So one year after the disastrous lies.. err.. launch, that's the word, there's a massive update which seems to bring features that should've been there and/or were promised from the start, and then some? It's also on sale across all the main shops
, which brings it down to a more reasonable price as well - even more so for the UK, 16 squiggly Ls right now (24€ over here, might need to find a VPN).
At this (price) point, I think I'm gonna go for it, worst case scenario is a space ETS2 relax/timesink game.
- 30 hours of branching story and deeper lore
- Procedurally generated guild missions
- Much deeper interstellar trading
- Star Systems have varying wealth, conflict and economies
- Overhauled Space combat controls, weapons and AI
- Portal stargates enable quick travel
- Terrain manipulation for more complex bases
- New farming and mining interactions bring increased depth
- Increased biome variety and Rare exotic biomes
- Analysis visor & discovery improvements
- Galaxy map and many other UI improvements
- New S Class ship designs
- Low altitude flight and the ability to crash your ship
- Crashed Freighters to salvage on planets
- Joint exploration
Full patch notes available here
with more details (e.g. the joint exploration isn't full on multiplayer (yet?), but you can explore stuff together, visualised by orbs, or something).
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?