• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

Automobilista

Discussion about anything related to Reiza Studio's Automobilista, Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck.
TomaZZ
Name: Tomasz Kowalski
Car No: 420
Team: nada
Steam ID: takatoa
Twitter: @TheRealTomaZZ

Automobilista

Postby TomaZZ » 18 Feb 2016, 12:05

Seems like this article, written by a Reiza dev, says Automobilista is coming "very soon". Maybe this month?

Also includes a formula V10 preview video @ Kansai.

Also, Big Trucks
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Re: Automobilista

Postby ajokay » 18 Feb 2016, 12:58

1x
Have fun.

TomaZZ

Postby TomaZZ » 20 Feb 2016, 19:25

0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 21 Feb 2016, 23:40

Some screenshots from the just-released beta before I head to bed (can't reach imgur at the moment, so this will have to do):

New main menu
New loading screen
New HUD
Super Truuuucks
Dirt pickup (Formula V10)
Flatspotting (Formula V10)
Flatspotting, part deux
Renault!
6x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

JayCoops435
Pleb Club Bronze Member
Name: Jay Cooper
Car No: 17
Team: Defenders
Twitter: @Jay_ST_Cooper

Postby JayCoops435 » 21 Feb 2016, 23:45

Damn! Why do I have work in the morning when I've got this downloading! :(
0x
Racing... because golf, football and cricket only require one ball.

TomaZZ

Postby TomaZZ » 23 Feb 2016, 22:40

0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 25 Feb 2016, 13:53

Seems like us backers are only allowed to feel exclusive for a few more days ;)

Reiza Facebook Page wrote:AUTOMOBILISTA is coming to Steam Early Access this weekend!

That means if you already have Stock Car Extreme activated on Steam and you bought it before January 6th, you will already be able to play Automobilista this weekend free of any extra charge! The game should be added to your library as soon as it´s released.

If you did not purchase Stock Car Extreme, Early Access will offer you a chance to get Automobilista with a 20% discount (which will gradually reduce as we approach the full release).
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 25 Feb 2016, 13:59

Someone needs cashflow to tide them over until the next financial year.

I mean, something not cynical.
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 25 Feb 2016, 16:02

Hey, I'm not gonna complain. I've been wondering what they've managed to do for a while now. Wondering if this'll put an end to some of the silly things we can get away with in SCE like habitual lock ups. And now we all get to see. :D
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

TomaZZ

Postby TomaZZ » 25 Feb 2016, 16:45

No play button :(
0x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 25 Feb 2016, 18:51

I look forward to being frustrated when I find out that all of the things I liked and got used to about SCE have been changed.
2x

Austin Ogonoski
Car No: 2
Team: PretendRaceCars.net
Steam ID: ISIBabyfactory
Twitter: AustinOgonoski

Postby Austin Ogonoski » 26 Feb 2016, 00:54

Are we going to move to this in the middle of the season? Pretty much everybody got it for free and it's fundamentally the same game.
0x

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Postby MasterOntWolf » 26 Feb 2016, 03:11

Austin Ogonoski wrote:Are we going to move to this in the middle of the season? Pretty much everybody got it for free and it's fundamentally the same game.

I didn't get it. :cry: :cry:
0x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby Lemm314 » 26 Feb 2016, 03:48

Check your Steam library @MasterOntWolf. It should definitely be in there, and it is one of the games you own according to the games list in your Steam profile. :)

In other news, it's the 26th in the UK now... Soon it will be ours. :D
0x

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Postby MasterOntWolf » 26 Feb 2016, 04:04

lemming77 wrote:Check your Steam library @MasterOntWolf. It should definitely be in there, and it is one of the games you own according to the games list in your Steam profile. :)

In other news, it's the 26th in the UK now... Soon it will be ours. :D

It is in my games folder but I have no option to download or install it all it has is a purchase date :x
0x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby Lemm314 » 26 Feb 2016, 04:53

Yup, that's what we've all got. So if that's what you're seeing, you can download it when Reiza eventually let us download it and be good to go. :D
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 26 Feb 2016, 08:33

Austin Ogonoski wrote:Are we going to move to this in the middle of the season? Pretty much everybody got it for free and it's fundamentally the same game.

