• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Automobilista

Discussion about anything related to Reiza Studio's Automobilista, Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck.
JayCoops435
Pleb Club Bronze Member
Name: Jay Cooper
Car No: 17
Team: Defenders
Twitter: @Jay_ST_Cooper

Re: Automobilista

Postby JayCoops435 » 23 Apr 2016, 12:17

Sam Hill wrote:
Does anyone have the old skins backed up by any chance? The new ones are just shit

Copy and paste the ones from SCE. They're exactly the same. I put the Formula MEME skinpack in to AMS and they look fantastic.
1x
Racing... because golf, football and cricket only require one ball.

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 20 May 2016, 23:15

Automobilista EA v0.9.3 RELEASED

Below is the main changelog for the new version:

Content:
New track: Added Virginia International Raceway (3 layouts)
New series: Added Boxer Cup series
(hotfix to address team names will come up shortly)

Features & Fixes:
Fixed a bug with LCD displays that could cause the game to crash after loading a session in certain conditions
Added a Series .SRS auto-sort function - SRS files no longer need to be named "REIZAXX", and the game will automatically sort their main menu listing in alphabetical order, with original series coming first - slots REIZA01-28 & REIZA99 are reserved for Reiza original content, mods can use REIZA29 up to 99 OR any other name of the modder´s preference; New REIZAXX must be in upper-case
Added a reset sound event to mute replay sounds at the end of the replay
Added an extra state to virtual mirror cycle to display the in-car mirrors, but not the virtual mirrors
Added option for mapping multiple commands to the same key / button
Increased maximum race lap limit from 100 to 500
Added extra custom AI physics values to improve AI stability & re-callibrated AI performance for various series
Revised Portuguese, french & Spanish localization (work still in progress)
Added parameter to define engine layout & orientation, and set cars with transverse engines (Marcas, Mini, Lancers, Karts) accordingly
Revised aeromap for several cars
Fixed bug with windshields of various cars becoming transparent at night
Reprofiled LCD displays for Superkart, SuperV8, StockV8, F-V12, F-Classic
Updated font alpha in all Motec-style displays & added a function to light up background when headlights are switched on
Updated sky textures & added 2 new packs
DynHUD: Fixed reading Config.ini with UTF-16 (This also fixes the "editor starting with white screen" bug); fixed editor to access the correct data folder; Improved viewport detection and change reaction; Renders on top of big monitor now; MapWidget now renders item positions correctly again; Improved on-track detection for MapWidget; Fixed textures to be properly updated after configuration loaded
Curitiba: Smoothed out section near 200m board in the main straight
Supertruck: revised tire physics
F-Vee: Fixed rollbar LOD distance
Opala: Fixed championship scoring not computing

Yet to test it but have no hype for this, hopefully this is changed when I drive it.
2x
ImageImage

Dan Holder
Steam ID: dan9378
Twitter: northernerdan

Postby Dan Holder » 14 Jun 2016, 16:31

Some new cars and tracks are coming.

Caldwell park
Brands Hatch
Oulton park

Caterhams
Ultimate GTR
one other
0x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Postby pyjames91 » 14 Jun 2016, 16:37

Boring
0x

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 14 Jun 2016, 18:13

I'm happy about having some good British circuits done. Caterhams could be good but this game lacks variety is styles of car. They are mostly open wheel based.
Now I think we need some really legendary circuits like the whole Nurburgring, rfactor has modeled the GP circuit for them so shouldn't be impossible.
0x
ImageImage

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 14 Jun 2016, 18:23

Dan Holder wrote:Some new cars and tracks are coming.

Caldwell park
Brands Hatch
Oulton park

Caterhams
Ultimate GTR
one other

More track variety (aka non-Brazilian tracks) is certainly good news, and both the Ultima GTR and the MCR are obscure enough to potentially be fun - which reminds me to try the beta build's Montana tonight ;)
Worth noting this will be DLC-content (available as single items or a pack at about 20USD) as outlined in Reiza's June Dev Update - so if you feel like you'd be interested in this and other DLCs, it's probably time to get a Reiza membership currently priced 25USD (due to increase) which contains this and future DLC as well as beta access. If you wanna wait regarding actual DLC quality and reviews, that's obviously fine, too ;)
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

SpeedingViper
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Luke mason
Car No: 68
Team: Two Tone eSports
Steam ID: SpeedingViper

Postby SpeedingViper » 14 Jun 2016, 21:06

Dan Holder wrote:Caldwell park

0x

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 16 Jun 2016, 15:00

$20 USD? Gross.
1x

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 16 Jun 2016, 15:05

It's robbing you blind really, someone will just make a mod and be done with it.
At least Race07's DLC prices were never that stupid, even when it was newer.
1x
ImageImage

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 16 Jun 2016, 15:28

Gtr Evolution gave us three whole classes to play with. This is giving us three cars... 20USD is a bit much for three cars which the community may get bored of as fast as the Super V8.

I'll be up for some club events to try them out at least, since I upgraded my membership a while ago.
1x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

TuxMcBea
Name: Pete Beardsley
Steam ID: TuxMcBea
Twitter: TuxMcBea

Postby TuxMcBea » 16 Jun 2016, 18:00

I have to agree ~£15 does seem a bit steep for the amount of content in my very humble opinion. Especially when there is only one track and one car that interests me. lol
1x
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 16 Jun 2016, 19:30

Seems like they're taking inspiration from R3E's price ranges more than R07, yeah - bit steep, however they do offer that buy-it-all package for the future DLC packs (Aussie cars, classic tourers, rally car, Pikes Peak, Hockenheim pack, Imola pack & Formula Truck IIRC) for 5 bucks more, which seems very much alright IMHO, it's not like they've scrapped content from the original fundraiser.
The only iffy bit might be Bologna/Imola Historic depending on how they handle that, I guess - free for previous SCE owners = all good, have to buy again, not so much.

Personally, I think there are bigger concerns than this with the remaining DynHud issues and hopefully a few small usability fixes, partially on the server side of things (bring some PLR/INI options to the GUI, make the extra lap for timed races optional, etc etc).

EDIT: turns out the extra lap thing seemingly hadn't been requested yet in the beta forums. Changed that ;)
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 16 Jun 2016, 19:38

shaxberd wrote:the remaining DynHud issues

You mean like that one which cased all our HUDs to break at Montreal?
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 16 Jun 2016, 19:42

Lin1876 wrote:
shaxberd wrote:the remaining DynHud issues

You mean like that one which cased all our HUDs to break at Montreal?

Umm.. possibly, wasn't there :D I know it was pretty buggy for some people in earlier versions already and ATM(/while trying to fix that?) it seems to be breaking when switching over to the race. Can be reactivated by hitting '5' twice, but still.. yeah, something that definitely needs to be fixed for v1.0.
0x

TuxMcBea
Name: Pete Beardsley
Steam ID: TuxMcBea
Twitter: TuxMcBea

Postby TuxMcBea » 16 Jun 2016, 19:59

shaxberd wrote:........... they do offer that buy-it-all package for the future DLC packs (Aussie cars, classic tourers, rally car, Pikes Peak, Hockenheim pack, Imola pack & Formula Truck IIRC) for 5 bucks more .............

Hmm, do we know how that works? Is it like a time bound season pass for, say, a year? Or is it a one time payment and then you get all DLC as it is released? If the latter then it's a no brainer as there are a few things in the list up there that do excite me. :lol: If the former then, maybe and maybe not.
0x
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 16 Jun 2016, 20:30

They are too busy trying to make a quick buck than to actually complete the game...
The last content release showed that, and showed it badly. So bad infact that they had to update that porsche that isn't a porsche after releasing it because they rushed it out?
Makes no sense
0x
ImageImage

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 16 Jun 2016, 20:51

GremlinWon wrote:They are too busy trying to make a quick buck than to actually complete the game...

Remember that Reiza are a small team, games are ever more expensive to make and sim racing is niche enough that sim racing games are never going to be big sellers (Dirt Rally etc excepted).

This isn't EA cynically releasing Battlefield in chunks -- keeping up turnover with your existing games is literally life or death for studios like Reiza and Kunos. I'd quite like them to still have jobs this time next year.
3x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 16 Jun 2016, 21:04

TuxMcBea wrote:
shaxberd wrote:........... they do offer that buy-it-all package for the future DLC packs (Aussie cars, classic tourers, rally car, Pikes Peak, Hockenheim pack, Imola pack & Formula Truck IIRC) for 5 bucks more .............

Hmm, do we know how that works? Is it like a time bound season pass for, say, a year? Or is it a one time payment and then you get all DLC as it is released? If the latter then it's a no brainer as there are a few things in the list up there that do excite me. :lol: If the former then, maybe and maybe not.

Both, kinda :D The Reiza membership, as they call it, grants you beta access (game and forum) and indeed includes all future AMS DLCs (those listed earlier).
That being said, it's somewhat unlikely there will be even more DLCs than that for AMS as they gotta start work on their proper new game, codenamed Reiza17, at some point - thus, it probably won't extend further than a year anyway ;)

GremlinWon wrote:They are too busy trying to make a quick buck than to actually complete the game...
The last content release showed that, and showed it badly. So bad infact that they had to update that porsche that isn't a porsche after releasing it because they rushed it out?

