• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

Driveclub

Discussion about anything related to other racing games not covered by the forums above or racing games in general, including but not limited to hardware discussions, guides and the like.
Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Re: Driveclub

Postby Icthyes » 03 Mar 2015, 17:27

I had some credit left over after trading in a bunch of games and pre-ordering another and it was very slightly over the price of Driveclub, so after Adam recommended I get it I decided to go ahead.

And for the price of £20/free, it's great fun. It takes a few races to get used to the handling and the arcade nature (super mega ultimate brakes) but once you get into the swing of things it becomes a joy to play. The in-race challenges are a great way to keep things fresh when ploughing through events, sometimes you have to achieve a certain lap time, an average speed or follow the racing line as perfectly as possible (and drifting, but you can ignore that).

And the free DLC is still free, so there's a bunch of extra races and cars to be nabbed for free.
0x

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 03 Mar 2015, 17:30

Sounds good! Got reduced alot since it's release then... Would you say it would be better than Grand Turismo 6? or not up to the job.
Is it true their are no circuits just road racing?
0x
ImageImage

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 03 Mar 2015, 19:17

There are a few circuits but they're woefully under used. Most of the racing takes place on mountain roads.

I really enjoyed it to a point but once I reached the final tier of cars it became unplayable. The tracks are too small for the speed of the big stuff, and the AI becomes very aggressive and does that wonderful 'stick to the line regardless' thing. Stick to the lower classes however and it's a really, really good game, though I've not played it for a while because it's heavily focused towards online racing and I'm not really into that. Completely different style of game to GT6 so you can't really compare them.
0x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 24 Jun 2015, 07:52

The 'free' PS+ version of this is actually happening, and goes live today. Worth a look if you haven't already.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 19 Aug 2015, 08:46

An imminent update adds some new track variations, new wheel support, bug fixes and...

The RenaultSport RS.01 ?!

0x
Have fun.

PJTierney
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney

Postby PJTierney » 19 Aug 2015, 12:36

Apparently Driveclub has been pretty good on the car DLC front, with a number of new cars making their "digital debut".
0x

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 19 Aug 2015, 13:45

There's an absolute shit-tonne of DLC for it. Anyone who bought the season pass got a brilliant deal, especially with how cheap the base game is now. I only wish they'd put some proper tracks in it.
0x

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 28 Oct 2015, 10:28

0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 22 Mar 2016, 17:30

0x
Have fun.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 22 Mar 2016, 17:40

What a shame, it's the most fun driving game I've played on the current generation of consoles, there's a ton of content and it's been well supported. I guess the dreadful launch didn't help but consoles need more stuff like Driveclub, not less.
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 22 Mar 2016, 17:40

Guess we can give up hope of another proper Motorstorm game then.

edit: I am annoyed at this though. Motorstorm was and is one of the best racing games of the last console cycle.

0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 22 Mar 2016, 18:39

Heard about this today, sad to see another development studio get shuttered so soon after Lionhead. I didn't know anyone at Evolution but I admired what they did to turn Driveclub around post-launch.
0x

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby Icthyes » 22 Mar 2016, 19:20

Driveclub was the best racing game I've played since Forza 4. Very disappointing for Sony to throw them under the bus.
0x

PJTierney

Postby PJTierney » 11 Apr 2016, 10:52

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ub-dev-evo

Codemasters has picked up Evolution Studios - and in the process turned the once PlayStation-exclusive developer multiplatform.

Last month Sony announced the closure of Cheshire-based Evolution Studios, leaving the future of Driveclub - and the jobs of its developers - in doubt.

Now, Codemasters, maker of the Dirt and Grid series of games, has rescued Evo, maker of Driveclub and MotorStorm. Codemasters said the acquisition makes it the world's largest racing-focused games company.
0x

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby Icthyes » 11 Apr 2016, 12:43

Sony will still retain the rights to Driveclub though.
0x