• 15/12/2019 GEARS VIII: Spa | 20/12/2019 SE: Crashmas

Asian track vote

All discussion regarding the second season of Formula 1 - a calendar comprised largely of Asian venues

Choose the 4 other tracks to race at

Australia
9
16%
Malaysia
10
18%
Monaco
10
18%
Canada
2
4%
Britain
0
No votes
Hungary
8
14%
Belgium
6
11%
Italy
2
4%
Abu Dhabi
7
13%
Brazil
2
4%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 06 Dec 2011, 14:27

There are going to be 10 races this season and I've decided that 6 of the tracks are going to be:

Japan
Turkey
China
Korea
India
Singapore

That leaves 4 more tracks to chose. I suggest that we race at Abu Dhabi, Australia and Malaysia with Monaco on top for a juicy treat. 6 gives us a nice Asian feel as it is the asian series after all, but I'd ideally like more. So please do bare that in mind.

As the polls only allow 10 options, I've got rid of Spain, Europe, and Germany. The first two because no one likes them and people didn't warm to Germany.

Please make sure you say your choices
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 06 Dec 2011, 14:30

I've voted for Australia, Monaco, Hungary and Abu Dhabi. 1st because Australia is almost asia, Monaco is an awesome challenge, Hungary is completely different and Abu Dhabi IS asia.

Your turn
0x

User avatar
tomcheesey
Original 8
Posts: 432
Team: CheeseyRug Racing
Location: South-East, UK.

Re: Asian track vote

Postby tomcheesey » 06 Dec 2011, 14:34

I've voted for Malaysia because its an Asian calendar, Monaco because its a real challenge and should provide an interesting race, Hungary because its an awesome track we are yet to race at, and Abu Dhabi because its an Asian calendar!
0x
Image

User avatar
SHOUTY
Original 8
Posts: 913
Name: Jamie Hunt
Car No: 16
Team: Concordskii Motorфлот
Steam ID: Shoutyskii
Twitter: @Shoutyskii #BeatPJ
Location: Wrexham (yeah... its for work)
Contact:

Re: Asian track vote

Postby SHOUTY » 06 Dec 2011, 14:39

I chose Abu Dhabi because it's in Asia.

Hungary as we haven't raced there.

Spa because it's Spa (also next to nobody finished it last time).

Monaco because we haven't done it.
0x
Image
Copying other people since 1995

User avatar
PJTierney
Posts: 5872
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney
Location: Windsor, UK
Contact:

Re: Asian track vote

Postby PJTierney » 06 Dec 2011, 14:45

Australia and Malaysia because they fit in with the theme of the series well.

Brazil and Canada because they're both solid circuits.
0x
Image

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

Superdelphinus
Posts: 518

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Superdelphinus » 06 Dec 2011, 15:38

Malaysia (one of them had to be in Asia! And it's a great track), Monaco (it's Monaco), spa (if spa is an option it has to be chosen), brazil (usually have great races there)
0x

User avatar
ajokay
Original Boss
Posts: 12028
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85
Location: Herts, UK
Contact:

Re: Asian track vote

Postby ajokay » 06 Dec 2011, 16:43

Australia now play international football in the AFC (Asian Football Confederation). So lets just say it is actually in Asia.

Guess they got bored of trashing Fiji, American Samoa, and New Zealand month-in, month-out
0x
Have fun.

User avatar
PJTierney
Posts: 5872
Name: PJ Tierney
Car No: 45
Team: Goteki House
Wiki Page: PJ
Twitter: @PJ_Tierney
Location: Windsor, UK
Contact:

Re: Asian track vote

Postby PJTierney » 06 Dec 2011, 17:09

ajokay wrote:Guess they got bored of trashing Fiji, American Samoa, and New Zealand month-in, month-out

And then wondering why their FIFA rank is so low.
0x
Image

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram

User avatar
Boovolari
Original 8
Posts: 4127
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Boovolari » 06 Dec 2011, 17:12

Malaysia - its in Asia
Hungary - its almost in Asia
Monaco - its Monaco
Belgium - its Spa

Wouldn't mind Abu Dhabi in place of Malaysia, but I like rain so Sepang edges it.

Couple of suggestions:
- there should be two non-Asia rounds at the most to ensure it really is an Asia series (we'll count Hungary as Asian in this instance!)
- the season should definitely, absolutely, certainly finish at Suzuka. For sure.
0x

Superdelphinus
Posts: 518

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Superdelphinus » 06 Dec 2011, 17:16

Spa at 9%? You people
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 06 Dec 2011, 18:57

Why is the 35 votes? 35 doesn't go into 4. Someone not choose 4 choices?
0x

User avatar
Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Posts: 2818
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Icthyes » 06 Dec 2011, 19:23

Really don't see the point of an Asia series where we might be away from Asia even once, let alone for 3 or even 4 races, so voted for the ones that actually are in Asia, plus Australia which is in Asia in football anyway (and for the reasons I stated in the discussion thread).
Last edited by Icthyes on 06 Dec 2011, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
0x

User avatar
Mr Flobadob
Posts: 1124
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Mr Flobadob » 06 Dec 2011, 20:27

Voted Australia because it's practically Asian anyway. Also Monaco, Canada and Brazil are personal favourites of mine.
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 06 Dec 2011, 23:14

Icthyes wrote:Really don't see the point of an Asia series where we might be away from Asia even once, let alone for 3 or even 4 races, so voted for the ones that actually are in Asia, plus Australia which is in Asia in football anyway (and for the reasons I stated in the discussion thread).


Well we are wanted a longer season, and the asian series came out on top. GP2 Asia series didn't stay in Asia, I know it wasn't planned though.

I'm not going to run a 6 race championship, that would be stupid. It's still very much predominantly Asian.
0x

User avatar
Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Posts: 2818
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Icthyes » 06 Dec 2011, 23:54

smifaye wrote:
Icthyes wrote:Really don't see the point of an Asia series where we might be away from Asia even once, let alone for 3 or even 4 races, so voted for the ones that actually are in Asia, plus Australia which is in Asia in football anyway (and for the reasons I stated in the discussion thread).


Well we are wanted a longer season, and the asian series came out on top. GP2 Asia series didn't stay in Asia, I know it wasn't planned though.

I'm not going to run a 6 race championship, that would be stupid. It's still very much predominantly Asian.


I haven't mentioned the 6-race idea since I first said it and yeh it was a dumb idea looking back. The other day I said 9 races (plus Sunset) would tie in nicely with real life, so I'm not bothered about it being 10 races, just thought Asia was the point of it, obviously took that a bit too literally. I guess I worded my post too harshly, sorry.

Edit: just voted for Monaco as 4th choice.
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 07 Dec 2011, 00:11

Icthyes wrote:I haven't mentioned the 6-race idea since I first said it and yeh it was a dumb idea looking back. The other day I said 9 races (plus Sunset) would tie in nicely with real life, so I'm not bothered about it being 10 races, just thought Asia was the point of it, obviously took that a bit too literally. I guess I worded my post too harshly, sorry.

Edit: just voted for Monaco as 4th choice.


No worries buddy. Yeah I think the fact that the asian races tend not to be the most thrilling to watch, hopefully will be to race, and also the fact we will have raced on three of them by the end of January I didn't just want to say "right these are the 9 tracks, you can pick one". I'm running the championship, hopefully with some help as in Season 1, but it doesn't mean I'm going to go all 1984 on your asses and control everything.
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 07 Dec 2011, 09:37

We now have 47 votes, that means someone still has only picked three options. Please select four.

And also, we have 10 people explain their votes, and 2 who haven't.
0x

User avatar
ajokay
Original Boss
Posts: 12028
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85
Location: Herts, UK
Contact:

Re: Asian track vote

Postby ajokay » 07 Dec 2011, 09:58

I voted because i'm over 18 and have the right to. I chose the 2 asian tracks, and Australia. I don't care which other track you race at. There's my explanation
0x
Have fun.

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 07 Dec 2011, 10:19

ajokay wrote:I voted because i'm over 18 and have the right to. I chose the 2 asian tracks, and Australia. I don't care which other track you race at. There's my explanation


Well Alex finally comes out of the closet
0x

mrgrieves
Posts: 115

Re: Asian track vote

Postby mrgrieves » 07 Dec 2011, 18:04

Ok i went with Australia and Malaysia for two asian rounds that i enjoy. Chose Brazil since as asian as Australia

Then i propose a F1 champion of chamipons race, Kinda like what indycar were doing in Las Vegas as the season fanally. A 100% race at the best F1 track SPA to finish the season off.

What does everyone think, could try convince smifaye to stump up a £5m jackpot? haha
0x

Superdelphinus
Posts: 518

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Superdelphinus » 07 Dec 2011, 19:50

Suzuka is a great track to drive on, probably the best, but spa is the ultimate all round circuit in terms of overtaking opportunities and everything. I should have had Masta Kink as a username
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 08 Dec 2011, 08:32

I'm going to give it till the end of the Friday (9th December) to get your votes in

You are allowed to change your vote.
0x

User avatar
Butler_F1
Posts: 1145
Team: The INDYPENDABLES
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Asian track vote

Postby Butler_F1 » 08 Dec 2011, 11:26

I picked Monaco, Brazil, Italy and Canada, i know 3 of them we raced on this season but they are epic.

Would of picked Abu Dhabi but as the 100% is there i figured id leave it. Would be happy on any of the tracks really though
0x

User avatar
RumblyLizard
Original 8
Posts: 1741
Team: Black Raptors
Twitter: sglwhite
Location: Bristol

Re: Asian track vote

Postby RumblyLizard » 08 Dec 2011, 22:38

Oz, Malaysia (sure this has to be in!) Abu Dhabi and Hungary.

To those choosing Monaco, it'll be the least fun race ever :)
0x

User avatar
smifaye
Original 8
Posts: 3148
Car No: 55
Team: Black Cats
Location: London

Re: Asian track vote

Postby smifaye » 09 Dec 2011, 11:50

Today is the last day of voting
0x


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

 

cron