• 15/12/2019 GEARS VIII: Spa | 20/12/2019 SE: Crashmas

Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

All discussion regarding the eighth season of Really Rubbish Racing - a season of Asian touring cars raced primarily in Japan.
User avatar
ajokay
Original Boss
Posts: 12028
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85
Location: Herts, UK
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby ajokay » 03 Jan 2013, 14:41

I had aimed to keep it black. It's a number plate sponsor and should be kept the same really
0x
Have fun.

User avatar
blairy20
Posts: 2314
Name: Liam Blair
Car No: 11
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: blairy20
Twitter: blairy20
Location: Hull

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby blairy20 » 03 Jan 2013, 14:59

pjtierney2003 wrote:
blairy20 wrote:Also, does anyone know if #11 has been taken? I wants it!

You've had 11 for the last 6 months ;)


Haha, brilliant! I knew I asked for it when I joined up but was never made aware it was mine.

Happy days!
0x
Image

User avatar
ajokay
Original Boss
Posts: 12028
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85
Location: Herts, UK
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby ajokay » 03 Jan 2013, 15:33

You've got your own wiki page now too!
0x
Have fun.

User avatar
nOc75
Posts: 1110
Name: Niall O'Connell
Car No: 75
Team: Westlander, PSP
Location: Pub

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby nOc75 » 03 Jan 2013, 16:44

Matts got the PSP livery all sorted, and i've just finished the main sponsor for my Clio :D

That looks simple enough i thought. 7 hrs later.... If anyone else has done the same thing i think i'm gonna, i'm gonna, well, do pretty much do fuck all about it.
0x

User avatar
blairy20
Posts: 2314
Name: Liam Blair
Car No: 11
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: blairy20
Twitter: blairy20
Location: Hull

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby blairy20 » 03 Jan 2013, 17:22

ajokay wrote:You've got your own wiki page now too!


A wiki page you say?! I've only just fathomed out how to do basic liveries :P
0x
Image

User avatar
Boovolari
Original 8
Posts: 4127
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby Boovolari » 03 Jan 2013, 20:48

Having seen our new livery on both the Honda (which we originally wanted) and the Hyundai, I actually think the Veloster is the better looking car. Lop-sided and kinda mean looking, Forrest Whitaker style. :)

Can't wait to race these. Had a very brief run on the most up to date tune this morning and its great fun.

I agree with Tommy that Motegi West is a bit dull, even if it works properly. Assuming the problem is still there, Fujimi Kaido would make a brilliant replacement. We've waited to race there for far too long.
0x

User avatar
SHOUTY
Original 8
Posts: 913
Name: Jamie Hunt
Car No: 16
Team: Concordskii Motorфлот
Steam ID: Shoutyskii
Twitter: @Shoutyskii #BeatPJ
Location: Wrexham (yeah... its for work)
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby SHOUTY » 03 Jan 2013, 20:52

Bookoi wrote:I agree with Tommy that Motegi West is a bit dull, even if it works properly. Assuming the problem is still there, Fujimi Kaido would make a brilliant replacement. We've waited to race there for far too long.


Yes! A Fujimi Kaido race would be this season's equivalent of Amalfi from season 2... except better.
0x
Image
Copying other people since 1995

User avatar
Covamalia
Posts: 4542
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: covamalia
Twitter: @bmgh85
Location: Halifax, UK

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby Covamalia » 03 Jan 2013, 21:09

Would love a Fujimi Kaido race! Would be epicness of epic proportions :D
0x
Image
Image

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby smifaye » 03 Jan 2013, 21:13

That track is still up in the air. Not because of the issue we had last time because i think that was a thing specific to that day, but because the cars might not work great round there. I'm looking into it still
0x

User avatar
TommyWTF1
Original 8
Posts: 2340
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby TommyWTF1 » 03 Jan 2013, 21:17

The Indypendables livery is looking rather epic I must say.
0x
Image

User avatar
PJTierney
Posts: 5872
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney
Location: Windsor, UK
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby PJTierney » 03 Jan 2013, 21:31

smifaye wrote:That track is still up in the air. Not because of the issue we had last time because i think that was a thing specific to that day, but because the cars might not work great round there. I'm looking into it still

We raced the Clios round there last night.


zzzzzz....
0x
Image

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

User avatar
D0n M4730
Posts: 2691
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby D0n M4730 » 03 Jan 2013, 22:20

pjtierney2003 wrote:
smifaye wrote:That track is still up in the air. Not because of the issue we had last time because i think that was a thing specific to that day, but because the cars might not work great round there. I'm looking into it still

We raced the Clios round there last night.


zzzzzz....


