• 22/03/2020 GEARS II: Mosport | 29/03/2020 FRee VII: Punta del Este | 05/04/2020 FRee VIII: London

Formula Ree Round 7 - Punta del Este

S30 - rF2 - Formula Ree
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Formula Ree Round 7 - Punta del Este

Postby shaxberd » 23 Mar 2020, 20:26

Thankfully travelling from Europe to South America is a lot easier within rF2 mods! Welcome to the penultimate round of the season, with the Punta del Este reePrix awaiting us this Sunday, 29th Match 2020.

Approximate Schedule (all times BST)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 10 minute superpole (1 flying lap only)
19:45 - Warm up, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race 1, 40 minutes - standing start with no formation lap
20:30 - Race 2, 20 minutes - top 8 reverse grid and standing start with no formation lap

Weather Forecast

You will need both the workshop track and the Formula E Gen 2 DLC. The best way is to buy the Formula E Race Bundle on Steam

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Re: Formula Ree Round 7 - Punta del Este

Postby camp_bell » 23 Mar 2020, 21:31

Punta del Este? More like Banter del Este!

Stewarding post to follow
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

TVR_Steve
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Steve Kirk
Car No: 54
Team: Realish Racing New Driver Prog
Steam ID: TVR_Steve

Postby TVR_Steve » 24 Mar 2020, 07:38

Pls no Puntarino
1x

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 24 Mar 2020, 15:10

Practicing punt technique.

(In since I'm going for the 150)
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 25 Mar 2020, 22:13

Server is now up - please subscribe to the workshop item first, as the server will download a small package updating it to fix a deadly murderkerb :)
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 27 Mar 2020, 22:56

Yes

Edit, won't be back for this one.
1x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 28 Mar 2020, 20:50

Clocks go forward in the UK tonight.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 29 Mar 2020, 20:06

Banter.

Quali sucked as usual.

Race 1 was tough but successful. Struggled to save energy then went 2 laps down which was useful. Ended up P6!

Race 2 was start 150! (Special event details soon.) Glory ran it off the start and led a lap :mrgreen: Then I Joshed it as I always do, held people up a bit, and eventually crashed out.

I might even do the last round, that was actually fun.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 29 Mar 2020, 20:24

Quali
No idea where that lap came from. 3rd on the grid but that's about as good as it got.

Race 1
Got overtaken by @MrRandom287 in the opening lap, then on lap 2 I hit the sausage kerb at the second chicane and spun right to the back. I recovered quite well but around half distance I smacked a wall and lost a wheel. Amazingly I was still alive and pitted for repairs but a few laps later the engine died, probably as a result of the crash. DNF

Race 2
Somehow avoided the worst of the carnage on lap 1 then spent much of the race behind @Mike Bell. I just avoided Mike's car when he was sent into orbit (the first time I've ever physically ducked in a simrace). With a couple of laps to go I smacked a wall which bent the suspension, and on the last lap I hit the wall and killed the car. Thankfully the destruction elsewhere meant I stayed classified 7th.

1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 29 Mar 2020, 20:32

Fluffed my quali lap, scored some points, caused a crash.
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 30 Mar 2020, 01:59

Quali: Managed about my best possible lap. I think I had a bit more potential to be faster, but a lap in the 11s was a very good result for me and managed just that. Classified on 8th and got punted by the server. Foreshadowing?

Race 1: Started alright, found myself in a good position early on in 5th after an early game of thread the needle (shoutout to April for opening up the gap that allowed me to keep going and not get tangled in their crash). I was keeping Campbell at a reasonable distance until I believe he decided to close the gap because he drew near very quickly. I kept him behind for a little bit, almost made him crash into me as I lifted into a fast chicane because of a yellow flag, to finally speak myself wide, as I made an error in the final turn and ran wide, leaving the inside ready for the taking, once again proving I can't drive and talk (that corner in particular was a bit of pain for me). Feeling a bit miffed by that, I tried to keep up but my efforts proved insufficient, started seeing Craig coming up behind me. I tried to hold him off and I managed to mantain the gap but started making some silly mistakes, which in turn made me push myself a bit more and I ended up running the sausage of T2 (foreshadowing? Again?) and slamming against the wall. Was gonna pit for repairs that lap as my steering wasn't very happy, but my internet said no and I got punted off the server. Came back moments later, 3 laps behind, car full of juice and with no damage. Put my head down, drove to the end, tried to push a bit to try and pick up any pieces that may fall down. A P9 that could have been siccthhhhh (more foreshadowing?!), although I was a bit off juice wise so who knows.

Race 2: Fun little race. Started out in 9th, survived the carnage to emerge in 6th, laps later I'd find myself in 5th with small gap to a train of cars led by Mike. I feel like I managed to really concentrate and keep ahead of that group for a good few laps which honestly felt quite good. Got tapped in the rear by Lazzy in lap 10 as he lunged Mike and used me as a stopping board, which was sorta the preamble of the carnage to unfold in lap 11. Feeling under pressure, and with some damage I picked up from getting tapped and my own mistakes here and there, I rode the sausage (again! I just couldn't get enough; also shoutout to myself for not spinning myself out there) out of T5 letting 3 cars through, one of which promptly exploded, leaving me in 7th. Laps went by, mistakes were made. Wasn't the only one however as Campbell ran into some trouble and I managed to catch him in the final lap as he struggled to let Kyran through to secure my first siiicccccccth in realish racing. Best result to date on a very bloody and weird race where I made quite a few errors.

Overall, pace was ok, I could actually fight some people, which felt good for a change! Thanks Matt for the set up! I thought it'd be deadly but it took my laps from the 14s to the 11s instantly (I can't make a set up if my life depends on it apparently). Ended modifying it a bit and using that. Shoutout to Mark and James as well who shared theirs with me to try as well :D
0x