• 15/12/2019 GEARS VIII: Spa | 20/12/2019 SE: Crashmas

LEANS - Event 5 - Role Call & General Discussion

Discussion regarding Really Rubbish Racing's 17th and final season of official console competition, the Lotus Elise Anniversary Series, taking place on Gran Turismo 6.
PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

LEANS - Event 5 - Role Call & General Discussion

Postby PJTierney » 21 Mar 2015, 21:24

Rounds 11-13 of the Lotus Elise Anniversary Series will take place on Wednesday, May 13th, racing at the following:

• Monza (Grand Prix 80s) - 5 Minute Qualifying Session
  • Monza (Grand Prix 80s)- 25 Minute Feature Race
  • Indianapolis (Road Course) - 15 Minute Sprint Race
  • London (Forward) - 10 Minute Super-Sprint

• 19.30 - Lobbies Open, Free Practice Begins
  • 20.00 - Races Start
  • 21.15 - Expected Finishing Time

This event will be hosted in the Really Rubbish Racing club on Gran Turismo 6 (Club ID: 1024917).
This will be a normal Club Lobby hosted by one of the club members.
You must be a member of this in-game club in order to race.

If you want to practice before the event, you can download the lobby settings via the Really Rubbish Racing in-game club (Club ID: 1024917) or look them up manually on the Wiki.

Instead of the in-game options, we will be using TeamSpeak in order to host voice communications. All drivers are advised to set this up before the event begins. For more information check out this thread.

Before competing, all drivers must make sure that they have read and understood the following:

Please confirm your intention to race by posting in this thread, and feel free to discuss the event, share laptimes and tips etc. with your fellow drivers.
0x

PJTierney

Re: LEANS - Event 1 - Role Call & General Discussion

Postby PJTierney » 21 Mar 2015, 21:26

Role Call Information:

Please confirm your availability by posting the following in this thread:

In
    50/50
    Out

If you do not post a message by the time the event lobby is open, we will assume that you are not racing. You can also update your status by posting an additional forum message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attending:
  1. PJ
  2. ACB
  3. Ejay
  4. Dan
  5. Neil
  6. Nic
  7. Pete
  8. Craig (50/50)

Not Attending:
  • Patch
0x

ArcticCareBear
Name: Chris E
Car No: 28
Team: Scuderia Aquila Aureus
Steam ID: ArcticWarfarePolarBear
Twitter: weblaunchr

Re: LEANS - Event 5 - Role Call & General Discussion

Postby ArcticCareBear » 08 May 2015, 08:51

In
0x

ejayAD
Car No: 201

Postby ejayAD » 08 May 2015, 09:03

In
0x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 08 May 2015, 09:15

I'll be there.
0x

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 08 May 2015, 10:44

In it to win it.
0x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 08 May 2015, 11:20

50/50 again. Will be for a while.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

Don Patch
Name: Adrián García
Car No: 74
Team: Team Cimavilla, Eiffel Power

Postby Don Patch » 08 May 2015, 12:11

In.
0x

supernicebob
Name: Nic Redhead
Car No: 42
Team: Scuderia Testa Rosso
Twitter: @super_nic_ebob

Postby supernicebob » 08 May 2015, 13:15

In. Already got a bit of practice in so hopefully won't be as scrappy as last time.
0x
"Super mighty fine bob, or whatever his name is"
Ted Kravitz

Pwoodg
Car No: 36

Postby Pwoodg » 08 May 2015, 18:19

In
0x

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 08 May 2015, 18:24

Pwoodg wrote:In

Up for hosting again? In fact, assuming you're in for the next 3 weeks, can you host the remainder of the season?
0x

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

GoodKingMoogleMogXII
Name: Michael Hill
Car No: 14
Team: Moogle Sport
Steam ID: GoodKingMoogleMogXII
Twitter: Mikes0894

Postby GoodKingMoogleMogXII » 09 May 2015, 14:08

I will let you know. I don't have the latest rota for my job yet so will let you know
0x
Moogle Sport sitting on over 500 Break Chocobo-Power we aim to take Eorzea by storm.

