• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

No Man's Sky

Non-racing video game related chat.
DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Re: No Man's Sky

Postby DanThorn » 17 Aug 2016, 08:11

This is brilliant:

0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 12 Aug 2017, 13:18

So one year after the disastrous lies.. err.. launch, that's the word, there's a massive update which seems to bring features that should've been there and/or were promised from the start, and then some? It's also on sale across all the main shops, which brings it down to a more reasonable price as well - even more so for the UK, 16 squiggly Ls right now (24€ over here, might need to find a VPN).
At this (price) point, I think I'm gonna go for it, worst case scenario is a space ETS2 relax/timesink game.

• 30 hours of branching story and deeper lore
  • Procedurally generated guild missions
  • Much deeper interstellar trading
  • Star Systems have varying wealth, conflict and economies
  • Overhauled Space combat controls, weapons and AI
  • Portal stargates enable quick travel
  • Terrain manipulation for more complex bases
  • New farming and mining interactions bring increased depth
  • Increased biome variety and Rare exotic biomes
  • Analysis visor & discovery improvements
  • Galaxy map and many other UI improvements
  • New S Class ship designs
  • Low altitude flight and the ability to crash your ship
  • Crashed Freighters to salvage on planets
  • Joint exploration

Full patch notes available here with more details (e.g. the joint exploration isn't full on multiplayer (yet?), but you can explore stuff together, visualised by orbs, or something).

2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 13 Aug 2017, 06:55

It's good that they've managed to salvage something that resembles a functional video game out of it, and that they actually bothered to try and bring it together after the mess it was on launch day rather than abandon it. But I feel like if I buy it now I'm just positively reinforcing the "ship a broken game with none of the promised features for full price and patch it later" strategy. I don't think there is a way for me to see past that anymore.
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

Mcgregor

Postby Mcgregor » 20 Oct 2017, 09:14

How's the game after the big update? I'd like to get back into it but only if it was significantly improved.
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 17 Jul 2018, 17:11

Big update coming in next week, sounds like it's making the game what it should've been from the start :)
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Pharad
Name: Pharad Jhin

Postby Pharad » 24 Apr 2019, 06:25

I feel like https://www.improtomotinggreymarketsitesandamverysneakyaboutit.com/blog/no-mans-sky-redemption-story/ is a must read for anyone that was initially interested but did not buy because of the first reviews. The game is great now.
0x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 24 Apr 2019, 10:57

Pharad wrote:I feel like https://www.improtomotinggreymarketsitesandamverysneakyaboutit.com/blog/no-mans-sky-redemption-story/ is a must read for anyone that was initially interested but did not buy because of the first reviews. The game is great now.

How much are they paying you?
2x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 24 Apr 2019, 11:09

lemming77 wrote:
Pharad wrote:I feel like https://www.improtomotinggreymarketsitesandamverysneakyaboutit.com/blog/no-mans-sky-redemption-story/ is a must read for anyone that was initially interested but did not buy because of the first reviews. The game is great now.

How much are they paying you?

@fjordnet
6x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell