• 09/08/2020 RRTCR4: Magnificent Park | 16/08/2020 MEARS: Istanbul | 30/08/2020 RRTCR4: Highspeed Ring

Formula Ree Round 1 - Hong Kong

S30 - rF2 - Formula Ree
camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Formula Ree Round 1 - Hong Kong

Postby camp_bell » 16 Jan 2020, 00:47

Welcome to Formula Ree! The first race of the new season is at Hong Kong and takes place this Sunday, 19th January 2020.

Approximate Schedule (all times GMT)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 10 minute superpole (1 flying lap only)
19:45 - Warm up, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race 1, 40 minutes - standing start with no formation lap
20:30 - Race 2, 20 minutes - top 8 reverse grid and standing start with no formation lap

Weather Forecast

You will need both the Formula E Gen 2 and Hong Kong ePrix DLC. The best way is to buy the Formula E Race Bundle on Steam

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.

Signed up
Campbell Wallis
April Carlsvard
Josh Anderson
Allie Ferrie
Scott Sovik
Steve Kirk
Matthew Wheeler
Kyran Parkin
Pete Walker
Alex Odell
Ryan Eastham
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Re: Formula Ree Round 1 - Hong Kong

Postby camp_bell » 16 Jan 2020, 00:48

Hong Kong Stewarding Post

This map shows the pit lane but street names are the same as the map in the OP

Pit Entry: Bear left on the roundabout after Yiu Sing Street (the track continues to the right, which is easy to miss)
Pit Exit: Rejoin on the left on the main straight. Attempt to respect the blend line but it's very tight so we will allow some leway. Please announce pit exit.

Track notes
The start is on the straight after the final corner, a few hundred meters after the start/finish timing line. The first corner is extremely tight and your tyres and brakes will be cold. Make sure you can get round the corner from off the racing line and be prepared brake early and/or take avoiding action if there's a crash.

If you crash and your car is blocking part of the track, please announce this on Teamspeak and give your approximate location on the track. Having a printout of the track map available (or having the track map on a second screen) may help with this. In addition, please respect yellow flags, as there may be a car blocking the track round the next corner. We'll take a dim view if you join someone else's accident when you should have reasonably been warned by yellow flags and/or your own reactions.

This is a very tight and challenging track and overtaking will be difficult. Please be patient when trying to overtake as sticking your car up the inside of most corners is unlikely to be successful. If you are being lapped, try to move over at the first reasonable opportunity but remember that you have the right to run your own race and you shouldn't compromise your race too much in the process.

Event notes
Remember there is no formation lap, so you will not have any chance to warm up your tyres and brakes before the race.

Since the grid on these tracks is often well away from the start/finish line, laptimes from lap 1 are not eligible for fastest lap points.

The 40 minute race cannot be run flat out. Make sure you know the basics of power conservation (especially lifting and coasting) as you will not reach the finish otherwise. Feel free to ask for help here or on the Realish Racing Discord server if you're not sure what to do.

Please be patient and try to play the long game. In both practice races last week, there was a significant rate of attrition and all finishers would have scored points in a championship race. There will be accidents and mistakes, and if you reach the end of either race without any major incidents, you will probably do quite well.

We will review lap 1 of both races as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 21st January 2020.
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 16 Jan 2020, 02:04

Yes!
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 16 Jan 2020, 04:15

Gotta be there to keep increasing my start count.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 16 Jan 2020, 04:28

Planning on an early morning.
0x

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 16 Jan 2020, 16:11

yes
0x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

TVR_Steve
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Steve Kirk
Car No: 54
Team: Realish Racing New Driver Prog
Steam ID: TVR_Steve

Postby TVR_Steve » 16 Jan 2020, 16:23

Yes.
0x

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 16 Jan 2020, 22:17

Expecting to come to a standstill on Lap 1!
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 16 Jan 2020, 22:55

Lung Wo Road... more like Lunge Wo Road.

Yes!
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 17 Jan 2020, 00:10

Yep yep
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 17 Jan 2020, 17:31

Uh, I guess so
0x
Have fun.

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 17 Jan 2020, 18:03

in
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 19 Jan 2020, 21:14

Good fun racing in VR again - fun battles with @Lemm314, @camp_bell & @Mike Bell throughout the races, good stuff!

Congrats podiums and flappers!
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 19 Jan 2020, 21:23

Quali
Actually did a good in qualifying for once. 5th

Race 1
Got shoved into the wall at turn 1 and came out 13th, just to undo my good work in qualifying. I had good battles with @Boovolari and @shaxberd as I recovered and ultimately came out in 7th, which I was quite pleased with.

Race 2
Starting 2nd, I locked up into turn 1 and into @Mosaegir, big apologies for that. For some reason I just had no pace in this race and after dropping out of the points early on, @KJP93 snatched Craigth on the final lap to drop me to 10th.
1x

TVR_Steve
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Steve Kirk
Car No: 54
Team: Realish Racing New Driver Prog
Steam ID: TVR_Steve

Postby TVR_Steve » 19 Jan 2020, 21:31

As a novice, I found that track and car combination very difficult, without adding in trying to manage where to position myself when being lapped.
Will practice more for the next race.
0x

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 19 Jan 2020, 22:18

Not the results (or pace) I would have liked, but god that was good. How we all stayed pointing (mostly) straight in Race 2, I have no idea.

Sorry again to Lazaros for the R1L1T1 punt.
0x

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 19 Jan 2020, 23:50

Q: Felt bad but was fast enough for polerino.

