• 27/10/2019 - CLASH VI: Sugo | 10/11/2019 - Formula GEARS: Zandvoort | 17/11/2019 Special Event 72: TBA

How to keep your wheels under the car.

Discussion about anything related to other racing games not covered by the forums above or racing games in general, including but not limited to hardware discussions, guides and the like.
Gill
Name: Robert Culshaw
Steam ID: Gillbirb

How to keep your wheels under the car.

Postby Gill » 10 Jul 2018, 12:22

Hey there guys and gals!

So I'm like stupidly new to racing games. I mean, like think of the most amateur racer you can - they're better than me right now. Lem, much to her credit, has been doing her level best to keep me on course and to try and help me with my ability to drive and move a car around, but I also don't really want to have to start paying her a wage by capitalising her time way too much!

So I was wondering if anyone here may have any advice to give, ideally something that can be read while i'm slacki- I mean... during downtime in work? And I'm talking absolute beginner level. Like - right now - nothing is too patronising.

It's also beneficial so that I'm not a danger on the track when it comes to races! Unless it's Wreckfest in which case I guess that's ideal?

Thanks! :D
0x

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Re: How to keep your wheels under the car.

Postby MasterOntWolf » 10 Jul 2018, 14:30

Gill wrote:So I was wondering if anyone here may have any advice to give, ideally something that can be read while i'm slacki- I mean... during downtime in work? And I'm talking absolute beginner level. Like - right now - nothing is too patronising.
Thanks! :D

Don't worry Rob we were all newbies at one time and any driver that says they know all they need to know is fooling themselves. Here are a few websites I have used over the years to improve my driving and still refer to today to try and improve my craft. Also if you have time and want to run some laps just post that you will be on the server and I'm sure myself or some other members would be happy to join and run some laps with you to try and help you improve. The websites below should help get you started. I would also suggest not to make any changes to the car until you can run consistent with the default setup no matter what track you are running.

Driver 61 - Drivers University
TurnFast
DrivingFast

Also there is a seat open here at Howler Racing should you need a team to drive for in events or series. We are always happy to bring in rookie drivers. Helps myself and Matt look like a better drivers....LOL :lol:
1x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

dApril

Re: How to keep your wheels under the car.

Postby dApril » 05 Nov 2018, 08:16

Oh cool, these guides are very useful, thanks!
0x