• 15/12/2019 GEARS VIII: Spa | 20/12/2019 SE: Crashmas

Mugello: Post Race Discussion

All discussion regarding the second season of Really Rubbish Racing - The RRR Touring Car Championship
Butler_F1
Team: The INDYPENDABLES

Re: Mugello: Post Race Discussion

Postby Butler_F1 » 07 Oct 2011, 11:41

Just noticed i said im going to post a link with a video of the start, and didnt post the video, fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKKhkMOzfA
0x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 07 Oct 2011, 11:46

Haha nice! That's surely gotta be up there with some of the Lucky Rumbly vids!
0x

tomcheesey
Original 8
Team: CheeseyRug Racing

Postby tomcheesey » 07 Oct 2011, 12:01

Not a bad couple of races, although I would have liked to have finished higher in the first but I think due to the fact I couldn't see the Seats, Lee and I had a mare on the main straight!

The second race was really enjoyable constantly shifting for position with Alex, even though it did cost us a fair amount of time. Lag free from both of us which was always nice haha! Congrats to Dan Thorn on winning the Independents, and Flavoury and Shouty on the wins. And Smifaye for his raw pace it seems!

And I'm proud we can take away our fastest lap lockout Flavoury. Every race we've done together that has happened now! :D
0x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 07 Oct 2011, 12:44

Right, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8JJapy46Yo

The main incidents in the sprint race are on lap 1 and lap 4. Both replays are on my storefront if anyone wants to check them out from other angles, or other incidents I may have missed.
0x

RumblyLizard
Original 8
Team: Black Raptors
Twitter: sglwhite

Postby RumblyLizard » 07 Oct 2011, 13:12

ajokay wrote: Probably Rumbly's worst race for a long time, it has to be said.

In terms of result - yes. In terms of race, I disagree.

I was behind mr e on the first lap going into the fast left hander then into the various fast rights. Mr E was painfully slow there (I apologise Ian, but you really were!) and I took avoiding action. My car bottomed out on the kerb and I speared off to the left and crashed my car into the wall. I was last and a good 10 seconds behind the person in 7th by the end of the first lap.

Given that, I was racing pete for most of the race by setting a series of pretty good laps to get back into contention. In terms of the result - Pete and I had a coming together on the last lap resulting in me barrel rolling my car various times and damaging the transmission/engine. I think Pete was right in giving me the place, but I didn't take it as I had thought it was a racing incident/a bit of a game bug. The result should stand though as Pete offered me the place but I politely declined at the time.

When you consider those 2 huge incidents that lost me at least 20 seconds, I think to be 30 seconds off the lead wasn't bad at all!

Furthermore I'd only had about 5 laps on the track before the race. I'm hoping that once I get myself a flat sorted i'll be able to compete at the level I was at before - until then, congrats Barney on what will be a very well deserved championship.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 07 Oct 2011, 18:13

DanThorn wrote:Right, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8JJapy46Yo

The main incidents in the sprint race are on lap 1 and lap 4. Both replays are on my storefront if anyone wants to check them out from other angles, or other incidents I may have missed.

I think everyone just needs to calm down a bit. Be aware of everyone around you, If you spin off, try to stay off of the track or at least the racing line if you're going to end up sideways, and rejoin carefully and gradually (like Dan did with that last one. I know it was onto the racing line, but there's nout else he could have done, you need to rejoin somewhere). Try not to lunge from a mile behind into a gap that's probably going to close, especially if the guy in front hasn't seen you or thinks you're too far behind to try anything.
0x
Have fun.

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Postby Icthyes » 07 Oct 2011, 20:33

Sorry about the first one Dan, I always brake for that corner, the car wouldn't make it otherwise, Umack got by me in the Feature Race that way.

Also sorry to Butler for that last corner incident, that's just my racing line, I would have pulled out of it but I didn't see you until it was too late.

My race replays are on my storefront, they're called Forza7 and Forza9 I think.

I don't want any penalties, I just think some stuff needed to be brought to light and clarified for acceptability, etc.
0x

Butler_F1

Postby Butler_F1 » 07 Oct 2011, 21:26

Dont worry about it, i think we both take different lines and theres a point where they cross.

I usually keep it quite tight on entry then run it wide on the exit and it looks you go wide on entry and take a tighter exit out of it and we both wanted the same piece of track where the lines crossed! I wouldnt blame you, probably more of a racing incident.
0x

SHOUTY
Original 8
Name: Jamie Hunt
Car No: 16
Team: Concordskii Motorфлот
Steam ID: Shoutyskii
Twitter: @Shoutyskii #BeatPJ

Postby SHOUTY » 07 Oct 2011, 21:42

Aj's livery was awesome, we need a photo!
0x
Copying other people since 1995

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 07 Oct 2011, 22:44

Sodamn Insane 6 wrote:Aj's livery was awesome, we need a photo!
I've put a couple up on my storefront if you wish to have a gander.
0x
Have fun.

FlavouryRug
Original 8
Team: 1FR / Jayvoury
Twitter: BarnabyDove

Postby FlavouryRug » 08 Oct 2011, 00:24

tomcheesey wrote:And I'm proud we can take away our fastest lap lockout Flavoury. Every race we've done together that has happened now! :D

Damn right!

RumblyLizard wrote:I'm hoping that once I get myself a flat sorted i'll be able to compete at the level I was at before - until then, congrats Barney on what will be a very well deserved championship.

It's not over until it's over but if it is then it has been a great season long battle with yee!
0x

TommyWTF1
Original 8
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1

Postby TommyWTF1 » 14 Oct 2011, 21:00

I couldn't make it. But I can bring you this from a practice race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn1UJnco83s
0x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 15 Oct 2011, 11:22

Haha nice! You need to marry it to this commentary though! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YRLrNpUT0
0x

Butler_F1

Postby Butler_F1 » 16 Oct 2011, 09:02

Make that happen now! Its like a, 30second edit! Do it!
0x