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 09 May 2015, 14:25

GoodKingMoogleMogXII wrote:I will let you know. I don't have the latest rota for my job yet so will let you know

Okay, would be good if you can race.
0x

GoodKingMoogleMogXII
Name: Michael Hill
Car No: 14
Team: Moogle Sport
Steam ID: GoodKingMoogleMogXII
Twitter: Mikes0894

Postby GoodKingMoogleMogXII » 09 May 2015, 15:06

PJTierney wrote:
GoodKingMoogleMogXII wrote:I will let you know. I don't have the latest rota for my job yet so will let you know

Okay, would be good if you can race.

You and me both. I've been wanting to continue taking part but then I find out I have work :(.
My job is usually 13:30 to 22:30 so that's why I couldn't take part
0x
Moogle Sport sitting on over 500 Break Chocobo-Power we aim to take Eorzea by storm.

Pwoodg
Car No: 36

Postby Pwoodg » 09 May 2015, 19:46

PJTierney wrote:
Pwoodg wrote:In

Up for hosting again? In fact, assuming you're in for the next 3 weeks, can you host the remainder of the season?

I'll be in the the rest of season, no problem hosting.
0x

supernicebob

Postby supernicebob » 12 May 2015, 10:55

Any special thoughts on track limits this week? In particular the various chicanes at Monza (assume the white line rule still applies there) and general track limits at London (again, assuming that's largely defined by the barriers). Can't think of much at Indy, perhaps the section where it joins the banking?
0x
Ted Kravitz

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 12 May 2015, 11:42

supernicebob wrote:Any special thoughts on track limits this week? In particular the various chicanes at Monza (assume the white line rule still applies there) and general track limits at London (again, assuming that's largely defined by the barriers). Can't think of much at Indy, perhaps the section where it joins the banking?

Monza 80s has grass on the inside of the chicanes instead of tarmac. Standard rule applies to the whole track (white lines or equivalent). Be careful at Turn 1 as the inside barrier is a solid wall very close to the apex.

All of the banking can be used at Indy. White lines elsewhere. No cutting to the right of the tyre barrier at apex of Turn 1 unless you need to avoid a potential crash.

London: The barriers are the track limits.
0x

Don Patch
Name: Adrián García
Car No: 74
Team: Team Cimavilla, Eiffel Power

Postby Don Patch » 13 May 2015, 11:09

Out for this one... :cry:

I have to cover late shift, today, as one of my mates is sick.

Sssssssshit, man... So disappointing...
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 13 May 2015, 15:08

Moved PS3 in but I'll be running this race from the WiFi. If I'm too laggy just shout and I'll quit.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 13 May 2015, 20:18

Monza: had no speed at all, didn't like the cars on this track, most boring race ever.
Indy: worst road course ever built, could have won, too many mistakes
London: too many errors and couldn't overtake anyone

Glad that's out the way, all of those tracks were awful in these cars. Wasn't going to race this evening and I wish I hadn't now. Oh well, the last two events will be better. :)
0x

supernicebob

Postby supernicebob » 13 May 2015, 22:03

Quali - Happy with my first lap and I think it was the fastest I've done with full fuel. Failed to improve on the second lap and pushed more and lost more as the lap went on.

Race 1 - Made a great start and was ahead into and indeed out of the first chicane, but got on the power too early and went into a slide allowing ACB to have a go and I had to take to the grass. This put me to the back but I was able to catch back up a bit as people fought each other. Then got stuck around ACB and Dan for a bit. Did manage to briefly get ahead but then got caught up again. Dan started to bump draft but before I could return the favour he got tangled up with the recovering Neil. That left three of us spaced out at the front all on a similar pace. Any small hope I had of finishing higher ended with another wobble at the first chicane late on.