I have a feeling that'll just me asking for more trouble if we do. There will be *something* in AMS that breaks or isn't exactly as it was and it'll fuck up a race and... I can see it now!

Season 20, most probably, but not part way through HBTM.
4x
Have fun.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 26 Feb 2016, 08:34

Hum. With the release version hitting in "30-60 days", plus an extra week or two, that would pretty much be the end of the season anyway, so I think we'll likely stay with SCE for HBTM.

GEARS on the other side may change mid-season depending on how easy mod conversion turns out to be and whether or not everyone would be alright with the change as I'd imagine some of the new stuff (revised FFB & tyre model, tyre flatspots, new Interlagos) could be considered quite a change to what we were experiencing and preparing for during the 'SCE rounds' till then. On the other hand, it's probably the only way to go to VIR so personally, I'd be okay with it anyway :D
1x

Covamalia
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: covamalia
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby Covamalia » 26 Feb 2016, 09:46

shaxberd wrote:

Hum. With the release version hitting in "30-60 days", plus an extra week or two, that would pretty much be the end of the season anyway, so I think we'll likely stay with SCE for HBTM.

GEARS on the other side may change mid-season depending on how easy mod conversion turns out to be and whether or not everyone would be alright with the change as I'd imagine some of the new stuff (revised FFB & tyre model, tyre flatspots, new Interlagos) could be considered quite a change to what we were experiencing and preparing for during the 'SCE rounds' till then. On the other hand, it's probably the only way to go to VIR so personally, I'd be okay with it anyway :D

For purely the reason that it would look odd for a competition to be across two different titles on the wiki, I would like to think we wouldn't change midway through a season (even GEARS).
Plus, as has been suggested, certain physics aspects may change things. It may even change the characteristics of the car slightly (as a car is generally modded to tailor to the specific physics of that game) so changing may open up calls of "my car doesn't feel the same on this game" and then either a raft of car changes (which we generally don't allow) or people dropping off.
Fair enough the change may be tiny what with the game just being an evolution, but if you've been driving a car for the best part of half a year, you kind of get to know it pretty well so any change tends to be more noticeable. I wouldn't want it to become another Australiacars with all that talk of changing the goalposts.
4x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 26 Feb 2016, 11:03

What Ben said. SCE isn't going anywhere so there's plenty of time to wrap up HBTM and the current GEARS season without risking stability for what are relatively minor changes.

By the time season 20 starts in July/August time, we'll have had time to see what effect the change to Automobilista will or won't have and whether it's a change worth making. I'm assuming we'll be having club nights on AMS very soon to try it out.
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 26 Feb 2016, 17:38

1x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

blairy20
Name: Liam Blair
Car No: 11
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: blairy20
Twitter: blairy20

Postby blairy20 » 26 Feb 2016, 22:36

I'm failing to see where it allows me to change input settings? And the accelerator is stuck on...
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 29 Feb 2016, 07:27

shaxberd wrote:New HUD

...seems to be easily(?) adjustable:
3x

SpeedingViper
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Luke mason
Car No: 68
Team: Two Tone eSports
Steam ID: SpeedingViper

Postby SpeedingViper » 29 Feb 2016, 16:14

According to mobile steam automobilista will be dropped in two days from now for the rest of us :P
0x

Dan Holder
Steam ID: dan9378
Twitter: northernerdan

Postby Dan Holder » 29 Feb 2016, 18:52

Having only been playing on PC for less than 2 month, this game has got me quite excited.

The best I had until recently was Forza l, but now I'm loving SCE and iRacing. So AMS, if it's an improvement, will be fantastic.
4x