Hum. Personally, I feel like that is well within the definition of the game being early access, and it probably doesn't help that some users will always be screaming "I want that new content, and I want it now! I have contributed to the campaign, I have a RIGHT to get my car NOW" and the like ;)
Also, that Porsche is really fun in its current rendition IMHO, so well worth the update or two :)
1x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby Lemm314 » 16 Jun 2016, 22:04

I think I'd need to put some serious time into figuring out the Boxer, personally. I definitely didn't have it figured out at our race at VIR... :D

Remember that the people they have modelling new cars and tracks, recording sounds, etc. can't really do much bug fixing in the program code, but they can keep doing what they've been doing this whole time. So that's inevitably going to come independently of the actual bug fixes we want. As ugly as it may be that they're selling DLC while so much work needs doing in the base game, it doesn't mean the people who can fix that aren't hard at work on it. ;)

I must confess, I was hoping for more when they got access to rFactor's source code. I was hoping it'd be the end of using external plugins for HUDs. And the end of having to adjust the realfeel.ini file for every mod car.
0x

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 16 Jun 2016, 23:47

I've not driven the fake porsche since they couldn't be bothered to get it right the first time.
And Reiza are a small company but doesn't mean they are any better than searching for a quick money grab like that. If they wanted money they shouldn't have given it away for free?
Also I'm quite underwhelmed from the start of AMS because it's SCE with about 4 new cars and a couple of new tracks... worthy of a whole new game is questionable.
0x
ImageImage

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 17 Jun 2016, 10:17

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Automobilista is to SCE what SCE was to the earlier Game Stock Car games. Think of it as a major technical update rather than a wholly new game, hence why it was free to SCE owners.

Of course, though, free updates don't keep the lights on and scanning and modelling those tracks and cars has to be paid for somehow. To keep money coming in, Reiza need to continue to release new content, which means charging what they feel they can for it or doing some kind of subscription model like what rFactor 2 and iRacing do.
4x

GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 17 Jun 2016, 11:30

True, you have a point but why make a "large technical update" shouldn't they just have developed only new things, It's as bad as Gran Turismo releasing new game after new game with no changes really other than I get to take pictures of my car in the desert or something.
What I'm trying to say is why are they releasing DLC before the game has even made it to a 1.0? That is what early access is meant to be, which is playing the game with all the updates they do included until V1.0. What is now being done it seems is a way to buy the game half complete and then pay even more for a bit more of the game still half complete with a few more things.
Is it just me that thinks it's wrong and not the way it should be done? It never used to be this bad.
0x
ImageImage

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 17 Jun 2016, 12:24

GremlinWon wrote:What I'm trying to say is why are they releasing DLC before the game has even made it to a 1.0?

They aren't. Technically, it's not even announced, let alone comes with a release date - it's part of the recent development update, i.e. a forum-ised blogpost, basically. Something that, again, people are usually 'eager to see' once there hasn't been news for a few hours ;)

GremlinWon wrote:What is now being done it seems is a way to buy the game half complete and then pay even more for a bit more of the game still half complete with a few more things.
Is it just me that thinks it's wrong and not the way it should be done? It never used to be this bad.

At the risk of sounding like a full-on Reiza fanboy, I disagree - most of the userbase hasn't even paid for this game anyway as it came free with the previous SCE purchase. But even then, everything that's been part of that (minus Bologna, potentially, see above) and the fundraiser will still be a free update to AMS (and then some, with the historic F1, Mendig, Speedland and Ibarra outlined as free updates).
The BritPack, and all the other DLCs teased yet are just that, additional content that wasn't part of either - DLCs in general surely is a controversial topic and I'm not necessarily a fan of it either, but that's the way (most of) the industry works at the moment. So if anything, they're making people pay for content that's actually new and wasn't planned for initially, content that needs to be developed and (partially) licensed.

Again, Reiza is by no means flawless, there are issues regarding the stability of both the HUD and the game in general (for some, at least), the dedicated server's probably mostly unchanged from the rFactor base which means lots of tiny options have to be set up textfile-based, the FFB can be tricky at times, all that - and of course one can question the SCE->AMS move in general without being entirely wrong (my guess is a mixture of 'huh, in hindsight, Stock Car Extreme is a really silly name that probably isn't encouraging sales on its own too much' and 'We'd like to change this, that and these with SCE, but we'll likely break a thing or two or twelve doing that, so maybe leave that game untouched?'), but in terms of their content policy, I don't think these guys are doing too bad a job at all.
3x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 17 Jun 2016, 13:45

For those with a penchant for this car, Niels showcasing an 'early work in progress Formula Extreme physics update.'

2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby Lemm314 » 17 Jun 2016, 14:01

He makes it look easier than I remember. :P Curious to see what it's like.

Also what is wrong with his wheel/pedals!? There's so many snaps and cracks every single lap!
1x