Yeah, we didn't encounter the frame rate problem, but the track is just boring, and really a bit too short. I know this is meant to be an Asian series, but I'd replace this with either Silverstone National (which after all is an actual touring car track), Nurburgring Short or Mugello Club.
0x

User avatar
Ratonedge
Posts: 1981
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR
Location: Arctic Circle

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby Ratonedge » 03 Jan 2013, 22:26

Either of the shorter Silverstone tracks are BTCCers, I'd prefer the middle one as it is longer and generally better.
(also Anthony Reid threatened to punch Matt Neal there which is just lolz)
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.


Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby smifaye » 03 Jan 2013, 22:41

Silverstone won't feature because it features in almost every season, if not all of them! Lol.

Don't worry I have got it sorted ;)

Oh and the clio livery is done, details of that will now be released tomorrow evening along with the livery so you can get painting.
0x

User avatar
DanThorn
Posts: 5316
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Re: Season 8 Announcement

Postby DanThorn » 03 Jan 2013, 22:43

I like Motegi west. I like that it's short and that there are two definite an very different lines in to the first corners. It might be boring to drive but it generates good racing (the S2000 race was a cracker) and if frame rate is fine I'd like to race there. It needs to be tested with a good 9 or 10 people though as te issue generally arises when there's lots of cars on track.
0x
Image

User avatar
Ratonedge
Posts: 1981
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR
Location: Arctic Circle

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby Ratonedge » 03 Jan 2013, 22:53

Just no Birmingham SuperPrix style race round Positano ;)
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.


Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

User avatar
PJTierney
Posts: 5872
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney
Location: Windsor, UK
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby PJTierney » 03 Jan 2013, 23:07

Tsukuba Short :)
0x
Image

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

User avatar
Ratonedge
Posts: 1981
Car No: 5
Team: ATTK Motorsport - NMR
Location: Arctic Circle

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby Ratonedge » 03 Jan 2013, 23:09

Or actual Suckyouba...
0x
Covamalia wrote:
Who do you see as your main rivals?
Ratboy, who will be going very fast but slowly.


Ratonedge wrote:also I am never racing Sedona again. fucking god awful abomination of a place

User avatar
TommyWTF1
Original 8
Posts: 2340
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby TommyWTF1 » 04 Jan 2013, 10:33

Ratonedge wrote:Positano


Image
0x
Image

User avatar
Boovolari
Original 8
Posts: 4127
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby Boovolari » 04 Jan 2013, 10:34

STR TommyB wrote:
Ratonedge wrote:Positano


Image

Image
0x

User avatar
TommyWTF1
Original 8
Posts: 2340
Car No: 33
Team: The Indypendables
Steam ID: TommyWTF1
Twitter: TommyWTF1
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby TommyWTF1 » 04 Jan 2013, 10:42

Positano
0x
Image

User avatar
FlavouryRug
Original 8
Posts: 1443
Team: 1FR / Jayvoury
Twitter: BarnabyDove

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby FlavouryRug » 04 Jan 2013, 10:55

Every season should have one Positano race ;)

Mainly for Pete.
0x
Image

User avatar
ajokay
Original Boss
Posts: 12028
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85
Location: Herts, UK
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby ajokay » 04 Jan 2013, 11:43

It's a little known fact that the initial idea for the OSCAR season was 24 races around Positano in the Lancia 037.
0x
Have fun.

User avatar
PJTierney
Posts: 5872
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney
Location: Windsor, UK
Contact:

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby PJTierney » 04 Jan 2013, 12:45

If the weights are right, hopefully we'll be using these Advan rims this season (Advan is a Yokohama brand), they book pretty sweet :)

Image

(and no, I haven't started on my livery yet)
0x
Image

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

User avatar
nOc75
Posts: 1110
Name: Niall O'Connell
Car No: 75
Team: Westlander, PSP
Location: Pub

Re: Season 8 Announcement - Nihon Tour

Postby nOc75 » 04 Jan 2013, 13:01

3 spoke. No. No. Never. Ever.
0x


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

 

cron