• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion about anything related to Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa.
RaceProUK
Name: Dave Morley
Car No: 149
Team: Red Scarf Racing
Wiki Page: RaceProUK
Steam ID: RaceProUK
Twitter: RaceProUK

Re: Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Postby RaceProUK » 13 Jul 2015, 18:11

MasterOntWolf wrote:Porsche 991 911 GT3 GTA
How does that compare to the 911 998 356 GTT BBC ITV? :lol:
1x

Covamalia
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: covamalia
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby Covamalia » 13 Jul 2015, 18:27

MasterOntWolf wrote:Porsche 991 911 GT3 GTA (Porsche nomenclature isn’t confusing at all…)

Not at all confusing. It means it's the 991st VW Beetle model design ever (they don't call it a Beetle any more, just a 911 as Beetle was confusing to people living near actual beetles) that was released under regulations written for Gran Turismo 3 and also is in-game DLC for Grand Theft Auto.
Seriously, who can't figure that out ;)
1x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 13 Jul 2015, 20:33

Pretty sure there's no such thing as a 'GTA' in the 911 family. And of course it's confusing when they use the internal Porsche designation as well as the model number, every car would be! AMG Mercedes-Benz W202 C36 M104 anyone? ;)
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 13 Jul 2015, 23:08

1x
Have fun.

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 24 Jul 2015, 14:17

For some reason AC is completely fucking my new monitor. The monitor says the recommended resolution is 1600x900 but if I set ACs resolution to that it won't start. It won't start unless I leave the resolution at what it was. But after a few laps the monitor loses signal and won't show anything unless I unplug it and plug it in again. At which point AC decides to resize the screen so I only get about half of it. Anyone else having problems like this?
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 31 Jul 2015, 16:16

0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 31 Jul 2015, 16:20

I guess it is still technically July.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 31 Jul 2015, 20:52

PSA: Right now, you could buy the utterly broken mess game that pCARS is, or - for less than that, you could get Assetto Corsa (incl. DreamPack), Formula Truck 2013 AND Stock Car Extreme (incl. all the content announced in the fundraiser recently)

Get ready for 2016, everyone! :)
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 01 Aug 2015, 03:28

Thoughts on the new cars, guys?

Personally I think they're alright. The Toyota is boring, the Nismo is odd, the Audi is alright, and the Lambo is heavy and... heavy. The little Alfa Romeo, I haven't tried that.

The track, Zandvoort is quite nice.
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 01 Aug 2015, 08:01

So my inbox has told me that this is half price right now. Whilst the computer is too naff to play it, is it still worth getting at this time with that reduction?
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 01 Aug 2015, 09:29

craighypheno wrote:So my inbox has told me that this is half price right now. Whilst the computer is too naff to play it, is it still worth getting at this time with that reduction?

I'll direct you to what Björn said a couple of posts ago:

shaxberd wrote:PSA: Right now, you could buy the utterly broken mess game that pCARS is, or - for less than that, you could get Assetto Corsa (incl. DreamPack), Formula Truck 2013 AND Stock Car Extreme (incl. all the content announced in the fundraiser recently)

Get ready for 2016, everyone! :)

So Yes. Buy it.
0x
Have fun.

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 01 Aug 2015, 11:26

JoeNathan wrote:Thoughts on the new cars, guys?

Personally I think they're alright. The Toyota is boring, the Nismo is odd, the Audi is alright, and the Lambo is heavy and... heavy. The little Alfa Romeo, I haven't tried that.

The track, Zandvoort is quite nice.

Yep, the track's really nice & good fun, really enjoyed the laps we did yesterday.

As for the cars, the Toyota and the Mito were brilliant IMHO - roadcars, sure, but keeping that in mind, it's great fun in a trackday/tourist drive way.
The GT-R is odd, yeah. Kind of a racecar trying to be a roadcar and not quite making either ;) The Lambo's close to undriveable, as expected. Haven't tried the Audi(s) too much.

craighypheno wrote:So my inbox has told me that this is half price right now. Whilst the computer is too naff to play it, is it still worth getting at this time with that reduction?

Well, to be fair, this is pretty much AC's standard discount when on a daily deal in major sales (xmas/easter/spring etc) so it'll definitely be available at that price again. You might just find yourself having to wait for the next sale once you want it ;)
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 01 Aug 2015, 12:04

So... No idea why my FFB has gone like it has.

Having completely reinstalled the game clean, and deleted my Logitech profile, the out-of-the-box default settings for the G27 cause some horrid issues.

When stationary and I turn the wheel slowly, the wheel mechanism GRINDS. Oh it sounds horrible. This doesn't happen when I'm stationary and turn the wheel quickly, but there is a high level of resistance.

At speed it's not too bad, but over the curbs and when spinning through the gravel, the level of shudder and clipping and just noise is horrendous.

So in the controller settings advanced tab, I've turned the gain down to 80% (I tried 0% and there was just no feeling whatsoever)
I've turned the filter right up to 100% (as the tool tip says it evens out FFB spikes)
Minimum force I have no idea what it does as there's no tooltip, so that's just on 12% which is default I believe.

I've had to reduce curb effects to 50% just so the wheel doesn't shake the entire desk house when i dip a wheel over a curb.
After all that it's still not great so in ever car I drive I have to go into the setup, general tab and turn the FFB down to 80%.

Not ideal but at least now the FFB is drivable and gives some sort of useful responses.

