• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

iRacing

Discussion about anything related to other racing games not covered by the forums above or racing games in general, including but not limited to hardware discussions, guides and the like.
camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Re: iRacing

Postby camp_bell » 04 Dec 2019, 22:53

OK let's bring this thread back from the dead again since everything gets buried on the Discord.

I subscribed to iRacing a few months ago (though got distracted quicly) and @shaxberd just took advantage of the Black Friday sale as well. I know some people here are/have been part of the iRacing scene so maybe we could pool coordinate things as I think I could get much more into iRacing as part of the RR community.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 04 Dec 2019, 23:24

0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Postby MasterOntWolf » 14 Dec 2019, 18:50

camp_bell wrote:OK let's bring this thread back from the dead again since everything gets buried on the Discord.

I subscribed to iRacing a few months ago (though got distracted quicly) and @shaxberd just took advantage of the Black Friday sale as well. I know some people here are/have been part of the iRacing scene so maybe we could pool coordinate things as I think I could get much more into iRacing as part of the RR community.

I have been running iracing for some time now and could get into this. Perhaps we should start a new thread with a pole to see who would be interested in something like this.
0x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 24 Mar 2020, 16:00

Does anyone fancy having a crack at the 24 hours of the Nurburgring at the end of April, since we'll probably still be in lockdown then...
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 04 May 2020, 10:25

Anyone else seen the anger going around in the community over the Llando and Indy car drivers esport racing? Basically a French Indycar driver binned Llando into the wall at indiapolis following an incident.

Might spark a bit of a debate but these reactions from the sim racing community and pro drivers that have been going on are ridiculous!
Yeah what happened was super childish but its not like it's real? It is just a game...

Your thoughts?
0x
ImageImage

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby Mike Bell » 04 May 2020, 10:45

GremlinWon wrote:Yeah what happened was super childish but its not like it's real? It is just a game...

Your thoughts?

Game or not its still a competition at the end of the say so certain standards should be adhered to, other people have been banned from iRacing for doing what Pagenaud did, and it really does spoil it for the drivers and people watching to see the race end when a backmarker deliberately takes out the leader. People classify it as 'just a game', but its still requiring time and effort, and to just screw someone over like that is a high degree of scumbaggery.
2x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 04 May 2020, 11:41

The current pandemic is really showing me who is a genuine nice person and who is a genuine bad egg. Racing drivers are not excluded from this. Pagenaud was a bit of a dick for doing that.

And ferrucci is a mega dick for doing it in F2 real life, denying it, being banned, issuing a non-apology before being picked up by IndyCar, and now he's done it all over again in the virtual world. The guy is just a bellend who shouldn't be allowed in a racing car.

And no it's not just a game. This is a hobby and a genuine passion for some people, especially those of us who have a desire to go racing but don't have the money for actual cars.

This entire club was set up because we were sick of racing randoms online who just start crashing because it's "just a game". Fuck those guys.

Sim racing is the only kind of racing we have right now. So for professional racing drivers to agree to actively take part in it as they have no other option right now, only to purposely crash, wreck and then claim it's only a game?

No. Those people are bad eggs. We do not need them.
3x
Have fun.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 04 May 2020, 12:55

It doesn't matter whether it takes place on a real track or a virtual one, it's still racing at the end of the day. This has been an opportunity for the sim racing world and for some series to really do some good and promote some positivity during these times.

The problem with IndyCar's competition is that it was taking itself just as seriously as it would a real IndyCar season, but without the officiating. Other series such as Supercars have not, and have brushed it off when they have absolute mayhem at the start of races because of an invitational NASCAR driver not knowing how to do a standing start during a fully-reversed grid race.

I'm not even surprised Ferrucci did that. I was surprised a driver like Pagenaud behaved the way he did. I don't think Norris adding fuel to the fire has been good too, while I feel O'Ward driving into Ericsson was an honest rookie mistake.

Either way, there is zero justification for the way Ferrucci and Pagenaud behaved. At the end of the day, they were still representing their teams, their sponsors and their series that day. It was totally shameful.

At the end of the day, who actually benefitted from that pathetic behaviour? If that happened here, you would expect to have the rulebook thrown at you. I get plenty irate enough from people behaving like that during Wreckfest nights.

If it was just a game, then a race on a live track is just a race. That's not an excuse.
1x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 04 May 2020, 13:57

While I do just see it as a game, it is also an extension to my real world racing hobby and fun so I want to do well, have fun, etc.. Wrecking others and so on isn't any of those things. Rules in real motorsport are there for the fairness and fun for everyone. Same applies to the virtual world.

I've really enjoyed watching Jenson in the Racing All Stars Series where there looks to have been some really good racing. I can't say I have watched much virtual racing or any other form of racing though... I've been building a sprint car and watching friends instead. :lol: Chris Harris' Whiskey Files on instagram stories has also been really interesting to watch too which is how I even heard about all this mess.

I don't think there is a defence for this type of behaviour and does make you question their mental state particularly in this instance where they are racing seriously as it's their job (I believe they were paid to sim race and represent sponsors?) and then purposely wreck Llando for all to see.
That said, Craigs post with the VASC made me laugh and entertained me. Some of the drivers did too judging from the grinning. This is partly why millions of people flock to watch motorsport. (Maybe not NASCAR drivers failing at reverse grid pole, but carnage and battles which inebitably end in tears).
0x
ImageImage

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby Mike Bell » 04 May 2020, 14:54

Some people, like the V8 guys, and the the race race people (anyone who didnt see the DTM eSports Classic Challenge at Zolder should go re-watch, they really missed out) seem to be really enjoying it. The indy series seems to be bringing out the worst in some people, like Ferruci and Pagenaud, but does have some real gems in it aswell, I would highly reccomend watching Conor Daly's streams to see someone genuinely having a good time with it all.
1x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 04 May 2020, 19:35

If they want to wreck each other, they really should get on Wreckfest. I mean who wouldn't watch that?
0x
Have fun.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 05 May 2020, 08:52

ajokay wrote:If they want to wreck each other, they really should get on Wreckfest. I mean who wouldn't watch that?

I am hoping Charles Leclerc decides to do his lawnmower racing on there rather than Assetto Corsa...
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.