Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Re: Share Your Photos!

Postby ajokay » 19 Dec 2017, 21:30

My Rum shelf (guest starring 2 bottles of @pyjames91's whiskey. @craighypheno @shaxberd

3x
Have fun.

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 04 Feb 2018, 21:21

A moving photo:

1x
Have fun.

Lin1876
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby Lin1876 » 10 Feb 2018, 20:13

4x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 10 Feb 2018, 20:32

Why would anyone risk taking their classic car to Paisley.
1x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 13 Apr 2018, 23:26

Another Cologne visitor! Nürburgring (VLN 2) & Zolder (Blancpain/Belcar) with @tonyandmargaret!

Dog Tax:
4x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Lin1876
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby Lin1876 » 21 May 2018, 22:13

TCR UK was at Knockhill last weekend. The grid was worryingly small (11 cars, one of which irreparably broke down in race 1) but the racing was very decent despite that, at least if you take out Dan Lloyd completely dominating both races.

Anyway, the most interesting thing about the event was that they ran Knockhill in reverse direction, the first time that's been done for a national series. Not only does this obviously make for new photo opportunities, the debris fences are much less intrusive since they're built for the normal direction. Thoroughly recommended. I dare say the track is a bit better in reverse too, though the hairpin as turn 1 saw a couple of potentially nasty accidents and several more serious near misses. There's really nowhere to go if it all goes wrong...

Photos! Between taking loads of picture and gradually learning what all the functions of the camera do, I think I'm getting a bit better at this photography business.

Mr Safety Car IRL was fucking incredible!
6x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

Lin1876
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby Lin1876 » 22 May 2018, 18:59

And another! The fairly magical Munich and Salzburg, though the weather was often a bit too grey and cold to really encourage photos..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KhBdBb]Image

2x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 30 Jun 2018, 22:08

Third British landscape hotspot within 12 months (you know, before travel gets unnecessarily complicated) in the books: 6 days of Cornwall (I know, I know, technically Dorset and Devon and Wiltshire and whatnot, but for us tourists, it's all Cornwall down there) in a campervan. Good stuff albeit very hot throughout the week (some clouds would've been nice both comfort- and photography-wise, but those are a dangerous thing to wish for in Britain), and a bonus meetup with @KJP93 for breakfast & a quick tour around Newquay.

Weird, fat dog.

P.S.: Pssh, @pyjames91 uploaded his Snowdonia pictures as well, if you fancy a third look at that trip - you should, they are rather brilliant.
5x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 13 Jul 2018, 11:47

pyjames91 wrote:ELMS at Spa. There were some dogs.

Meanwhile, Spa 24h track access regulations. Devastating.

0x

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 24 Jul 2018, 11:57

Here's a Google Photos album with a selection of photos I took during a couple of motorsport events - F1 mostly :)
1x

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 25 Jul 2018, 13:08

Nothing compared to the lovely photos you guys post, but I picked these up on holiday while at the Toyota Museum, and they're pretty cool. So many I could hardly choose a couple to bring back, and I accidentally forgot to buy the one that was entirely about the GT1 era and packed with high quality photos from Autosport. Maybe next time :cry:

1998 Japanese Grand Prix and the Tyrrell 022

Japan's most underrated driver?

Ukyo Katayama playing rFactor!
4x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 30 Aug 2018, 20:14

Went to the Spa 24 with @ajokay, and just slightly more than a month later, I finally got the pictures sorted, filtered and edited :)

4x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 27 Sep 2018, 21:52

So, Madeira - wonderful, beautiful place. Maybe ever so slightly overrated as (one of) the current landscape/nature hype destination, but still very much worth a visit!

3x

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby artanonim » 08 Oct 2018, 19:38

So here's me in a balaclava.

Been to the brand new local karting track and had the first taste of how is it to drive an actual, real-life racing machine. Frickin' amazing experience. Expected to take it easy, ended up doing fairly commited hotlaps by the end :P

They even generate nice little laptime graphs for every run:
2x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 09 Nov 2018, 00:15

@pyjames91 @Lin1876 @OLL1E_K - I reckon they'll email an announcement eventually, but if you haven't heard yet, Flickr will be changing the allowance for free users from 1TB to 1000 photos come January. Come February, they'll start deleting photos for users that have already exceeded that new limit.

Any alternatives out there or used by others? Amazon Drive share link, highlights to instagram only, pay for premium? :D

Bonus picture of a place I've wanted to shoot for a few months now, small roadtrip, a 6 am wakeup call and a 2.5k hike were worth it!
7x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 09 Nov 2018, 12:57

Stunning photo, Björn. Dat mist, yo!
0x
Have fun.

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby artanonim » 09 Nov 2018, 17:34

What @ajokay said, like straight from some fantasy movie :)
0x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 12 Jan 2019, 22:45

Post-Christmas/NYE/New Year's trip up North, with Finland and a bit of Estonia on the agenda - while it was good to get some proper winter in, I feel the Finnish countryside might be better in summer. Still good fun though, and Suomenlinna and, above it all, Tallinn (might prefer it over Bruges actually, need to get back there to check :D) were stunning regardless. Definitely need to get another journey to Estonia in rather sooner than later.
2x

CuruxaUK
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Niall Larner
Car No: 45
Steam ID: CuruxaUK
Twitter: @CuruxaNiall

Postby CuruxaUK » 21 Feb 2019, 23:09

Here's a random collection of photo's from when I was doing it in college part-time. I keep meaning to pick up the camera again, I've lost most of my images over the years :c

v Was for the launch of the new shape Street and Speed Triples at the Triumph garage I worked for
v Was part of the college course to take and develop a film photo. So far the only one I've done.
v And finally a poorly edited but nostalgic picture of my first geared motorbike alongside my dad's

Did I do it right?
4x
"I mean, why is life?" -Lem 2019

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 23 May 2019, 19:37

Back in July 2018, I slotted in work appointments in Augsburg around a weekend and went to have a peek at the alps in between - turns out I rather liked it, so time to take off a week (fuck off, Mark) and have a longer peek: Amazon Album, no hotlinking :(
1x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 11 Jun 2019, 20:57

Norway, yo! That's a nice country you got there, @fjordnet - though next time, maybe less driving (almost 2000km within just over 100 hours in the country for this one) and either further North (Lofoten) or to the Bergen/Stavanger area.
3x

Lin1876
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby Lin1876 » 05 Aug 2019, 21:56

I recently got very moist then quite high. I also inadvertently put Pentax's money where their mouth is and can confirm that Pentax weatherproofing is the real deal, which should come in handy on some future trip to Knockhill!

Anyway, over the 8 miles or so from Sanquhar Castle to Wanlockhead, I took pictures. I thankfully more or less succeeded in keeping the rain off the lens as I quickly had no dry anything to clear the lens with.

All the (best) pictures!

1x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 06 Aug 2019, 20:17

First outing of the new camera from a few weeks finally put through an updated (fully legit, of course) Lightroom - Spa Summer Classics!

1x

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby artanonim » 08 Sep 2019, 20:01

Spent a couple of hours at the Zaandvort circuit during the historic races - here are some shots from various spots of the track, quick and dirty selection and editing.
Unfortunately during the latest move the proper zoom lens disappeared for some reason and I couldn't find it in time before we left - a shame, but a smaller 105mm still managed to help me get decent shots.

3x