• 22/11/2020 Formula RPM 6: Buddh | 29/11/2020 Formula RPM 7: Macau | 13/12/2020 Formula RPM 8: Suzuka

Long Time Gone

Chat about anything that isn't mentioned above.
Alexd70
Team: TK GP
Twitter: Alexd70

Long Time Gone

Postby Alexd70 » 28 Apr 2020, 00:12

Hey, I used to race on Forza with the club on Xbox 360 about 5/6 years ago and can remember having some really good times back in the day, I’m just wondering what game you guys are racing on now on the PC,

I’d imagine I’m a little bit far gone to get into any races with you guys after being completely MIA for so long and it’s really lovely to see my account still exists, hope you don’t mind a little bit of an input from me here or there on the forum,

On a side note,

If anyone remembers the ‘87 Passat B2 I had back in 2013/2014, I wrote that off on the Nurburgring In the rain hitting both sides of the barrier on the track, RIP Wallet.

Now I have an ‘86 Jetta and a crappy ‘05 Cmax as a Daily Driver.

Thanks, Alex
3x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Re: Long Time Gone

Postby camp_bell » 28 Apr 2020, 20:37

Wow this is a blast from the past!

We're racing rFactor 2 currently, an informal club race tomorrow to prepare for the next season. If you want to make a return (I think that would be a record gap between starts - SECS was my first season) you'd be more than welcome!
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Alexd70

Postby Alexd70 » 28 Apr 2020, 23:31

I’ll see what I can do, I’ll have to play with a controller until I can get myself set up,

SECS? that was with the Seat Cupras wasn’t it? I was with Connel, I couldn’t finish that season because of work giving me a ton of overtime and I have never really had contracted hours since then just the normal shifts and any shift the boss fancied me doing but I’m on furlough now, so that should help. :lol:

I just wanted to test the water make sure I wasn’t the guy they forget to delete off the website :D
0x

Goobertson
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Mike Bell
Car No: 1
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Goobertson
Twitter: mkbmikebell

Postby Goobertson » 29 Apr 2020, 00:58

Alexd70 wrote:I’ll have to play with a controller until I can get myself set up,

You wouldn't be the only one, i recon @lazaros18 can give you a hand getting it set right.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Alexd70

Postby Alexd70 » 29 Apr 2020, 10:27

Ok so just downloading RFactor 2 now and notice there’s extras for sale through steam(tracks and cars) any must haves?
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 29 Apr 2020, 20:42

For next season, the cars are a paid mod (details in the main thread) but the tracks are all default content/free mods.

For GEARS, you will need the Reiza pack for two of the tracks.

PS If you use Discord, we have a server. It's usually more active than the forums these days.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 02 May 2020, 13:33

Holy shit, "Anthony Butler with long hair", I remember you :lol:

I love seeing old faces turning up again. It's good to know we left an impression. Hope you can join us for some touring cars or rallying soon!
1x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 04 May 2020, 07:57

Alexd70 wrote:Hey, I used to race on Forza with the club on Xbox 360 about 5/6 years ago and can remember having some really good times back in the day, I’m just wondering what game you guys are racing on now on the PC.

Blimey, are you the Alex who wandered into our lobby by accident and started racing anyway and then stuck around? Amazing, that was so long ago! Welcome back!

Alexd70 wrote:I just wanted to test the water make sure I wasn’t the guy they forget to delete off the website :D
I did delete a load of inactive user names at one point, but only the ones who weren't all that nice!
1x
Have fun.

HFG Ben
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Ben Haddleton
Car No: 777
Team: Firecruiser Racing Team
Wiki Page: Covamalia
Steam ID: HFGBen
Twitter: @bmgh85

Postby HFG Ben » 06 Jul 2020, 19:18

Boovolari wrote:I love seeing old faces turning up again.

3x