• 09/08/2020 RRTCR4: Magnificent Park | 16/08/2020 MEARS: Istanbul | 30/08/2020 RRTCR4: Highspeed Ring

Formula Ree Pre-season Press Conference

S30 - rF2 - Formula Ree
camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Formula Ree Pre-season Press Conference

Postby camp_bell » 12 Jan 2020, 22:05

Hello Realish Racing fans! Chad Chumley-Bumworth here, live from the paddock in Hong Kong ahead of the first round of Formula Ree. I hope you all had a pleasant winter break; I personally went to Australia for a Christmas barbecue where, well, the less about that the better.

<Driver>, let's start with you. You're a <yes> time Realish Racing champion, it's your <yes>th season and you've won <yes> races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

We've had a few seasons of single seaters recently but this is the first time we've run electric cars in a full season. What has your experience with the car been like so far? How well do you think you will cope with power management?

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a slightly reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and <Team> will fare with this new order? How do you think you will get on against <Teammate>?

This is a properly global championship but all the tracks are completely new to Realish Racing competition. Have you had the chance to drive any of them? Any you're particularly looking forward to?

(Rookies only) Oh look, a new face! How are you looking forward to your first season?

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?/The only way is up, right? (delete as appropriate)

Finally, after all is said and done, who do you think will win the first ever all-electric Realish Racing championship?

PS at least some of your responses will go into the Season Preview on the website.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: Formula Ree Pre-season Press Conference

Postby KJP93 » 12 Jan 2020, 23:30

K-Dog, let's start with you. You're a seven time Realish Racing champion, it's your 14th season and you've won a hefty amount of races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

I tested the car for the first time tonight in the same conditions which we'll experience during the season. I crashed on my qualifying lap several times, I broke my car several times in the feature race eventually ending up with a rear right wheel missing and I was touched inappropriately by a wall in the sprint race which made me explode. This can only go well.

We've had a few seasons of single seaters recently but this is the first time we've run electric cars in a full season. What has your experience with the car been like so far? How well do you think you will cope with power management?

I actually really enjoyed how these cars work! Happy with the amount of learning I did in the shakedown event. Power management will be crucial for the feature race, as will avoiding all contact with dodgy barriers and not getting sent to heckin' Narnia as a result of said contact.

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a slightly reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and UEA will fare with this new order? How do you think you will get on against @lazaros18?

Same as always, but with 50% more ree.

This is a properly global championship but all the tracks are completely new to Realish Racing competition. Have you had the chance to drive any of them? Any you're particularly looking forward to?

I've not touched any official season tracks yet. Lester will be an interesting one since it's a fantasy circuit, and what Realish driver wouldn't enjoy the prospect of racing at a place called "Punta del Este"?

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?

I expect the same as CLASH for the most part: Be in positions to win feature races consistently, get sent to the shadow realm in the sprints, hope that I score enough points to offset said trips to said shadow realm to remain in the fight.

Finally, after all is said and done, who do you think will win the first ever all-electric Realish Racing championship?

Whomever has the most e's in their name.
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 13 Jan 2020, 21:32

I'm honestly just looking forward to racing with you guys. You're all brilliant <3
4x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 13 Jan 2020, 23:12

KJP93 wrote:Finally, after all is said and done, who do you think will win the first ever all-electric Realish Racing championship?

Is that me?
1x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 14 Jan 2020, 00:51

MrRandom287 wrote:
KJP93 wrote:Finally, after all is said and done, who do you think will win the first ever all-electric Realish Racing championship?

Is that me?

When your last name is Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeler, yes it is you
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 14 Jan 2020, 01:01

Chad Chumley-Bumworth wrote:Joshua, you're a nope-time Realish Racing champion, it's your tenth season and you've won like one race in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

Ten seasons will have been participated in after this! I'm approaching the 150 start mark too. I want to make every race this season, and also these cars are veeeery different to anything we've done before. So I have no idea how this will go.

Chad Chumley-Bumworth wrote:We've had a few seasons of single seaters recently but this is the first time we've run electric cars in a full season. What has your experience with the car been like so far? How well do you think you will cope with power management?

Historically, when I've liked the cars, I've done terribly, so this may be a good omen. These cars are banterous. But fun. Power management will likely be aided by advice from my new teammate.

Chad Chumley-Bumworth wrote:Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a slightly reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and Murasaki will fare with this new order? How do you think you will get on against Scott McSøvik?

Scott McSøvik had a title, ee ei ee ei oh. And with that title he had a team, ee ei ee ei oh.

And we were numbers 1 and 2, ee ee ee ee eeeeeeh.

Jokes aside Scott will absolutely :craigface: me this season. I'm just hoping to keep up somewhat. I don't know what drugs he was on when he signed me, but I want some. Purely for recreational purposes of course, totally not to sell abroad for massive profits.

