-4 laps.

R3: Oh man...had an awesome launch from P3, only to go into T1 in P2 and cover off @Lemm314 too quickly into the corner and caught my rear on her front, causing me to spin into @jims709 and send him flying into the barriers. Again, really sorry about that :(
Made tons of errors throughout the next 4 laps, before sending it off into the barriers at T2 on lap 5, breaking most of the front, simultaneously feeling the effects of overheating and just feeling it necessary to call it a day at that point.

4 points from 3 races is a poor showing considering, and I don't think I've ever experienced this much disappointment and disgust from my own driving as I did after race 3. I feel like I should've known better than to even start the race when I started feeling outright sick right before it...but tomorrow's a new day!
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 25 May 2020, 08:21

So, BTCC has the forever forward award, if Realish had it, the scores after round 1 would look like this (1 point per place gained from starting position, even or position loss scores 0):

1st - Sam Hill, 22
2nd = Mike Bell, 14
2nd = Craig Woollard, 14
4th - Ryan Eastham, 13
5th = Artur Borowski, 11
5th = Fraser Harley, 11
7th - Matthew Wheeler, 10
8th = Lazaros Filippakos, 8
8th = Campbell Wallis, 8
8th = Arwyn Brock, 8
11th = Bjorn Golda, 6
11th = Martin Fernandez, 6
11th = Tom Bellingham, 6
11th = April Carlsvard, 6
15th - Kyran Parkin, 5
16th = Joshua Anderson, 4
16th = Mark Gormley, 4
18th - Neil Sheard, 3
19th = Mark Singleton, 2
19th = James Price-Harper, 2
19th = Will Fry, 2
19th = Pete Walker, 2
19th = James Lambert, 2
24th = Scott Sovik, 0
24th = Dan Thorn, 0
24th = Lee Harrison, 0
1x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Tekno
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 25 May 2020, 08:45

Gotta say, two days before the race, after I had checked the live timing for the first time and realized I had made some very bad setup decisions, I was willing to call my testing pace a fluke and settle for minor points as a target - thankfully that bit of shock forced me reconsider stuff and come race day the speed was back there :)

Quali was solid, with P8 and P7 starts. There was one more lap in me that could steal a further tenth or two, but final two attempts ended on spins on the out laps while negotiating traffic on timed laps, so there's that :P

R1 was all about just keeping it on the black stuff and keeping out of trouble. Not much happened, but the consistency was enough to pick up four places and end P4, a little off the leading trio.

R2 was more eventful - ran wide fairly early on in the double righthander section while defending from @KJP93, car really felt like swapping ends, fortunately recovering from such situations is ridiculously easy with FWD power, so I got back on track by means of flooring it and Initial D-grade powersliding. Spent next couple of laps looking for a way past the damaged car of @fjordnet - eventually elbowing my way through on the T1-2 outside. Once that's been done I built a bit of a gap @lazaros18 was very keen to close, but the race length worked in my favour and I just held on to P5.

R3 start was messy, admittedly the lagging happening around and a lot of dust being kicked up distracted me more than they should. Dropped to P10, but kept myself within the @Lemm314 train. Started to regain places among the crashes and spins again, copied the T1-2 move (this time on @nea iirc), saw myself as high as P3 and still very much on the offensive, chasing after @Mike Bell in P2. Ran out of overtaking opportunities and laps to do so, finishing just 0.2s behind, but a podium finish is always appreciated!

Overall that's some very encouraging momentum! Hopefully I can carry it on throughout the season.
0x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 25 May 2020, 08:49

Good start to the season for me, but was very close to it all falling apart.

Qually happened and I spent the first 10 minutes really doing nothing, going out for my 2nd-to-last run i was sat in like 12th, and with an extra .5 or so for my 2nd lap. Managed to get an ok lap on my 2nd last run, and came very close to a PB on what I figured was a scruffy lap on the final lap to secure a pair of P3's which I was perfectly happy with in the Hyundai.