Race 2 - Had good pace and was catching up to the leading pack when I put a wheel on the grass and that was that. I knew I needed three strong results tonight and the frustration at making that mistake got to me and I made another couple of errors. Not a good race.

Race 3 - Determined to get things back on track, I spent the first few laps behind Pete who was going well but I was quicker at a couple of points on the circuit and eventually made a nice and clean move (if I do say so myself) to take the lead. PJ got up to second though so I couldn't back off, but fortunately got into a good rhythm and I think all of my laps were within a tenth or so from then on in.

Looks like I'm destined to finish second again (if I'm lucky with Neil and ACB showing good pace of late along with PJ and Dan as usual) but hopefully I can have two good weeks. We shall see!
0x
Ted Kravitz

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 14 May 2015, 09:08

3 strong results last night, I think it's time to start thinking about the Drivers' Championship now 8-)

Qualifying:
    I knew I was quick around Monza but not on full fuel. I did what I could and strung a decent lap together, but with only 2 laps I wasn't able to secure a front row position.

3rd

Monza:
    I took the first set of chicanes side-by-side with Neil before cutting the end of it to avoid colliding with Nic. That gave me the lead so I lifted through Curva Grande and resumed in P2.

Over the next few laps myself and Neil pulled away from the pack before I made a number of out-braking maneuvers to secure the lead. After a while I pulled out a gap of 2 seconds and held it to the finish.

1st

Indianapolis:
    I knew from practice that I would be quick around here but the track itself felt a lot quicker than in previous sessions; I think most of us were going a second faster than the best practice times.

On Lap 1 I immediately made up spots and was with the lead group before putting a wheel on the grass before the banking. As I was on full throttle at the time I spun out and ended up in the path of ACB who had nowhere to go. That put me in last place a fair bit away from the next car.

What happened next was a flat out chase to get back in contention. I immediately set Fastest Lap on Lap 2 and subsequently kept up that pace to rejoin the others. One by one I gained positions and with 6 laps to go I was 6 seconds behind Craig (the leader), gaining a second a lap.

With 3 to go I was only 2 seconds behind as the leaders got in each others' way and with Dan, Nic and Craig all spinning off in separate incidents it was just me and the Countdown drivers fighting for the win.

I got myself into P2 and took Neil's slipstream all the way to Turn 1 on the final lap before making a move down the inside. I quickly built a gap to "break the tow" and was extra careful through the infield section in order to avoid getting slipstreamed on the banking. It worked and I took a memorable and unlikely victory.

1st

London:
    Starting last I wasn't expecting much from the race as there was a high chance of me getting caught up in other peoples' incidents on the tight circuit.

2 places were made on Turn 1 as I took to the outside to avoid contact with Ejay and I quickly made up more spots as others were quite cautious through the narrow streets, mainly passing people on the outside of 90 degree turns.

Within about a lap I was in P2 with polesitter Nic ahead. We were both in clean air which guaranteed that we'd break free, but he was a few tenths quicker than me overall which kept us in P1/P2 to the finish.

2nd

Going into this season I wasn't expecting much as historically I haven't done well in spec series. I wasn't even thinking about points and positions until this week so I'm a little surprised that I'm within reach of a 3rd title. Hopefully I can see it through, would be a good way to say farewell to GT6 :)
0x

Covamalia
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: covamalia
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby Covamalia » 14 May 2015, 15:05

Tables done.

Just need lap counts and fastest lap setters and times (Dan again? Or was it really such a bad week for him that he didnt even get one?)
0x

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 14 May 2015, 15:28

Covamalia wrote:Just need lap counts and fastest lap setters and times (Dan again? Or was it really such a bad week for him that he didnt even get one?)

He didn't get any, I didn't add them because I was unsure who got Monza and Indy.
0x

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 14 May 2015, 16:07

If I can add up correctly the scores so far with the worst week dropped so far are:

PJ - 147
Nic - 128
Dan - 121
Neil - 107
Chris - 103
Craig - 84
ejay - 53
pwoodg - 31
Don - 28
Mooogle - 2
0x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.