• 28/06/2020 RRTCR4: Circuit de Boers | 05/07/2020 RRTCR4: Lester | 19/07/2020 MEARS: Imola

Automobilista

Discussion about anything related to Reiza Studio's Automobilista, Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck.
camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Re: Automobilista

Postby camp_bell » 01 Mar 2016, 22:29

I've not encountered anything major aside from a couple of crashes and one time when my force feedback disappeared through 130R (not fun) and came back a few corners later.

It's very much still a beta and it's way to buggy to use in any official capacity (even for for me, and I've got pretty lucky with regard to major issues) but if they can fix that it's a definite step on from Stock Car Extreme. The Formula V10s are especially glorious!
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 01 Mar 2016, 23:04

Blimey @pyjames91, I wouldn't even know where to start. Well, I guess maybe posting that on the Reiza forums with your specs.
1x
Have fun.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 02 Mar 2016, 22:27

@pyjames91 Check the plugins folders in both Stock Car Extreme and Automobilista... Any in AMS that aren't in SCE are new, and may be causing issues. And if you rename them so the extention isn't .dll anymore it effectively disables them. Maybe start by doing that with some of those? dynhud.dll would be my first suspect, and the SweetFX stuff in the video config my next.
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 04 Mar 2016, 21:51

So these are fairly fun as well :)
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Dan Holder
Steam ID: dan9378
Twitter: northernerdan

Postby Dan Holder » 06 Mar 2016, 18:41

I'm so glad I picked this game up. I've just been running in test run with a full field of AI just to get to grips with the physics and tuning, but the game blows my mind so far. Having solely played forza for years, this is really something else.

I really look forward to having a racertain night in the Super V8s, these cars are so much fun.
0x

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 09 Mar 2016, 18:45

Got this game downloaded and, much to my relief, it works - I was a little concerned that it wouldn't, as even though my new laptop is much better than my old one, it's still not really built for hardcore gaming.

The only thing that does appear to be an issue though is the DynHUD, as there is a noticeable loss of framerate with it switched on. Has anyone else noticed this?
1x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 09 Mar 2016, 19:22

There be an update.

Also yes, Reiza have their own forum now.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 09 Mar 2016, 19:47

Ooh, TV style overlay graphics!
0x
Have fun.

JayCoops435
Pleb Club Bronze Member
Name: Jay Cooper
Car No: 17
Team: Defenders
Twitter: @Jay_ST_Cooper

Postby JayCoops435 » 09 Mar 2016, 20:27

Has anybody else had an issue with auto shift being stuck on since the last update? It's bloody annoying me.
0x
Racing... because golf, football and cricket only require one ball.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 09 Mar 2016, 20:31

It's a setup option now (as well? probably still a 'normal' setting, too) so you might have to disable it in the car's setup.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

JayCoops435
Pleb Club Bronze Member
Name: Jay Cooper
Car No: 17
Team: Defenders
Twitter: @Jay_ST_Cooper

Postby JayCoops435 » 09 Mar 2016, 20:52

shaxberd wrote:It's a setup option now (as well? probably still a 'normal' setting, too) so you might have to disable it in the car's setup.

Will give it a go, thanks mate.
0x
Racing... because golf, football and cricket only require one ball.

SpeedingViper
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Luke mason
Car No: 68
Team: Two Tone eSports
Steam ID: SpeedingViper

Postby SpeedingViper » 09 Mar 2016, 21:03

Reading through it could suggest a reason for my issue when Rally X time came before?
0x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 09 Mar 2016, 23:49

Maybe. It seems a weird issue, but... If no one at Reiza genuinely ever tried their cars at low settings, I guess anything's possible. :P And I'd believe that's the case. I've fallen into that trap myself in the past with modding projects.
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 17 Mar 2016, 14:48

Some of the things in the works are pretty neat.
1x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 17 Mar 2016, 15:25

Oooh, a playground for the SuperTrucks. And lots of other interesting stuff as well, of course :D
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 24 Mar 2016, 12:19

AMS DLC/Membership info - British and Aussie content amongst others:

Renato Simioni wrote:Since our crowdfunding campaign ended, several users have contacted us looking to join Reiza 51 and become part of the development process, gain early access to new builds and generally contribute with / help shape the development path for AMS & beyond.

We have also observed several requests for development of additional content for AMS (beyond what has already been announced in our Development Roadmap), which we will be offering in the shape of paid DLCs via Steam.

We have thus elected to bundle all these items into our Reiza Membership package, including access to Reiza 51, AMS Beta & with ALL our upcoming AMS DLC items.

For those interested in joining in, these are our current offerings:

Reiza Membership ALL-INCLUSIVE Package
This package is for those who do not yet own any Automobilista products, offering all associated items in one single, specially discounted package.

