• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

Event 6 - Role Call and Post Race Discussion

Really Rubbish Racing's 12th season of Forza Motorsport action, The Classic Tour, as suggested by Dan Thorn and voted for by the club.
PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

Re: Event 6 - Role Call and Post Race Discussion

Postby PJTierney » 13 Mar 2014, 08:39

I didn't enjoy last night's races all that much; was fighting the car too much and didn't have the pace I wanted because of it.
0x

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 13 Mar 2014, 09:06

My first two races went very well. I had good pace at camino and was running in the top 3 or 4. My car handled the twisty bits better than I expected so I gained a lot of time there. Unfortunately through 'Funnel' and into 'Hairpin', James got wide and came back onto the track in front of me mid-way through the apex. I tried to slow but ended up T-boning his whale of a car and spun him. I carried on but at a slower pace, eventually letting him (and Pete and Niall and PJ) through at turn 2 at the very bottom of the hill. SPent the rest of the race in very good battles with Pete and Niall, unfortunately being pipped by both of the right at the end after some light contact unbalanced the car.

Catalunya was probably my tidiest race all season. I had no significant offs, I kept good pace, hit most of the apexes, had a good, clean tussle with PJ and Pete. Came home a lonely 4th some way behind Tom and Flob, and ahead of Pete and PJ.

Road Atlanta was a disaster. Started really well and found crazy levels of grip round the outside of turn 1 and climbed all the way to second. 3 laps in and I started missing braking points. Before I knew it I was last and half a lap off. Managed to catch dan by the end and we had a good fight for last place in the final few minutes. Widest Countash ever. Mostly because it was sideways for the majority of the time.
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 13 Mar 2014, 11:45

Race results and championship standings are up. Congratulations to Kimster, who I believe has won the championship whatever happens! Kimster also beat Flob to the purple helmet by a scant 1.822 seconds. Niall pipped me to 3rd in the end too.

Koopa took his second podium and was less than two seconds from winning the race at Camino, but it was Flob who took his first win of the season. A good week for many with Flob, Scott, Dave, and Alex all taking their best results of the season.

Going into the final round things are close for 3rd with Tommy able to beat Niall if he outscores him by 25 points. It's all P's and J's in the battle for 5th, with Pete heading James and PJ. The race for 12th is on, with just 12 points separating me in 12th and Alex in 15th. Of course dropped scores alter much of this, but I can't be arsed to work all that out now.

Also I haven't done the race times from this week (or last week for that matter). I'll fill those in after the season.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA
Twitter: Bookoi

Postby Boovolari » 13 Mar 2014, 11:47

LOBBY 2 BASTARDS!

I thought I had quite a good run of results last night. Apparently not :lol:
0x

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 13 Mar 2014, 13:13

What a brilliant night!

Race 1

Started 3rd and got into 2nd behind James somewhere around the first lap. Spent most of the 2nd lap slowly inching up to James until he seemed to make a little error going through the fast right handers before the mahoosive straight. I had a little look then tried to back out of it but it was too late and we made small contact which may have un-stabilised his car a bit. After that I had a small lead over Tommy who was catching me but only by small amounts over the course of a near-3 minute lap. I can't remember where but I think it was on the penultimate lap that I made a mistake which put Tommy right onto the back of me and I had to fight him off a bit. It was only then that I fully realised how close Kimster had got. Going into the first corner on the last lap I went in normally then suddenly saw a big flash of pink as Kimster smashed into me. As it happens that may have been a good thing as that put Kimster out of it as he seemed to come off worse than me. After that I had to fight hard to get close enough to Tommy that I could get him on the straight. I managed to do it and he just about left a Daytona-sized space on the left for me to go into. After that I just tried to keep it tight so that he couldn't sneak up the inside in the twisty section. He still nearly got me over the line! Great race Tom :D 1st.

Race 2

Tried in the first couple of laps to stay with Kimster who immediately shot ahead of me at the start. I was able to stay close, but this just gave me false hope, as from lap 3 onwards he fucked off. After that I had Tommy yet again right behind me. Wouldn't have been a very exciting battle for the spectator since we were around 100ft apart most of the time but for me it was brilliant having to wring the cars neck to stay ahead, only really able to relax on the pit straight. On the last lap I nearly ruined all my good work as I got out of shape going through the last corner and Tommy was creeping past, fortunately the Daytona's horsepower saved me and I just managed to get 2nd, somehow managing to have an even closer finish with Tommy than at Camino!

