• 18/08/2019 - SE71: Automobyelista | 25/08/2019 - GEARS @ Monza

New? Say hello and introduce yourself.

Welcome to Realish Racing! If you're new, head here first, introduce yourself, and have a read of the forum and club rules. If you're not new, come here anyway to keep up with the latest news and members.
ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

New? Say hello and introduce yourself.

Postby ajokay » 12 Jul 2011, 08:45

If you're new, or even if you're not, wander in here and post a little bit about yourself so we can all get to know each other. We don't like strangers round these parts...

Anyway, I'm Ajokay, but you can call me "Boss". I founded Really Rubbish Racing along with several others. I like motorsport, cars, cartography, vexillology and astronomy.
0x
Have fun.

tomcheesey
Original 8
Team: CheeseyRug Racing

Re: New? Say hello and introduce yourself.

Postby tomcheesey » 12 Jul 2011, 12:23

I'm Tom, unsurprisingly ;). I'm 20, currently a student at university and love my motorsport: whether its watching, gaming or taking part on the odd kart track. My favourite racing circuit is Brands Hatch and my favourite games are Forza and Grid. Aside from the racing, I like to play Halo Reach and I absolutely love the Bioshock games! I'm also partial to a bit of skiing if I have the money!
0x

DamionShadows

Postby DamionShadows » 12 Jul 2011, 16:48

I'm Thomas (surprisingly) and I come here by way of F1Fanatic. I never was much into cars (other than Dodge Vipers, my all time favorite car)until I got a little known racing game called Gran Turismo 3 (where I found my second favorite car, the Ford GT40). Apart from playing racing games, I never watched any motorsports until late 2007 when everyone was talking about some kid named Lewis Hamilton, so in 2008 I started watching Formula 1 as well as LeMans and i've been hooked ever since!
0x

DanThorn
Name: Dan Thorn
Car No: 802

Postby DanThorn » 14 Jul 2011, 13:40

Hi. I'm Dan and I'm one jealous guy.

Awesome concept, awesome site and what looks like awesome racing.

I'll be back when I have the necessary hardware...
0x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Twitter: Bookoi

Postby Boovolari » 14 Jul 2011, 13:45

DanThorn wrote:Hi. I'm Dan and I'm one jealous guy.

Awesome concept, awesome site and what looks like awesome racing.

I'll be back when I have the necessary hardware...

STEP 1: Sell PS3
STEP 2: Buy Xbox 360

Job done. :D
0x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 14 Jul 2011, 13:58

Bookoi wrote:STEP 1: Sell PS3
STEP 2: Buy Xbox 360

Job done. :D

I'm quite tall so I generally skip steps. Therefore Imma go straight to step two.

I'd have had one ages ago if I didn't get a disapproving look from my girlfriend every time I mention it...
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 14 Jul 2011, 13:59

DanThorn wrote:I'd have had one ages ago if I didn't get a disapproving look from my girlfriend every time I mention it...

Ugh... It's your life! Get an xbox if you want an Xbox!

Life's too short to not buy an Xbox.
0x
Have fun.

Boovolari
Original 8

Postby Boovolari » 14 Jul 2011, 14:02

ajokay wrote:
DanThorn wrote:I'd have had one ages ago if I didn't get a disapproving look from my girlfriend every time I mention it...

Ugh... It's your life! Get an xbox if you want an Xbox!

Life's too short to not buy an Xbox.

...or to do everything your girlfriend says... :lol:

JOKE ;)
0x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 14 Jul 2011, 14:12

Ha. I'm allowed to get one when we move house, apparently. That's supposed to be August sometime but because WHSmith are a silly company, it might not be.
0x

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 14 Jul 2011, 14:20

Must...resist...temptation...to make...joke...in...bad...taste...

It's a panorama fail. I couldn't get down low enough to make it merge more seamlessly.

It's Senna's

(I think I got away with it)
0x

Javaguy
Original 8

Postby Javaguy » 15 Jul 2011, 23:43

Well, hello. I'm really not very good at Forza. I also was foolish enough to land a new web development job a couple of weeks ago that meant I negleted to do any practice at all for the last couple of races, to the pont that I bought my Class B car 15 minutes before the race began.

I feel a teensy bit guilty racing so badly when there are people who are much better who could race but I do enjoy our thursday evening jaunts and at least I can't commentate on things now my microphone is broken!

Outside of this championship but still hopefully slightly relevant to an introduction post - I'm a fairly ative member/admin of PC Gamer's steam group, so in the unlikely event anyone else plays PC Games you should totally come along! /plug.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8

Postby Boovolari » 16 Jul 2011, 07:41

Javaguy wrote:I feel a teensy bit guilty racing so badly when there are people who are much better who could race but I do enjoy our thursday evening jaunts and at least I can't commentate on things now my microphone is broken!

I just ran a sophisticated computer analysis and the results were conclusive: Javaguy rules.

Do not feel guilty :)
0x

Mr E 004
Team: ART
Twitter: @Mr_E004

Postby Mr E 004 » 18 Jul 2011, 16:11

Hello all,

I'm Mr E 004 (xbox tag) or @mrelyfe (twitter), also known as Ian.

I found this on F1Fanatic and a had a very productive afternoon looking through the associated pages of the mediaWiki and it was awesome.

I think it's fantastic and I really want in as soon as possible.

Although it's dependant on how I do when I start playing forza again now!!

Great plan and I hope the green and black cars of e-Motoring can grace the competition soon.
0x
ART And DUREX, Together Proving Coming Last Isn't A Bad Thing!

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 18 Jul 2011, 21:26

Hello Mr E! Although thanks for adding your actual name, Ian. Green and black, now there's a colour combination we don't have at the moment. Instantly conjours up memories of the MG touring cars and the X-Power LMP they put our back sometime in the early-mid noughties!

Glad you're enjoying the main site, that's what it was intended for, and you'll be able to join in should you become a full time member!

Places for season 2 seem to be filling up fast, but that's good because hopefully there will be enough for a second tier with a further 8-or-so drivers, which would be a good expansion for the RAWRRR championship.
0x
Have fun.

Mr E 004
Team: ART

Postby Mr E 004 » 19 Jul 2011, 11:47

Don't expect anything too clever and retro when it comes to my colour scheme, I already have something like it on most of my cars, and it certainly doesn't hark back to the days you're talking about.

I'll get on Forza and the laptop when i get home tonight and try and get some pictures of my cars uploaded to a page on here somewhere.

But I do not promise anything of the quality you guys have been producing thus far.
0x
ART And DUREX, Together Proving Coming Last Isn't A Bad Thing!

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 19 Jul 2011, 13:42

Mr E 004 wrote:But I do not promise anything of the quality you guys have been producing thus far.

That's what everyone said when they first joined up 2 months ago...

...they were clearly all lying.
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 19 Jul 2011, 14:40

As if I needed more convincing to get in on this, todays inaugural GTTCC was nothing short of a disaster. We spent an hour bickering over rules before the race got started, people were turning up with illegal and untested equipment and even with adjusted rules, the difference between various cars was still too much. I doubt I'll be participating in it any more, which will leave me more time to buy an Xbox and get good at Forza.
0x

Boovolari
Original 8

Postby Boovolari » 19 Jul 2011, 14:43

Hey, we've had our fair share of illegal equipment too! :lol:

But yes, glad its pushed you in our direction. Get that Xbox and get rubbish. 8-)
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 19 Jul 2011, 15:03

It's true, we didnt get the rules perfect first time round. We've had car bans, regulation changes and whatnot. But we're at the end of our first season as you know, and we still have 4 drivers gunning for the championship.

Nothing as catty sounding as the GTTCC though!

Season 2 will be perfect!
0x
Have fun.

DanThorn

Postby DanThorn » 19 Jul 2011, 18:59

I'm sticking with it. Making the wiki table alone secured that decision.
0x

tomcheesey
Original 8

Postby tomcheesey » 25 Jul 2011, 08:10

Any chance of moving this thread to the main page? It seems we have quite a few new members who are either shy or don't know where to start.

For any new members, we are currently looking to fill a second lobby should we get enough interest for Season 2 of the Really Rubbish Racing Touring Car Championship (RRRTCC), running on Wednesday or Thursday nights (BST). Let us know if you're interested!
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 25 Jul 2011, 09:49

I don't think you can put a thread directly onto the first page, but I dunno what else I can do. It's in the very top forum, which is described as the place to go when you're new, so, yeah.
0x
Have fun.

tomcheesey
Original 8

Postby tomcheesey » 25 Jul 2011, 10:02

Ok no worries! Was just wondering where the new additions are as we seem to have acquired quite a few more members altogether since I've been away, and would be nice to get them involved in the next championship.
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 25 Jul 2011, 10:06

Half of them are the PS3'ers who compete in the GT5TCC and the Collantine cup, who have been following our championship.
0x
Have fun.

Ekho

Postby Ekho » 26 Jul 2011, 18:38

Hey all,

I'm another F1Fanatic - been following F1 since the beginning of the 2007 season (and following Lewis the whole time, but with a soft spot for Kubica, Kobayashi and Petrov).

Been playing a fair bit of Forza lately, but probably not up to the standards of many of you guys! Waiting for Season 3 to get involved in the races - should give me a bit more practice time and a chance to create a colour scheme...

I'm 25, training to be a maths teacher from September, so i'll need something to take me away from revision, essays and marking! live in london with my girlfriend, who is sure to be less than impressed with more xbox playing, but i'm sure she'll manage!

I've never been to an F1 race, but really hoping to make it to spa next season, maybe a potential RRR trip? has that kind of thing been mooted before?
0x