• 15/12/2019 GEARS VIII: Spa | 20/12/2019 SE: Crashmas

The Lag!

All discussion regarding the third season of Really Rubbish Racing - which will use the newly-released Forza Motorsport 4
Javaguy
Original 8

The Lag!

Postby Javaguy » 16 Nov 2011, 21:11

Uh, so, yeah. Not sure what happened there. Really sorry I took you out in race 1, Rumbly. :cry: It really was just unplayable. Race 2 started out fine, lag wise, but then everything went crazy and I spent ages letting people through before I realised there was clearly no countdown timer and I was making everyone wait.

I don't think BT internet is cut out for Forza 4 >.>

Also I couldn't hear any voice chat as it stuttered and crackled and popped so for all I know you either all hate me, or there actually was no lag at all from your point of view. I saved a replay of the second race though, from my perspective! Hence wanting to stay the full distance, which was a mistake, I think.

0x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Re: The Lag!

Postby Boovolari » 16 Nov 2011, 23:23

No worries Java, it wasn't your fault. Its something that seems to be happening a little more often with the bigger grids we're running these days.

Post here for help getting those lag issues sorted out. There are things that can help/fix the problem.

I was just glad to see you back on the grid again, feels like a long, long time. ;)
0x

Ripster014

Postby Ripster014 » 17 Nov 2011, 07:57

Things happen... you were not the only one lagging, I counted 4 people from my connection. What was interesting to me was 3 of you moved from side to side and one was either jumping up and down or floating well above the track (flew right over me one time).

It is what it is hopefully you will get it all sorted out.
0x

Superdelphinus

Postby Superdelphinus » 17 Nov 2011, 08:05

Might be worth you guys testing with no mics. Annoying but lag seems to be an omnipresent feature at the moment.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 17 Nov 2011, 09:12

Javaguy was lagging slightly, Flobadob was all over the place and his microphone chat was an audio blur. Unfortunately this put paid to my first race in a colossal lag attack which I've taken a video of and will upload to youtube later on.

Everyone else seemed fine from where I was sitting, including our friends across the waters in Sweden and Canada.
0x
Have fun.

Icthyes
Blue Flag Media Team
Car No: 12
Team: The Indypendables

Postby Icthyes » 17 Nov 2011, 09:15

Superdelphinus wrote:Might be worth you guys testing with no mics. Annoying but lag seems to be an omnipresent feature at the moment.

There was lag even with no mics for one driver (Java I think).
0x

Superdelphinus

Postby Superdelphinus » 17 Nov 2011, 09:28

Yeah I think the bandwidth is shared though? Wouldn't make much of a difference if one didn't.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 17 Nov 2011, 09:50

Aside from the fact that we really really do like everyone to have a working microphone and use it. In fact it's a club rule.

If you're lagging majorly, I'd rather you were lagging and trying to communicate where you actually are, than lagging and being completely silent.
0x
Have fun.

Bazskating

Postby Bazskating » 17 Nov 2011, 11:42

when I used to be BT it was awful untill i opened the ports have you tried that?
0x

Superdelphinus

Postby Superdelphinus » 18 Nov 2011, 08:09

Ok, fair enough. Just saying because that is one thing they are reducing in the F1 patch in order to reduce lag. I know nothing!
0x

FlavouryRug
Original 8
Team: 1FR / Jayvoury
Twitter: BarnabyDove

Postby FlavouryRug » 18 Nov 2011, 10:46

Hah! And I thought I was the laggy one this season.
0x