Reiza Membership ALL-INCLUSIVE Package - UPGRADE
If you already own Automobilista, this package upgrades you to full membership, granting access to Reiza 51 & AMS Beta along with all upcoming AMS DLC releases, with a substantial saving over their total price.

You can buy into our membership packs from here.(all prices subject to change without notice).

For users who enjoy Automobilista, this represents great value - at the current prices, the membership packages represent a total discount of 40-50% relative to the planned price for each item, if purchased individually at their respective release.

Furthermore, the advanced funding gathered with the sale of these membership packages will allow us to speed up licensing & production of the content in order to offer all DLCs in the shortest timeframe (we intend to deliver the full DLC line-up before the end 2016, or roughly 1 new item per month).

Keep in mind all that as previously explained in this Reiza 51 topic, REIZA SIMRACING BONANZA backers from ALL LEVELS already have REIZA MEMBERSHIP ALL-INCLUSIVE secured free of any additional charge.

Automobilista DLC packs

There will be in between 10-12 DLC items released over the remainder of 2016, each item including either one completely new series or venue, with prices for each item ranging from US$ 2.99 to US$ 4.99

We are currently in advanced negotiations for delivering the following DLC packs (not necessarily in this order):

Venues:
Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
Oulton Park/UK
Cadwell Park/UK
Brands Hatch/UK
Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US

Cars:
Ultima GTR
Truck Racing-based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who already own that)
Aussie Racing Car
Divisão 3 (Historical brazilian touring car series)
Group B Rally car

Please keep in mind that at this stage the full AMS DLC line-up, release order & pricing is not yet finalized (and there will be at least a couple of further items added to this list). We are providing this preliminary information as a reference of the value included in our membership packages, however the membership packs do not ensure specific content nor the order in which they will be released - only that any & all DLCs produced for AMS will be delivered to you free of additional charge. This is reflected on the special pricing the packages are currently offered for.

If you are interested in buying specific cars & tracks or want to know exactly what you are buying into, we recommend you wait until the DLCs are confirmed / released.

The membership packages will remain in offer throughout AMS development, with items & pricing being updated accordingly as we go.

In combination with the roadmap from a while ago, this adds up to...

Cars
Boxer Cup GT3
Copa Montana
Formula Vintage (late 60s)
[DLC] Ultima GTR
[DLC] Formula Truck
[DLC] Aussie Racing Car
[DLC] Divisão 3
[DLC] Group B Rally Car

Tracks
Virginia
Speedland (Kart)
Mendig Airfield (Gymkhana, Supertrucks)
Ibarra
[DLC] Imola (historical & modern variants)
[DLC] Oulton Park
[DLC] Cadwell Park
[DLC] Brands Hatch
[DLC] Hockenheim (historical & modern variants)
[DLC] Hillclimb Rally Stage (Pikes Peak based)
0x

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 24 Mar 2016, 12:37

I don't know if you've seen the Aussie Racing Cars but those would be great for a season.
0x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 24 Mar 2016, 12:45

Right, they seem to be silhouette cars running a motorcycle engine - rather small, so they look a bit like toy cars. Which is a bit ridiculous, but it could be the fun kind of ridiculous :)

0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 24 Mar 2016, 13:37

SO because I was an Indiegogo backer, i get all this for the price I've already paid, right?
0x
Have fun.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 24 Mar 2016, 14:12

ajokay wrote:SO because I was an Indiegogo backer, i get all this for the price I've already paid, right?

Yup, apparently the membership packages for backers are/will be tied to the AMS Beta keys, so since you got two of those back in the day, @pyjames91 might be covered, as well :D
0x

nOc75
Name: Niall O'Connell
Car No: 75
Team: Westlander, PSP

Postby nOc75 » 24 Mar 2016, 22:35

I had the sound off for some of that video, and all I could hear in my head was the Benny Hill music!
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 24 Mar 2016, 22:49

shaxberd wrote:Formula Vintage (late 60s)

I believe there's a really nice Rouen-Les-Essarts mod floating around for SCE. Upgrade that and we basically have @DanThorn's next special event.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 25 Mar 2016, 06:47

RIP AMS.

I'm not a fan of the DLC, especially taking away Imola historic and reselling it. Not cool.
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 30 Mar 2016, 13:55

0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 30 Mar 2016, 14:42

Now if this doesn't get racing enthusiasts around the world back to watching F1 I don't know what will do.

According to the Reiza forums, it's still possible to play it though, so we're all safe for now. SCE's still up for sale as well, so I guess/hope it's all about the new AMS liveries for the FExtreme. Which should be easily adjusted.
3x