Race 3

Mad race. Was on course for a good first lap from the back but going through the slalom I was on PJ's outside when he got unsettled over a kerb and went into me, putting me in the wall. After that I had quite a bit of catching up to do but still had Kimster in sight so I wasn't too worried about him beating me to the coveted Purple Helmet. Of course my next real battle was against Tommy, although this time he was in front. After a couple of laps he made a mistake at the last corner and I got ahead, and things were looking good as Kimster was still not far ahead. After that though Tommy came back at me which, with hindsight, distracted me too much and I should've really let him go as my lap times were suffering. I had one scary moment when I slightly got up on 2 wheels at the last corner but saved it, then a few laps later I almost completely rolled it. Unfortunately as I was steering left to get it back on 4 wheels I went into the wall, costing me a lot of time. After that I pushed hard and set a few low 1.02's which was really the best I could do with little practice beforehand. Kimster had around a second's advantage and he used it to just pip me overall. He deserves it to be fair, I only really had a chance because of Le Mans. That said, across nearly 2 hours of racing we were just under 2 seconds apart by the end, pretty awesome!
0x

Kimstermagnum
Pleb Club Silver Member
Name: The First Baron of Banterville
Car No: 9
Team: The Unholy Alliance
Twitter: Kimstermagnum

Postby Kimstermagnum » 13 Mar 2014, 13:53

Race 1: Started 2nd last, got a good start and was behind Alex going down the back straight, he got onto the sticky stuff and I tried to avoid him and got onto the outside sticky stuff. PJ couldn't avoid me and walloped me up the arse (Ironic given what I had written at the back). That put me 2nd last. I worked my way back up through the field and once was in 3rd set my sights on the leaders. I managed to set a ridiculously quick time (2:53.9) in the process and was constantly braking later for each corner every lap. I caught up at the start of the final lap. Tommy got a bit sideways coming out of the final corner and I thought I could get him into turn 1, I braked where I normally did even though I was slightly sideways myself going over the crest at the start finish line. I didn't consider Flob because I thought he was so far ahead but his Charger has to brake so much earlier than me that I suddenly closed that gap and make contact. I came off worse but thankfully Flob won from that situation. Sorry for that anyway Flob. Silly error by me lost a race I really should have won even after all my bad luck on the first 2-3 laps.

Race 2: Started 3rd, got into the lead and after a little mistake on lap 2 didn't look back.

Race 3: Started 2nd last and didn't think I had a chance especially given that the Nissan is terrible in traffic. I have the worst straight line speed of almost everyone (Definitely everyone in lobby 1). I had a bad turn 1 as incidents ahead of me blocked my path but that was a good thing because PJ and Flob had a coming together which put me ahead of them. I passed a couple of other cars before I met Pete. He had to brake for a few corners I was taking near flat and eventually I got the opportunity to pass him into the fast right hander onto the straight. Got enough momentum to maintain the position against the Lancia's superior straight line speed. I then met Dan. Who was struggling as ever in any situation that involved a corner. I braked early to avoid him then as soon as it looked like he put the power on I would respond, out of the final chicane I thought he'd put the power on but he hesitated on exit and I tapped him pushing him out wide. I backed off and Pete passed me but he tapped Dan out of the final corner meaning I got a run on him just avoiding his rear to make the move stick. Dan went wide into turn 1 and I got the lead. At that point it was lap 7 and I was only 400ft ahead of Flob. Thought I had no chance so I just pushed like crazy even though the high speed nature of the track was difficult in the Nissan (Which excels mainly on traction circuits). Managed to build a gap, with a couple of laps to go I was around where I needed to be ahead of Flob, but a poor penultimate lap made me worried I had lost it, so I tried to do a perfect qualifying style lap on the final one which ended up being my fastest lap. I think that might be the 1.8 second gap between me and Flob. Didn't pick my car for the Purple helmet (Given my terrible straight line speed) but Sebring, Silverstone and Road Atlanta weren't as bad as they could have been.
0x

Kimstermagnum
Pleb Club Silver Member

Postby Kimstermagnum » 13 Mar 2014, 14:03

Realistically it's over but I am not 100% sure it's mathematically over. I think if I get a weird order of results to alter my dropped scores and Flob wins all 3 then he would win it.
0x

Mr Flobadob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 13 Mar 2014, 14:17

Kimstermagnum wrote:Managed to build a gap, with a couple of laps to go I was around where I needed to be ahead of Flob, but a poor penultimate lap made me worried I had lost it, so I tried to do a perfect qualifying style lap on the final one which ended up being my fastest lap. I think that might be the 1.8 second gap between me and Flob.

I could of course argue that that gap is where James annihilated me at Sebring, or where PJ went into me last night ;)
0x

Kimstermagnum
Pleb Club Silver Member

Postby Kimstermagnum » 13 Mar 2014, 14:24

Mr Flobadob wrote:
Kimstermagnum wrote:Managed to build a gap, with a couple of laps to go I was around where I needed to be ahead of Flob, but a poor penultimate lap made me worried I had lost it, so I tried to do a perfect qualifying style lap on the final one which ended up being my fastest lap. I think that might be the 1.8 second gap between me and Flob.

I could of course argue that that gap is where James annihilated me at Sebring, or where PJ went into me last night ;)

James took me out at Nurburgring to balance it out. So a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. As they say.
0x

Mr Flobadob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 13 Mar 2014, 14:43

As nobody but you says.
0x

Kimstermagnum
Pleb Club Silver Member