• 01/03/2020 GEARS I: Bathurst | 08/03/2020 FRee VI: Berlin | 22/03/2020 GEARS II: Mosport

Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion about anything related to Sony's Gran Turismo series
craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Gran Turismo Sport

Postby craighypheno » 28 Oct 2015, 08:04

So the next game in the Gran Turismo series has been announced.

Not only is this hinting towards the very swift death of GT6, but a lot of things which were announced such as the FIA Online Championship will appear to be on this new game, open for public beta in spring for those with a PS4.

One interesting thing however is that apparently this FIA Championship (split into a Nations' Cup and a Manufacturers' Cup) will supposedly be streamed live. So it looks like e-motorsport could be getting a really notable name on board.

Ultimately I have approximately an infinitesimally small interest in buying a PS4 (and an even smaller interest in buying an XBone) but it will be interesting to see how this goes, and whether this is nothing more than a GT7 Prologue.
1x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

Re: Gran Turismo Sport

Postby PJTierney » 28 Oct 2015, 08:34

craighypheno wrote:
Not only is this hinting towards the very swift death of GT6

The game's been supported for 2 years; given that most games only get a month or two of post-release support (Forza gets a year) I'd say it had a good run.

I like the concept of this new title, but it's too early for me to be thinking about a PS4. I just hope they don't port over PS2 era cars (again).
1x

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 28 Oct 2015, 08:48

If I remember right, all support for GT5 was taken down very shortly after GT6 was released.

I am sure that now the course maker is out, they're already thinking ahead to what will be the final update. However I am sure that there will be a few VGT cars (and some real cars if rumours are to be believed) chucked in before it is finished for good.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 28 Oct 2015, 09:10

How long can PD keep polishing the same turd? I got all excited at the Blower Bentleys and Porsche 917s in the intro before swiftly realising none of those will actually be in the game. The FIA partnership is the only thing that's remotely interesting, but it will likely be completely useless to anyone who isn't at GT Academy levels of skill.

I'll still probably buy it.
1x

PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

Postby PJTierney » 28 Oct 2015, 10:02

Trailer for those that didn't hit the link:

The PS4 needs a Gran Turismo title, and given how well Forza Motorsport 6 has done in terms of content quality/quantity Polyphony really need to up their game. Gran Turismo 6 was fun and had good Multiplayer tools but there were still some fundamental flaws with the game.
1x

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Postby Icthyes » 28 Oct 2015, 10:40

As long as they update the graphics so it doesn't look like a stationary car on a green screen, dial down the tyre squeal, up the engine noise, give some impression of weight whilst cornering, make purchasing cars easier or at least allow a proper test drive first, do away with needing a Maths A-level to work out how to make a 12-hour race that has variable weather and remove the AI rubber banding then yeh, I might be interested.
4x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 28 Oct 2015, 10:57

Gran Turismo badly needs a reboot to cut through the 15 years of clutter that have built up since GT3. This might be that reboot, but I'm not holding my breath.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 28 Oct 2015, 15:17

craighypheno wrote: and whether this is nothing more than a GT7 Prologue.
It will be. Even worse, it'll be the prologue to GT7 prologue, like the GT Concept game was to GT... 4?

PJTierney wrote:The game's been supported for 2 years
I'd say that the game has been worked on over the past 2 years, not 'supported'. It certainly wasn't finished and feature laden when it was released.
2x
Have fun.