Chad Chumley-Bumworth wrote:This is a properly global championship but all the tracks are completely new to Realish Racing competition. Have you had the chance to drive any of them? Any you're particularly looking forward to?

No, and all of them. They're all as mad as each other.

Chad Chumley-Bumworth wrote:What are your expectations for the season? The only way is up, right? (as appropriate)

Chad, go fuck yourself.

...Not be last, and do all/most/some of the races.

Chad Chumley-Bumworth wrote:Finally, after all is said and done, who do you think will win the first ever all-electric Realish Racing championship?

I... honestly don't know. I'm not sure if Scott is doing all the races this season. Kyran and Lazaros are obvious shoe-ins... but I'm going to be bold. Very bold. Based on pre-season pace, I shall be VERY bold.

James Lambert for Season 30 champion. You heard it here first.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 16 Jan 2020, 19:53

Lets get this over with then :)

Mike, let's start with you. You're a Multiple time Realish Racing champion, it's your <yes>th season and you've won <yes> races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

I'm not really thinking too much about this season. Originally I was pretty excited for the Formula E cars, but that love for them is gone already, potentially caused by other forces, but still, its gonna happen so I've just got to make the best of it.

My experience with the car so far has been very brief, so I have no idea about the power management as in the one test race I've done I got caught out by someone crashing infront of me and clipping their debris put me in the wall after only 3 laps, so everything will still be a mystery headed into round 1.

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a slightly reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and <Team> will fare with this new order? How do you think you will get on against <Teammate>?

Considering that Mike Bell's 2020 has yet to deliver more then a single 'decent' race I would say that regardless of my teammate, I need to get out of this current slump to be back to my typical 'Team Leader' staus. But Bjorn is, in fact, German. Conveniently so. Hopefully he can step it back up himself after a rough time in Clash and both of us can re-find our feets. As for the inter-team battle, i'm not so invested in trying to beat Bjorn as much as hoping we both get back on form.

I have no idea on any layouts being used, and I just hope that none of them are buggy messes like the test race was. If the tracks are decent quality I would say Marrakesh intrigues me if its the layout I'm thinking of in particular.

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?/The only way is up, right?

I would like to say aim for the championship as usual. Gotta try to do as well as you can. But since i'm already down to miss events owing to karting clashes then for sure the championship is well out of reach. As for a more reasonable goal, just to get out of this current slump I'm in, Formula Campbell yeilded me more DNF's then in my first 4 years here combined (and the only other one was from a track bug at HETM Donington) being possibly the lowlight of my Realish Career thus far from an on-track perspective.

Its the toughest season to call in the pre-season since all the way back in HBTM or Cruddycar. Since for every season since there has been a clear favourate, or at most 2, whereas there are more threats about now (and for the first time in ages more then 2 PC champions on the grid.) and a bunch of the traditionally mid to upper midfield guys stepping up, so, I'll go with my heart and say MattWheels for champ.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 17 Jan 2020, 01:26

Se...So...Scott, let's start with you. You're a 1 time Realish Racing champion, it's your 4th season and you've won 7 races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

Well, first of all, I am going into a season as a reigning champion for the first time so it's definitely not the normal feeling before the season, but I am definitely optimistic considering I really enjoy driving these cars. It's also exciting for me being able to run my own team after a year of driving for Fury, and as much as that was a fantastic team to drive with, I wanted to try something different before my forced exodus to the far east.

I feel like I can be quite efficient with the battery throughout the 40 minute feature races, and these cars do suit my driving style of carrying speed through corners. Generally I don't think I am very good in single seaters, but these are definitely an exception on my end as they feel like an oversized gokart more than a downforced bastard of a car.

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a slightly reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and Murasaki will fare with this new order? How do you think you will get on against Josh?

After going on a drug high, I signed Josh, however I do have the belief that he can definitely do something with the car. I do think I can get the most points out of us two though, and I plan to at least challenge for top 3 in the teams' in Murasaki's first season.

Lester is one that will be very interesting, as it is a much more spread out circuit than what is normal for a Formula E circuit, and I think efficiency will be paramount to getting a good result there. Hong Kong is going to be...interesting with that first corner, and Monaco is Monaco.

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you? (delete as appropriate)

Expecting to win a few races and hopefully finish in the top 3 in the standings. Not being able to race in the last two rounds is definitely going to hamper my chances in defending the title but I hope that I will be able to at least do a good job overall. As for teams, as long as my team mate doesn't pull a Jolyon Palmer points-wise I will be pleased with that.

I think we've got a very close top end now due to the characteristics of the car, and I think Matt, Mark, Kyran, Lazaros and James can definitely challenge for the title alongside myself, but I think I might go for a dark horse and say Matt. I want to say myself for egoegoego reasons, but that isn't realistic since I won't be able to complete the entire season.
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier