Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

CAR Round 5 - Montreal

Postby shaxberd » 26 Jul 2021, 14:04

Encore un fois! After the uncharted waters of Mont Tremblant, it's a classic for this one: We're headed to Montreal - join us this Sunday, 1st August 2021!

Approximate Schedule (all times BST)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 15 minutes
19:45 - Warmup, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race 1, 25 minutes - standing start
20:25 - Race 2, 35 minutes - reverse top X (between 10 and 15) from qualy

Weather Forecast for Montreal.

You will need the Alpine car along with the Realish mod/livery pack and the Montreal track

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Goobertson
Name: Mike Bell
Car No: 32
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Goobertson
Twitter: mkbmikebell

Re: CAR Round 5 - Montreal

Postby Goobertson » 26 Jul 2021, 16:28

Probably out, as yet have never made it back from Forest in time to race :(
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
2020 Driver of the year
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

''You're the best'' - Neil Heatlie, Discord, 9/7/21

PaulDillon
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Paul Dillon
Car No: 77
Steam ID: Scrutti77

Postby PaulDillon » 27 Jul 2021, 23:48

I'm in :ugeek:
0x

Daniel Hurlock
Car No: 87
Steam ID: Dani-H
Twitter: @Dani_H87

Postby Daniel Hurlock » 01 Aug 2021, 12:23

50/50 on if i can make it
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 01 Aug 2021, 20:40

Race 1
Got past @sin_racing on lap 1 and survived a few attacks in the early laps. As the race went on, I managed to turn the pace up and had a gap of about 3-4 seconds by the end for 2nd.

Race 2
Started 8th and made steady progress after a shaky first lap. By 2/3 distance I started to properly close on Mark and we battled for basically the rest of the race. It became a battle for the podium after @TheGwiiBird had his VR problem (unbelievable bad luck, you had the pace for a podium today) but Mark managed to get ahead out of the final corner and I couldn't respond. 4th but the battle was the real highlight from tonight!
1x

BlueSpearman
Name: Mark
Car No: 4
Team: Beepy Argh
Steam ID: BlueSpearman

Postby BlueSpearman » 01 Aug 2021, 21:34

Certainly my best rf2 event to date, although still not without incident. Copied Mark S' ffb settings, and decided to go against what I've been told is convention for rf2 which is to have as squishy a car as possible, and made everything very stiff so I could feel a bit better what was going on even if it was supposedly slower, in the interests of being more in control. Also took Marks advice on getting off the line, so managed two races without Bottasing the clutch. Qualified bang in the middle of the grid but only a couple of tenths away from Fraser, Mark S and Campbell which was encouraging.

Kept up with this group throughout race 1, and seemed to be able to close on Fraser in the heavy braking zones but couldn't make anything stick. Eventually chose a bad line into the final chicane and gave him a slap up the arse, so really very sorry about that. Managed to pick my way back up to 6th just behind him while he and Will battled, but don't think I ever had a move on really.

Got away well again for race 2, managed to sneak by the Henkens and Will when they made little mistakes, lost out to Dan and then settled into second. I didn't pull away from Will as I'd have expected giving he's been quaffing Champagne all afternoon, so I had to work fairly hard at keeping the gap until he evaporated. I like to think I'd have managed to hold him off for second though.
1x

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 01 Aug 2021, 22:29

Quali - can never seem to do that well over 1 lap in these, but managed a p6

Race 1 - kept it clean, avoided @Blex and @BlueSpearman hitting each other, parked the bus like a Nando to keep @Blex behind me which surprisingly worked, and after he dropped back after an overexuberant lunge into the final chicane I held on to p4.

Race 2 - got p5 on reverse grid, made that 2nd by t2 thanks to a great launch, then after losing out to @BlueSpearman I stayed about 2s behind him, and also 2s in front of @sin_racing and @camp_bell, and was on for p3 until my glorious Alpine luck decided it had had enough for the day and my headset forgot it was a headset. Came back briefly for a short fight with @Arwyn and @Chris Williamson on dying tyres until my headset finally gave up and I DNFd.

PSA - if you have a Rift S, turn your fucking lights on in your room, otherwise the cameras that set your head position can't work out where they are (a bit of reading suggests they're just normal cameras and not IR)

All in all, great race and surprised I did so well even after too much champagne :D :D
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 05 Aug 2021, 19:13

No stewarding action required for either race. However....

Qualifying Hall of Shame

1 track limits violation (3 place grid drop for next round)
@camp_bell (Turn 13 exit)
@TheGwiiBird (Turn 3 apex)
@annariot (Turn 3 apex)
0x