If anyone has a G27 setup that doesn't sound like a badly played violin and feel like a landslide, please let me know.

ANYWAY.

The Toyota GT86 is lovely, but then it's a favourite of mine and it's lovely in real life. The MiTo is also very nice and quite quick for what it is.
No idea what's up with the Nissan GT-R Nismo. It never feels like you're in control of it. Braking distances are 3 times what you think they should be, any acceleration just throws the car out. I had to turn TC and ABS on just to being the car under some sort of control, and even then the feeling of control is debatable.

I then tried the GT86 with factory settings (ie, TC and ABS), and it does make you understand why road cars have these things. I know it may sound sacrilege, but they almost felt nicer to drive with the driving aids on. And the fact that these cars have these things in real life made me feel less guilty about using them. Road cars tend to feel dreadful in games anyway, and maybe that's why. I've always defaulted to turning the driving aids off on cars that they can't actually be turned off in.

I have no interest in the Audi and the Miura was awful on Forza 4 and I don't expect it to be any better here, so I'll just leave that untouched forever.

Zandvoort it great, though. Really nice. I hear it's one of the very few circuits in the game that hasn't been laser scanned, but whatever, it looks and feels like Zandvoort. Actually, it looks more real than any other game I've played it in. It feels narrower, the run-off areas look like they have the slopes and elevation they appear to have in real life (I've never been, but watched plenty of races from there). The gravel traps are steep. The grass is long and unkempt (which, lets face it, is how all race tracks actually look unless F1 rolls into town), and they've captured the essence of the sand dunes the track is built on and around. The textures have that scrubby, next-to-the-beach look. And the lighting reflects that bleak, North Sea coast feel, even on the happiest, sunniest, brightest day.
0x
Have fun.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 01 Aug 2015, 15:23

ajokay wrote:Minimum force I have no idea what it does as there's no tooltip, so that's just on 12% which is default I believe.

The minimum force is the lowest signal it sends to your wheel. The idea being that you need a certain amount of force to overcome friction in it. It's supposed to help with 'feel' when near enough straight. Too high, and you get the FFB trying to bounce you left/right in a straight line. Though that doesn't sound like the problem you're getting.
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 01 Aug 2015, 18:04

I've been trying to do some online and no matter what server I go on it says unable to connect to server, any ideas?
0x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 02 Aug 2015, 10:49

Got it working.
1x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 02 Aug 2015, 13:31

Just had a quick go in the new motors. The GT86 is as lovely as you'd expect, and I think they'd be great fun to race. The MiTo was nice if a little dull, and everyone's right about the GT-R NISMO — not a fan of that at all.

Tried the Miura because unlike Alex, that was probably my favourite car of our Forza 4 time, and it's absolutely lethal. I've never had a car oversteer so much on so little throttle, and because it's mid-engined and had no thought given to things like weight distribution any oversteer is pretty much impossible to correct. It's really tough but very rewarding, thought quite what a car with zero racing pedigree or sporting pretensions whatsoever is doing on this game I don't know.

The best car by far is the Audi Sport quattro. In fact I think this maybe one of the best base cars in the game. It drives exactly how I expected it would drive, and that's absolutely a good thing. Because it's a quattro there is of course all sorts of issues with understeer because the engine is so far forward, but I quickly realised than you can basically be super-aggressive on the brakes, flick the car around and adjust the angle as you wish before nailing the throttle and flying off to the next corner to do it all again. It's absolutely wonderful.

2x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Postby pyjames91 » 03 Aug 2015, 10:36

I just found out that the Audi Sport Quattro was a mod that Kunos decided to make official content. It's not the first time that they have done this but It's still a fantastic thing to do.
1x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 03 Aug 2015, 10:38

Well then, kudos to Kunos for that! ;)
0x

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Postby Icthyes » 03 Aug 2015, 12:49

Is there a Mila Kunis mod?
4x

SpeedingViper
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Luke mason
Car No: 68
Team: Two Tone eSports
Steam ID: SpeedingViper

Postby SpeedingViper » 18 Sep 2015, 08:10

I'm guessing that we need all the dlc for racing here on AC
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 18 Sep 2015, 09:19

Sometimes, yeah - obviously, the Dream Pack, for example, will be required when we run the Nordschleife or in case we ever want to go for a McLaren F1 season because we've all gone mad.

And while there certainly will be events on vanilla tracks, you'll still be required to own the Dream Pack if the event caters to GT3 racing because of the Nissan GT-R GT3 being part of the DLC and the way AC handles DLC content (AC's "you have to own it to see it" vs. R3E's "you have to own it to drive it").

However, the DLC is quite good value for money, so you should get it anyway ;)
1x

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 26 Sep 2015, 23:56

No idea where to put this, but check it out if you wish. It's a league race in an F1 car @ Suzuka where I'm kind of off the pace. It's still quite interesting.

Thanks!
1x

Dragonsyoung
Name: Alex holm
Car No: 759
Team: CRA , Clean Racers Association

Postby Dragonsyoung » 28 Sep 2015, 18:55

A club race mate of mine would like to join in for this weeks event.
Can he join in with out making a forum account?

His name is Racert46.
He is a founder of CRA club and has much experience.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 28 Sep 2015, 20:10

Dragonsyoung wrote:A club race mate of mine would like to join in for this weeks event.
Can he join in with out making a forum account?

His name is Racert46.
He is a founder of CRA club and has much experience.

No.
1x
Have fun.