• 16/02/2020 FRee IV: Monaco | 23/02/2020 FRee V: Marrakesh | 01/03/2020 GEARS I: Bathurst

New Website

Welcome to Realish Racing! If you're new, head here first, introduce yourself, and have a read of the forum and club rules. If you're not new, come here anyway to keep up with the latest news and members.
camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

New Website

Postby camp_bell » 19 Aug 2019, 18:35

Thanks to the new website, it's now possible to have actual race reports! Here's the first one, reporting @Mike Bell's triumph last night.

The plan is for a report to be published on the Monday evening after an official race/event and I'm looking your help! Whether you want a quote in a race report, if you've taken pretty pictures from a race or if you have any suggestions for future reports, put them here or send me a PM and I'll try to include them in future reports.
4x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Re: RealishRacing.com

Postby camp_bell » 06 Sep 2019, 22:07

As a longstanding member and history nerd, I've put together a retrospective of our last regular non-GEARS season of GT racing. I plan to make this a series of Realish History articles so feedback is welcome.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Re: New Website

Postby artanonim » 10 Sep 2019, 18:22

Idea - have some quasi-post-race interviews with podium finishers by asking them to write a couple of official sentences about their races for the recap articles.

Or better, do actual post-race interviews if recording and writing them down them isn’t an issue.
2x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 14 Oct 2019, 21:53

artanonim wrote:Idea - have some quasi-post-race interviews with podium finishers by asking them to write a couple of official sentences about their races for the recap articles.

Good idea, let's make it work!

In the Philip Island race report, I've included brief quotes from some of the main protagonists who (thankfully) wrote fairly short post-race comments.

Going forward, if you'd like your comments to be featured in the race report, I'd really appreciate if you could write a couple of sentences summing up your evening (even as a TL;DR in your main post), especially if you were fighting at the sharp end and/or had a really exciting evening and/or caused a massive crash you want to brag about/atone for. Probably best if you put them in the forum thread or alternatively DM me as shit tends to get buried in the main Discord channel.

Thanks for your help!
3x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 18 Nov 2019, 22:06

As some of you have rightly pointed out, the race reports have fallen behind a bit lately. This is thanks to a combination of shitty planning on my part and me being busier than I expected, so apologies for that.

A few updates
  • The Sugo race report is up (a mere 2 weeks late). Zhuhai and Singapore reports should appear on schedule after those races.
  • Since GEARS reports are now two events behind, I've taken an executive decision that there will not be a report for the Watkins Glen round onwards. There will however be an end of season review which will go up shortly after the final round at Spa next month.
  • There will also be an end of season review for CATS. The exact form for these end of season reviews is still TBD so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to message me.
  • There probably won't be a dedicated Crashmas report as there's no live timing or proper replays for Wreckfest (which makes any meaningful reports almost impossible). Also I don't think enough of us will be in any proper state to remember the races.
  • Finally, there will be another Realish History article before the end of the year, details TBA.

As ever, if anyone has any ideas or wants to contribute to Realish Media (remember we also have our mostly dormant YouTube channel and Podcast if anyone is interested), feel free to let me know.
3x