Off the start of R1 I managed to outdrag JPH into Turn 1 and sweep around the outside before setting off after Kyran, made a feint into T1 but it was enough for Kyran to make the mistake and lose it, from there it was just a case of slow the pace down, keep distance and momentum to a minimum and rely on the superior Korean power to beat the slipstream en route to taking my first win for Kawaiibutus.

Race 2 was nearly a carbon copy, as I passed JPH in turn 1 again, before making a move on Kyran in T1 of lap 2. Only this time Kyran held on around the outside, tried to keep up the chase for awhile but was concious of the heavy car and the effect it would have on the tyres, had just started to resign myself to P2 when Kyran went off again, from there, it was just a case of be in the way and bring it home mistake free for another win.

Race 3 I figured was going to be a real intense affair, and I was right. Quickly moved up into 8th place, but was in the queue for the lead. After a few small knocks between other people I found myself in P4, making a bold move around Neil in T1 which was only millimeters from disaster, as my rear left wheel barely stayed off the grass. Set about hunting down April and took P2 as she went off. Didn't have a prayer of catching Matt at that point so just consolidated P2 from a charging Art at the end.

All in all that went well, 2 wins and a 2nd from a track I figure to be a weak one for the Hyundai, just need to work on Qually for next round.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 25 May 2020, 09:59

Mike Bell wrote:So, BTCC has the forever forward award, if Realish had it, the scores after round 1 would look like this (1 point per place gained from starting position, even or position loss scores 0):

1st - Sam Hill, 22
2nd = Mike Bell, 14
2nd = Craig Woollard, 14
4th - Ryan Eastham, 13
5th = Artur Borowski, 11
5th = Fraser Harley, 11
7th - Matthew Wheeler, 10
8th = Lazaros Filippakos, 8
8th = Campbell Wallis, 8
8th = Arwyn Brock, 8
11th = Bjorn Golda, 6
11th = Martin Fernandez, 6
11th = Tom Bellingham, 6
11th = April Carlsvard, 6
15th - Kyran Parkin, 5
16th = Joshua Anderson, 4
16th = Mark Gormley, 4
18th - Neil Sheard, 3
19th = Mark Singleton, 2
19th = James Price-Harper, 2
19th = Will Fry, 2
19th = Pete Walker, 2
19th = James Lambert, 2
24th = Scott Sovik, 0
24th = Dan Thorn, 0
24th = Lee Harrison, 0

ByCraig is good at something then ;)
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 25 May 2020, 12:19

Quali: Got about a good a lap I could muster. In theory a low 12 was possible and I was on route to getting one but I borked that lap. Qualified towards the end of the field, but I didn't feel off by a mile like in other ocassions so I wasn't really too upset about it. Hoping to get a bit faster througout the season so I can qualify a little better. p23

Race 1: I managed to get through the carnage alright, but went into Pete into the hairpin after the esses, I tried waitng but he was facing the wrong way so I took off. Idk if that threw me off, or if I was just distracted after that point, but I seemed to confuse my braking point for the last chicane and began braking later than I should, running late into there a couple times, and having a spin somewhere else over the track later. I think I was in a bit of a rush to catch up and forgot how to drive that race. By the end I managed to recover a few positions, even hanging on to a group from the front runners that lapped me pretty well. Could have made a few more positions with a bit more time. p21

Race 2: My most solid race I think. Didn't make any mistakes and held off quite few people for quite a while. Had my own little train on the back until they all started dropping off one by one. Eventually I ended up by myself and was free to race my usual lines, catching up to the two people ahead of me and having a little go at them. I couldn't quite make it happen as they were battling eachother and I picked the wrong side on one crucial moment when both of them went side by side which didn't allow for a pass on one of them. Still happy I got to catch up a couple people and get in a fight after having defended for the first part of the race. Made me feel better about my pace, which overall wasn't spectacular, but was enough to hang on and have a fight in the back, even save my tires so much I didn't wear them all too much. Probably not a good thing, but tends to happen when I'm driving conservatively. p19

Race 3: Another solid race with a bit of an unsatisfying ending if anything. Once again I ended up comanding my own little train in the back, holding off quite a few cars as once again I went full defensive and the cars ahead just kinda disappeaered into the distance. In the early stages I ended up backing a few people into eachother and as they fought one another they all got tangled in a big crash, leaving me and Will running free. A few divebombs later and me outbraking myself, Will ended up ahead of me and I started giving chase. I felt I was actually gaining on him so I was on the hunt. However my overeagerness got the better of me, braking really late into T1 and not being able to get the car turned in enough, dipping two wheels on the grass and sbinalling my race. Car felt a bit odd so I decided just to pit and get it all fixed. Maybe I should have driven it but I had dropped to the back of the field after effectively being in a fight for 13th (Will was ahead of me and fraser was cruising just a bit ahead) and wasn't in the highest spirits, thought it best to just have fun with a fixed car till the end of the race (shoutout to 90 second repair). Ended up racing alone for a while until Craig came out of the pits near the end of the race and had a bit of squable to the flag. He actually got the best of me on the last chicane but I think in the heat of it all he couldn't quite get the last bit of the execution right, allowing me to recover my position and finish ahead of him. p18

So! Not the best outcomes, but I felt comfortable driving these cars and honestly feel these results aren't necessarily representative of what I can do, most of my problems coming down to my own mistakes. This track was a bit unforgiving depending on where you went off. I'm looking forward to improving over the course of the season :D
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 26 May 2020, 21:26

Drivers involved: @Shinobi (#19), @Boovolari (#71)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Toban 1
Timestamp: 265
Short Description: Martin rear-ends Pete. Martin doesn't wait.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Martin
Comment: As recently clarified, if you cause another car to leave the track and don't give the position back where possible, that is an automatic reprimand.

Drivers involved: @Lemm314 (#314), @fjordnet (#58), @jims709 (#91)
Event/Race: RRTCR 4 - Toban 3
Timestamp: 230
Short Description: April and Scott make light contact in turn 1, which causes Scott to eliminate james
Verdict: NO ACTION - racing incident
Comment: Neither April nor Scott were at fault for this incident and James is extremely unlucky to be caught up in the aftermath.

Drivers involved: @nea (#145), @TheGwiiBird (#38), @lazaros18 (#14)
Timestamp: 240
Short Description: Will and Neil make side-on contact then Lazaros catches Will and spins him.
Verdict: NO ACTION - racing incident
Comment: Will was backing off due to the accident ahead and was unluckily caught by Neil and Lazaros.

Drivers involved: @sin_racing (#36), @lazaros18 (#14)
Timestamp: 680
Short Description: Lazaros makes contact with Mark, causing both to hit the wall. Lazaros does not wait.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Lazaros
Comment: As recently clarified, if you cause another car to leave the track and don't give the position back where possible, that is an automatic reprimand.

Drivers involved: @shaxberd (#10), @camp_bell (#64)
Timestamp: 715
Short Description: Campbell moves over and makes side-on contact with Bjorn, spinning him. Campbell does not wait.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Campbell

Drivers involved: @cosmo (#2), @Mr Flobadob (#7)
Timestamp: 500
Short Description: Josh and Lee make contact, causing a large accident that collects three more cars.
Verdict:WARNING for Lee
Comment: While there was a car's width on the right, Lee significantly moved across the track into Josh's path and directly caused the accident.

@lazaros18's reprimand means he needs to serve a PENALTY, to be served at the next race.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Postby jims709 » 26 May 2020, 21:52

3 x reprimands for @camp_bell for 3 separate mistakes in the report.

@camp_bell needs to serve 2 PENALTIES, to be served at the next race.
6x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 28 May 2020, 12:30

Some pics from race 1 :)

11x