Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

CLASH Pre-season Press Conference

Postby Lin1876 » 05 Sep 2019, 22:52

Hello Realish Racing fans! This is Chad Chumley-Bumworth, live from the paddock at Autopolis ahead of the first round of CLASH. I thought I might not make it after that brush with instrumentality but thankfully I seem to have made it unschathed, though with a sudden unexplained craving for Tango...

<Driver>, let's start with you. You're a <yes> time Realish Racing champion, it's your <yes>th season and you've won <yes> races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

GT cars are familiar territory but it's a while since we've used them in a regular season with sprint races. How has your experience with the car so far been?

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and <Team> will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?

We're taking a whirlwind tour of South-East Asia with some familiar tracks and some... less so. Are there any you're particularly looking forward to? Are there any you're dreading.

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?/The only way is up, right? (delete as appropriate)

Finally, I have literal inches of money that I need to invest wisely gamble. Who should I put it on? No YOU have a problem!
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 3
Team: Unified Petroleum Autosports
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: CLASH Pre-season Press Conference

Postby KJP93 » 05 Sep 2019, 23:43

K-Dog, let's start with you. You're a SEVEN time Realish Racing champion, it's your 13th season and you've won yes races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

These cars look gorgeous, drive amazingly and emit sounds that make me figuratively spaff everywhere.

GT cars are familiar territory but it's a while since we've used them in a regular season with sprint races. How has your experience with the car so far been?

Lambo Nights was one of my favourite club cups, so I'm really glad we're taking these out for a slightly more serious run about!

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and Not ByCraig go fuck yourself will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?

Lazzy is pretty good, I'm pretty good and UPA are pretty good. I think it will go terribly.

We're taking a whirlwind tour of South-East Asia with some familiar tracks and some... less so. Are there any you're particularly looking forward to? Are there any you're dreading.

No Tsukuba?! This calendar is fucking shit!

What are your expectations for the season? The only way is up, right?

Well I unceremoniously sacked myself from ByCraig, which is a pretty big step up so I already feel like a champion.

Finally, I have literal inches of money that I need to invest wisely gamble. Who should I put it on? No YOU have a problem!

Put it on BoJo having the shortest tenure in history as UK Prime Minister. Or short the pound with European-registered investment companies. I've heard that's a good way to make bank... Mogg more like mugg, ha what an absolute cuntwaffle.
1x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 06 Sep 2019, 15:20

KJP93 wrote:...I've heard that's a good way to make bank... Mogg more like mugg, ha what an absolute cuntwaffle.

FIFY
2x
Have fun.

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 06 Sep 2019, 17:43

Pole with the weird accent, let's start with you. You're a I wish-times Realish Racing champion, it's your 5th season and you've won Maybe Soon Some races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?
I call these counts unfair because I can't brag about my single pole position. Apart from that, yay GTs! I like GTs.

Haven't clicked with the Lambos immediately, currently feeling like I got along better with S397 GT3 machinery. Need more laps and more setup know-how. But there's now weight and tyres of proper width involved, so exactly what I've been missing after the Caterhams :P

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and Kaibutsu will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?
Up until like a month ago I would've said we're dead equal performance-wise with @Lin1876. Campbell however seems to be on a streak of excellent form recently, while my racecraft went rusty among all the IRL stuff that weighed on my mind and had to be taken care of last month. Once both of us are up to speed I smell some disruption up front may just be possible.

I presume Singapore means Marina Bay (I mean, how many racetracks can you fit in a single city state?) - racing from a spectator point of view tends to be dull there, but I've always enjoyed its awkwardness in the F1 games. The rest - neutralresponse.mp4

What are your expectations for the season? The only way is up, right?
We've talked about talking me down before, Chad.
The first challenge to overcome is not on the track, actually - I'm still yet to figure out how to achieve a stable connection at the new place. Race starts happen to coincide with local cell tower peak loads, so LTE reliability goes to crap. Learnt that the hard way yesterday after attempting an GPVWC ITC start yesterday. I do have some ideas to work around this issue, and hopefully I can avoid a @tonyandmargaret -esque sabbatical caused by poor internet infrastructure. If that's sorted, I'm just happy to be back racing :)

Gamble on gambling rehab. Or having your face fixed. Either's fine for me.
2x

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Cosmo Seiki Japan
Wiki Page: Cosmo
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 07 Sep 2019, 00:13

E̸m̵o̶ ̴o̶f̶ ̶t̷h̵e̶ ̶y̴e̸a̵r̶, let's start with you. You're a no-time Realish Racing champion, it's your ninth season and you've won just the one race in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

These cars again. Yes. I like GT cars. R̴e̵m̷i̴n̶d̷s̵ ̷m̵e̶ ̶o̷f̴ ̴h̵o̵m̷e̵.̸

I was 3rd in the club cup with yes wins. This inevitably means that I will absolutely suck this season, since liking the cars and/or having previous success in them is always a bad sign for me.

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and T̴̝̒Ê̵̝A̸̪͂M̶͈̐ ̶̳͗B̴̘̓Ḙ̸͆N̸͈̔D̵̬͂Y̵̯̿ will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?

Niall is basically superhuman. H̷̻͒e̷̺̚ ̸̡͗w̷̛̰i̷͎̍ľ̸̹l̸̖͗ ̴͉̽s̷̺͗à̵͇v̶̡̒ē̵͕ ̷̉ͅů̴̧s̷̬̀ ̵͖̄a̵̙͊ļ̷̌l̷͉̾.̶̟̕ I'm not, and I might full well l̶o̶s̸e̷ ̶s̸t̸r̴u̸c̸t̷u̶r̸a̷l̷ ̸i̷n̷t̴e̴g̶r̸i̴t̷y̸ ̴a̸n̷d̴ ̴c̵o̴l̸l̴a̶p̵s̶e̶ ̵i̴n̷t̴o̴ ̶a̵ ̵p̵u̸d̸d̸l̷e̴ ̴o̶f̸ ̷i̵n̸k̶ by season's end, given my reliability record. Expect 45 to carry 2 and subtract 44 from itself.

What's a Philip and why does he have an island? Looks fast though. I like the look of it. Never driven Zheijang so I will probably get sent to B̵͇̏̚E̸̤͑͗N̵̡̰͛͘D̷͔̀Ŷ̶͖ ̸̝̯͊̃H̴̻̝̆E̴͈͆L̵͍̊L̸̻̱̽̋ there. Others I don't particularly like or dislike. Sugo I have some embarassing memories of. R̷̺̤̤͒͐̈́e̶̢̟̜͆l̴̨̩͊̄͠i̴̼̊́̅v̴͉̺̊̀͝i̵̢̞͛ͅn̵͙̆̽̀g̵̨͖̈́͆ ̷͈̠̍̾t̷̨̖́̊̄h̶̤͠ë̵̛͙́ ̸̤͓͙͗̉̽p̴̯̬̎ą̷̝̽s̴̭̝̽́t̴͔͚̝̉ ̶̺̇̈d̸͖̥́͐̅ȯ̶͓̉e̵͉͉͂s̵͓̭̀͝ ̸̤̙͒ṇ̴̬̐ǒ̴̡̰̕t̵̳̩̖̂͘ ̸̩̆c̵͓̼̈́͝h̴̞͛̏̆a̴͈̬̾͊͑n̸̪̙̜͊̒g̴̖̒ḛ̵̜̀ ̸̝́̌ì̴͔̂ț̷͔͈̽.̴̗̻̼̿̚]

What are your expectations for the season? The only way is up, right? (delete )

Turn up to every race. No, seriously. Also maybe sneak in a surprise result or four. W̷̛̭̯͗͂i̵̼̒̈̈́ṇ̶̖̖͇͆ ̴̧͖̤̆̇̇̈́t̶̟̋ḧ̵̡͚̌̆͘e̴̬̐͋̐̔ ̸̣͋̚ç̸̭̲͇̎͝h̴̢̞͖͆á̸̮͗̏ṃ̵̡͗ṕ̸̥͗͛i̸̮͓̣̰̎o̵͂͜n̶̻̩̩͖͛s̶̻̿̂̊̊h̶͖̟̱͇̍̽ỉ̶̘̬̥p̷̟̹̹̋.̴̜͖̕ W̵̢̹͓͇͚̤̞̤̩̝̳̙̽́̈́̓̆͝h̶̡͚͈̘̱̐̔̐̐̋̒́̎̒̒̈́̕ọ̷͇͇̯́͑'̶̢̧̘̱̥̺̻͍̻̜̊̋̉̽͊͊̾̏̆̍̓̈͝͝s̶̨͕̟̝̣̼̹͇̞̮̖̱͖̥̾ ̶̛͔̩͇̤̪̠̗̬̆̿̐̆̆ĺ̸̡̨̙̪͈̮̻̙͓̳̔̓̐̏͒̚͜ͅą̷̖̦̜̜̬̿̈̅̌͗̈̀̈́́ư̸̩͈͙̭͙͔̱̤͈͇̋͗͆͠g̴̛̛̲͚̥̓̈́̄͋̔̄h̵͔̙͈͈̭͉͠ḭ̷̡̣͉̱͙̥̞̥͇̖̳̓̉̒̽͛͗͑͜͝͝n̵̢̛̰̤͙͖̓̾̃́̐͌̀͋̃͒͘ͅģ̵͉̰̩̗̮̞̭̝̬̊̌̃̊̾̆̾̔͒̾͑͘ ̸̛͕̙͊́̒̎̓͋n̵̨̠̖̗̺̯͖̣̮̬͉̭̆̓͛̂͐͆̚͝ò̷̧̮̰͙̓͐w̷̻̝͉̠̪̩̞͆͌͋̑̍͂̾?̸̧̖̼̪̩̜̙̠̺͕̙͗͑́̍̈́̓͛̈͊̒̐

Finally, I have literal inches of money that I need to invest wisely gamble. Who should I put it on?

D̵͚̑O̴̪͚͛͗̀͂W̷̺̟̱̬͝N̵̟̖̝̫̋̅̈́̿́ ̸̡̍̊̚Ḩ̵̬̫̋̀̑̅̕͜E̷͔͌̔R̸̭̝̜̐̋E̸̝̹̱̺͔̅͐̌̐ ̷͎͍̗̝̂̋̍̂͠W̴̥̬͌E̷̳̩̣̜͂̈͗'̷͚̮̠̬͈͑R̸͍̍͑̾̂̌E̴̥͕̰̟̒̒̐͋̓ ̷̞͓̠̠͌̃̐A̸͓̰̖͑̓Ḻ̶̡̡́̿̏͗͋͜L̴̡̬͈̾̅ ̸͇̽S̴͎̐I̸̹̋N̵̘̼̙̺͉̈́̔N̴͈̰̿̒̚E̴̛͍͛̈̊̋R̸͎̣͎̠̀̈̓S̴͋͗ͅ.̵̬͇̻̥̿͒͜͠

W̵̧̫̯̭̥͋͜h̷̛̪̗̭͎̳̑̉͗̕̚o̸͇̻͓̥̖͇̍̀͆̀̏ ̶̮͒̋͊a̶̛̞͛̌̕m̷̡̍̊͆ ̵̡͓͇͑̍͛̕I̸̘̲̫̮̜̜̒͒̽͝?̴̧͒̈́̐͛̽͗ ̴̨͓̥͆̆́͌͂W̸̧͓̫͗h̴̡̙͕̑͂̀͠ä̵͔́̽̑t̶͔̟͖̫͓̍͗̐͐̎ ̸̧̤̘̱͂̃͝ã̴͙̼͇̊̃͝m̶̨̥̥̋̕͜ ̶̡̢̢̨̮̘̔̎̓̾̕͝I̷̙̘̦͗?̴̱̬̃̓̉͜

I̷̛̩̤̔̓͛̍̓ ̵̢̬͖̠͎̩̔w̵̤͉̯̫͚̪͉̖̽͜ȍ̷͎͍̬̓̈́̏͘̕͝n̶̢̡̢̜͓͕̳̲̜̘̟̐̅̇̓͠'̴̨̩͚͗̀̑̈̕̚t̴͈̯͕̝͛͛͌͒̆̚ ̵͍̽̎͌͐̾́͛ẘ̵̠̮͓̹̘̦̥̇͗͌͗̅͑̋̔̋â̴̤ṇ̵̡͓̣̈́̄̂͗̓́̄̈̈́̐ͅt̷͔͖͛̄́̍̕͝ ̶̥̖̳̏̇͌ţ̶̡̢̹̞̣̞͙̉̇̉̿̇̄͘̚o̶̡͚̜̘͇̰̟̹͈̙̅̀̓́̂͌̉͝͠͝͝ ̴̨̧̩̠̼̳̫̮̩͉̲̅̈́̂̀̏̈́̒̋̔̅̀͝w̸̰͙͇̜̓̓͊̊̈̂͠ͅơ̶̹̬͓̞͇͈̪̱̮͔͔͂̂̓̾̍͠ṛ̸̨̣̲̹̻̘͎̤̞̽̅͐͛̔̔͑͛͋͐͜k̸̡̛̲̥̗̺̹̰̫̀́́̌̈́̉̓̕͝͝ ̸̧̧͍̩̹͖͓̹̹̭̀͌̕ḩ̷̞͕̗͚̤͍̞̩̭͎̗͌͐͑̊̕ẻ̵̹̝̙͕̭̯̓͗͘r̵̛̳̖̦̜̪ę̶̨͈̣̗̪̮̖̥̪̀̈̿͒̓͂̿̄͌̕ ̷͇̬̹̝͓͕̦̍̈́̃̑̈́̓̚͝ͅą̷̟̱͍̜͖̗̻̙̺͐̀̐̅͋̋̔̃͜͜n̵̘̳̩̝̻̤̹̬̳̖̲̼͊̈̂̇y̷̛̜͍̅͐̃̿̃͗͝͝͝ḿ̴̪̹͕̟̱̌͛̏̚ö̶̖͈̰̟̮́͗͑̈̃̅̅̀͘͝r̶̭̋e̷͍̯̩͔͈̹̱̜͊̒̈́̋͛͘͜-̴̖̝͕͉̥̠͎̫̙̞͑̐̎́́̓̈́̿̔̆

Kyran... probably... but I hope for Niall...
0x
"How can I not be morally fifth, but Björn can be conveniently German?"

- Joshua Anderson, 28/4/19

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 07 Sep 2019, 14:03

Inappropriate nationality-to-accent man, let's start with you. You're a ha ha ha nope time Realish Racing champion, it's your 3th season and you've won <yes> races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?
I want to replicate my first season at Realish by making most rounds, being consistent and hopefully winning enough races to get into the top 3 again. Hopefully both of us can get Fury up to a respectable position as well in the teams' standings. Also let me win in Japan pls

Car handles like a car with 4 wheels and some downforce. I wasn't here for the club cup unfortunately, but they generally drive nice and hopefully can produce some good racing. Didn't do too badly last time we raced these cars in a club cup though...

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and <Team> will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?
I hope myself and <teammate> will do well for <team> this season, and we'll hopefully be able to finish with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Looking forward to Sugo definitely. Zhejiang looks exciting but I have no idea how that track is going to be, where as Singapore could be a hell naw kind of track depending on what happens. Disappointed at the lack of Inje Speediums.

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?/The only way is up, right? (delete as inappropriate)
I think I can get that top 3 again after missing most of CATS, but only time will tell. As for th

Chal Lelerc
0x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Lin1876
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby Lin1876 » 07 Sep 2019, 15:27

Camp Bell, let's start with you. You're a zero time Realish Racing champion, it's your I don't even know any moreth season and you've won two(!) races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

I'm really looking forward to it. The car is a known entity and we know it produces close, hard racing and we have an interesting calendar.

Much as I like the long races, GT cars race really well together and I think the shorter races will suit the Lambos well. I'm expecting some frantic races!

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and Kaibutsu Racing will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?

Firstly, I'm very pleased to have signed a former ByCraig driver. I think I'm pretty much equal with @artanonim on pace but I think my experience was the difference when we met each other in CATS. That said, I fully expect Art to give me a real run for my money and hopefully we'll manage to get some good points for the team's championship.

Well as an admin I should defend our track choice, and I will. I rate all of these tracks, even Korea, and I think the variety will produce some suprising results. Plus we're going to Sugo, which is always a bonus.

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?

I'm glad I managed to follow up my first real win quickly with another one, that was quite a confidence boost. While I won't pretend to be on the same level as the really fast guys, I'm going to aim for a couple of podiums and maybe a win this season. If I can challenge for the top 5 in the championship that would be a bonus.

I think @KJP93 and UPA will be hard to beat in these cars, though I've been wrong before.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 07 Sep 2019, 23:09

Matthew Wheeler, let's start with you. You're a 0 time Realish Racing champion, it's your 8th? season and you've won 0 (non-SE) races in your time here. What are your thoughts going into the new season?

Well, it's quite a bit of a change for me, considering I missed out last season and am coming in with a brand new team.

After the shakedown, there does feel like there is a minor issue with my car. We will work on it leading up to the first round and hopefully cure it.

Between sacking, hirings and other moves, we've got a bit of a reshuffled grid this season. How do you think you and Random Racing will fare with this new order? How do you think you'll fare against your team mate?

I have no idea, to be honest. As we are a new team, Random Racing aren't going to aim for the championship.

Despite it being the only Australian track (And my sponsor), I'm really not looking forward to Phillip island. I've never really performed well there in my racing history but hopefully that will change this season

What are your expectations for the season? Got a lot to live up to, don't you?/The only way is up, right? (delete as appropriate)

A couple of podiums throughout the season would be our target, I'd say.

UPA.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR