• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

[AMS] Special Event 70 - Bon Anniversaire! Huit

Special Events
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

[AMS] Special Event 70 - Bon Anniversaire! Huit

Postby shaxberd » 13 Jun 2019, 19:40

Welcome to the 8th annual Bon Anniversaire event!

The event will be held on Sunday, 23rd June 2019, with the following format and session start times:
Practice - 1 hour beginning at 17:00 BST.
Qualifying - 50 minutes beginning at 18:00 BST.
Warmup - 10 minutes beginning at 18:50 BST.
Bon Anniversaire! Huit - 144 minutes in length with a rolling start, beginning at approximately 19:00 BST and featuring a full 24h cycle.

The Track

...and back to La Sarthe it is, right? Naaaah, not quite yet it isn't! After going full Nords last year, it's time to jump over the pond and pay hommage to yet another one of the greats of 24h endurance racing - it's Daytooooonaaaaa!

The Cars

To allow for some proper machinery fitting the event, and to prevent both a complicated multi-mod setup and a potentially empty lower class (if only due to the top class popularity), this will be a single-class Bon Anni for a change, but what a class it is: Welcome the DPi prototype class to Realish Racing! You'll be choosing from two available cars, with both the Mazda RT24-P and the Cadillac DPi-VR available to race in.

The Liveries

Livery Deadline: Friday, 21st June

As usual, templates are provided on the FTP - numberboxes use the Exo 2 font, and logos on the cars are not to be changed. The templates features base liveries from their real-life counterparts in case you're struggling to come up with a design. Teammates will have to drive the same car, while there isn't a limit on teammates :)

Other than that, please keep your sponsors within the usual guidelines.
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Cosmo Seiki Japan
Twitter: c0s_mo

Re: [AMS] Special Event 70 - Bon Anniversaire! Huit

Postby cosmo » 13 Jun 2019, 19:42

ULTIMATE COSMO MAZDA TRIBUTE GO

also jesus h.christ on a tricycle I did NOT expect this
0x
"How can I not be morally fifth, but Björn can be conveniently German?"

- Joshua Anderson, 28/4/19

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby cosmo » 13 Jun 2019, 20:51

Sitrep: I've uploaded versions of Bjorn's templates to the FTP but these have ambient occlusion layers for extra niceness.

Also not to sound like a pedantic twerp who cares about the unimportant things but the pitching of the sounds for these cars (especially the Mazda) could be better so I'm improving that too.

EDIT: Done.
Last edited by cosmo on 13 Jun 2019, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
0x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 3
Team: Unified Petroleum Autosports
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 13 Jun 2019, 21:00

1x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

sin_racing
Name: Mark Singleton
Car No: 36
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: sin_racing
Twitter: markrsingleton

Postby sin_racing » 13 Jun 2019, 21:01

I'm very much a maybe... Got a small amount of driving already in the plan for that weekend
2x

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby cosmo » 13 Jun 2019, 21:05

KJP93 wrote:

If someone doesn't do this for their livery I will be dissapointed
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 14 Jun 2019, 14:23

cosmo wrote:If someone doesn't do this for their livery I will be dissapointed

You all had an entire NASCAR season for that.
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 15 Jun 2019, 08:26

sin_racing wrote:I'm very much a maybe... Got a small amount of driving already in the plan for that weekend

I’m a definite no for the same reason, 6 hours of karting plus 6 hours of actual driving will be enough for one weekend lol
0x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 16 Jun 2019, 15:30

Probably going to run the Caddy, so anyone wanting to drift drive that should come talk to me! :D

(You saw nothingggg)
Last edited by KJP93 on 20 Jun 2019, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 18 Jun 2019, 05:14

So I'll just echo what @cosmo asked in Discord - since the DPi class cars do feature traction control, will it be enabled on the server / modded into the cars?
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 18 Jun 2019, 17:11

artanonim wrote:So I'll just echo what @cosmo asked in Discord - since the DPi class cars do feature traction control, will it be enabled on the server / modded into the cars?

I feel like there's probably a fair amount dialed in via overall grip etc. - with that being said though, TC (low) is now enabled/available on the server via the difficulty settings as well.

However, this is not to be regarded as a precedent that we'll always enable aids if they're available in real life counterparts. This particularly applies to mods/content we feel has adequate handling realized via other means.
4x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

sin_racing
Name: Mark Singleton
Car No: 36
Steam ID: sin_racing
Twitter: markrsingleton

Postby sin_racing » 19 Jun 2019, 21:23

3x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 20 Jun 2019, 16:09

NH Deli > Jumbo. Don't @ me.

Happy to have a teammate or two as well, if sticking it to Frits van Eerd with glorious V8 power tickles your fancy! c:
1x

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby cosmo » 20 Jun 2019, 23:18

Team DRS.

1x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 21 Jun 2019, 00:06

Something I want to point out: the Caddy redlines pretty hard around here even with the gearing maxed out. I'm unsure how much that'd affect the engine life but it surely can't be good for it. Probably isn't good for fuel usage either, especially taking into consideration the smaller tank size we've got. Mazda is fine, those ratios can be adjusted to avoid smashing off the limiter. Any chance of some sort of sixth gear bodge that can be looked into?
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 21 Jun 2019, 08:49

KJP93 wrote:Something I want to point out: the Caddy redlines pretty hard around here even with the gearing maxed out. I'm unsure how much that'd affect the engine life but it surely can't be good for it. Probably isn't good for fuel usage either, especially taking into consideration the smaller tank size we've got. Mazda is fine, those ratios can be adjusted to avoid smashing off the limiter. Any chance of some sort of sixth gear bodge that can be looked into?

I'll need to look into how to do that again, but should be possible, yeah.
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 21 Jun 2019, 18:17

Update track version on the FTP now: Let there be (more) light!
2x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 21 Jun 2019, 19:49

Car! If anyone needs/wants a Caddy drive, let me know :)

3x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 22 Jun 2019, 15:25

3x
Have fun.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 22 Jun 2019, 23:01

Livery pack's on the FTP now: /Automobilista/Skins/Packs/BA8_LiveryPack.7z

It also contains a gearbox ratio adjustment for the Caddy to prevent redlining, so make sure to accept the one overwrite unpacking will request :)
2x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 23 Jun 2019, 19:24

Went into this with no practice and not feeling 100%. Did not expect to finish at all.

Quali: closer to the pace than I expected. Thanks to @sin_racing for the setup. P12.

Race: just kept it easy through the race. Had some stupid moments on my own. Hit the wall a few times. Had zero confidence in the dark. Purposely ran wide when @lemming77 came to lap me. Crashed. Lost both wheels. Oops. DNF.
1x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 23 Jun 2019, 19:31

That was predictably disastrous, considering I had no practice and how tricky the cars were to drive. I had an excellent battle with @artanonim and @Chris Williamson in the early stages which was really good fun. A couple of crashes afterwards though left me with a terrifying car through turn 4 and it eventually killed me into the wall at about 1/3 distance.

Anyway, since I didn't get a chance before, have a retrospective livery reveal!

1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 23 Jun 2019, 20:21

- never got along with the car, had to go very conservative, snail-grade setup to keep the car under control
- went for a desperate no tyre change, hard-only strategy which I failed to even remotely execute with multiple spins and contacts with barriers
- as damage kept piling on and I kept going even more desperate with reducing rear aero to at least recover a bit of straight line speed the car went beyond driveability, at which point I was dead last among the still running. With no real purpose or enjoyment to keep racing I just retired.

Not a particularly enjoyable evening, that's all.
0x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 23 Jun 2019, 20:47

Was in position to take the win, then binned it trying to stop the cramp from hurting, sadness.

But it did give me and Matt a chance to have an amazing battle for 2nd, which was a lot of fun :) .
1x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 23 Jun 2019, 20:48

Some early scraps, but not too much action really - settled in at about @sin_racing's pace at some point but we were too far apart to actually battle, plus I had to go for a splash and dash at the end (and Mark unfortunately had DNF'd by then), so hotlapping it was.
Opted for a double-stint on mediums, then some softs for the cold night, then was gonna go for another set of mediums - however, the softs worked really well and fooled me into double-stinting them for the final bits, especially given the final stint was going to be really short. I didn't account for the temperature increase though, although it didn't make a difference in the end :)
Still got some enjoyable driving out of it, thanks for racing, and congrats @KJP93, @MrRandom287 & @Mike Bell!
1x