R1: A bit of a bad T1 plus bad decision in power levels meant I completely dropped off at the start and ended up 4th within a few laps. Managed the battery a bit too well and ended up pushing 100% for the last 10 minutes. Got past Matt and Lazzy after they had a slight coming together and snuck pass to end up 2nd with a bonus point for the third fastest lap.

R2: Clean T1 and going Trulli "push like a hell" mode got me up to 5th by the end of lap 1. Got stuck behind the fight for 2nd place and was having a real Formula E fight for most of the race. A slight mistake from Allie right before the end put me up to fourth, and I got really lucky with things unfolding in the last corner and got 2nd by four hundredths.

Also champ lead yeee
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 20 Jan 2020, 16:28

Q: Got in the 1:03s which was about a second off my fastest lap, however I wasn't pushing too hard as I thought a slow lap was better than no lap :lol: .

R1: Ended up dead last after T1, due to the car park. I was in an unfortunate position and was unable to get away until the full track cleared. I never got into any rythm in the race, the missus came in and disracted me on lap 2, moaning about something and I hit the wall shortly after, bent the steering. Spent the rest of the race at 200kW to keep it controllable and managed to pull a couple of positions back and Finish 12/15.

R2: Was a bit out of sorts again for this race, nudged someone in the bum on T1, sorry about that. Never got any real pace going again and was way off what I was capable of. Managed 14/16 on this one. Finished both races which is a good sign and probably about where I expect to be in terms of the grid, I just know I had a bit more pace in me than what I showed. I was probably 1-2 seconds down a lap on each race. Still onwards on upwards :D
1x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 20 Jan 2020, 20:01

Q: Hit some TecPro on my outlap which bent the front left in, gave it everything regardless and it was enough for the front row once @fjordnet put in a slightly quicker lap. P2

R1: Good launch and demanded the inside line of the hairpin to lead whilst chaos ensued behind me. Pushed for two laps to build a lead then slowly let it close up as I was saving massively. @MrRandom287 spun which left me about seven seconds clear of @lazaros18. With my only worry being negotiating traffic a la VEC I could drive very economically. Did try to push for a few laps near the end to see if I could dislodge Matt's fastest lap and use the energy I saved but came up short by a few hundredths. P1!

R2: Conservative getaway and what I could only describe as late morning Hong Kong city traffic cruising up to T1. I unfortunately got clipped from behind which buried my car in the wall, made worse by others tagging me as they couldn't avoid me. Rear end was fucking destroyed but I had a great time chopping my way back up the order. The severe instability made consistent fast running impossible and after a few errors and accidentally cow-tipping @Westbeef as I chased down @camp_bell I was only able to get Craigth. But Lazzy won so it's all good! :D P9

Stewarding should be fun!

2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 20 Jan 2020, 21:54

TVR_Steve wrote:As a novice, I found that track and car combination very difficult, without adding in trying to manage where to position myself when being lapped.

I've been doing this for seven years and I thought last night was one of the most challenging car/track combinations I've ever done. The fact that we only had one retirement across both races (and even that wasn't from a crash) is a testament to how good a job everyone did last night.

Lester is a bit more open than the other tracks so hopefully you guys with a bit less experience will find it a little less intimidating. (though on the flipside it's probably going to be a nightmare for power saving)
2x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 21 Jan 2020, 00:24

All things considered I was plesantly surprised with this event. Went in with no expectations and even less pace, which lead to my worst Q position in Realish in 13th.

Got a decent launch for R1, but delayed by the crash ahead, then after set on after, picking people off place by place until ending P6 with no major errors. That didnt last long into R2, got a good launch again, was moving into the lead before getting podded into the Campbell incident, putting me back into 3rd where I stayed until my sat-nav told me to head straight on at turn 2. Rejoined in 10th, kept cool and faught back again, passing Bjorn in a pretty sweet move on the last lap to take 7th.

Kinda looking forward to the next race now I have some idea of how to drive the cars.

0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 23 Jan 2020, 20:44

Drivers Involved: @Mosaegir (#35), @lazaros18 (#14)
Event/Race: S30 R1 HKG Race 1
Timestamp: 80
Short Description: Allie runs into the back of Lazzy in T1 (who may be backing up because of the previous incident).
Verdict: WARNING for Allie Ferrie
Comment: Please brake earlier for turn 1.

Drivers Involved: @shaxberd (#10), @Boovolari (#71)
Timestamp: 80
Short Description: Pete Walker runs into the back of Bjorn.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Pete Walker
Comment: Please brake earlier for turn 1. Upgraded to a reprimand because Campbell was pushed out of the way and Pete left this incident ahead of Campbell.

Drivers Involved: @Mosaegir (#35), @camp_bell (#64)
Event/Race: S30 R1 HKG Race 2
Timestamp: 78
Short Description: Campbell outbrakes himself into Allie in T1.
Verdict: WARNING for Campbell Wallis
Comment:

Drivers Involved: @lazaros18 (#14), @MrRandom287 (#31)
Timestamp: 2330
Short Description: Matt hits Lazaros approaching T1.
Verdict: WARNING for Matthew Wheeler
Comment: Please be more careful in heavy braking zones.

Drivers Involved: @lazaros18 (#14), @MrRandom287 (#31)
Timestamp: 2492
Short Description: Matt goes for a lunge and makes significant contact with Lazaros
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: This incident is Matt's mistake, however Lazzy retains the position and there is very little of the race left. We collectively agreed this incident did not affect the rest of the race as only half a lap was left of the race afterwards. Please be more careful in the future.

ALSO as an aside, can we please be more careful in turn 1? Especially considering the next race starts with a chicane...

Unhappy with this verdict? You may appeal the decision by contacting the admin team: PM Alex | PM Björn
4x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017