• 18/08/2019 - SE71: Automobyelista | 25/08/2019 - GEARS @ Monza

Ecosia

Chat about anything that isn't mentioned above.
D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Ecosia

Postby D0n M4730 » 15 Feb 2019, 13:00

Hey guys! In case anyone's interested, I thought I'd share with you an interesting website/app I discovered recently.

It's called Ecosia, and it's a search engine that plants trees! OK, it isn't literally one click = one tree, but it works on the basis that profits from advertising revenue is invested into tree-planting and conversation projects.

I was a bit skeptical at first as this seems too good to be true, but I've done a bit of research and the company appears to be totally legit. It's an officially certified B Corp, meaning that it meets high ethical standards, and they even publish their financial results on their website.

It's available both as an extension to your web browser and as an app for phones and tablets, and it otherwise works just like Google. I've been using it on all my devices since before Christmas and I've only felt the need to use Google to look for better results a couple of times - it delivers decent results 99% of the time.

Anyway, I urge you guys to at least try it out - it's a way of helping the environment with basically zero effort involved. Here's a link to the website: https://www.ecosia.org/.
1x