• 01/03/2020 GEARS I: Bathurst | 08/03/2020 FRee VI: Berlin | 22/03/2020 GEARS II: Mosport

Special Event 62 - Reversed Experience of The Corsa Hell

Special Events
KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Special Event 62 - Reversed Experience of The Corsa Hell

Postby KJP93 » 07 Jan 2018, 21:09

Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Car: Bentley Continental GT3 (FTP)
Track: Silverstone (FTP)

Those of you who attended Silverstone last April for the WEC Weekend will know EXACTLY where the inspiration for this event has come from!

For those that weren't there, or simply don't know; I suffer from fairly major motion sickness. It's absolutely the worst in cars. Trains, boats and planes I can handle fine, but cars? It can be hellish for me. During the weekend of WEC, @Lin1876 drove me from place to place. His Corsa damn near killed me every trip. On Saturday I collapsed on @ajokay's sofa for over an hour and then spent nearly thirty minutes in his bathroom in a constant state of nausea. The kind where you desperately want to throw up but simply cannot. It wasn't fun... this will be however!

As a tribute to those trips, I'm going to ensure I'm not the only one that suffers! Therefore I present the Reversed Experience of The Corsa Hell, or 'RETCH' for short! Running on Automobilista, We'll be taking the Bentley Continental GT3 because let's be honest, what would you rather drive: A piece of glorious British engineering disguised as a country mansion or a dull road car with no style, no thundering twin-turbo V8 and handling that gives you ebola? That's what I thought! Silverstone is the track of choice, but all is not what it seems! More on that later...

Format

The event will consist of a single practice session, followed by a qualifying session and three race sessions of varying lengths.

Practice: 40 minutes beginning at 19:00 GMT.
Qualifying: 15 minutes, unlimited laps beginning at 19:40 GMT.
Warmup: 5 minutes beginning at 19:55 GMT and then preceding each race session.

Race 1: 20 minutes beginning at 20:00 GMT.
Race 2: 6 laps beginning at 20:25 GMT, completely reversed grid with positions based on race 1 result and featuring a mandatory 'joker'.
Race 3: 33 minutes beginning at approx. 20:45 GMT, grid order to be decided by a random number generator.

Race 1 and 3: Normal Realish points rules, with 3 points awarded for fastest lap.
Race 2: Same as 1 and 3 but also featuring bonus points awarded depending on how many positions you gain relative to your grid position.

For example: I start 15th but finish 3rd, I get twelve points for finishing 3rd but also get 12 points for gaining 12 positions, for a total of 24. You don't lose points for losing positions, that would be dumb.

Finally, if I (Kyran) finish any session in 3rd position, 3 lucky individuals will be awarded 3 points. Said individuals will be chosen by a random number generator based upon everyone's position in that session.

For example: I finish 3rd in a session, the random number generator spits out 5, 12 and 7. Whoever finished that session in those positions would be awarded 3 points. As added banter, if the random number generator spits out a 3, I will lose 3 points because reasons. I will most likely have a spreadsheet to keep track of all of this!

The Twists

Head Movement!

Oh yes. You're all going to feel my pain. To 'accurately' depict my experience in the Corsa I've ramped up the head physics parameters to a hilarious, disorienting but still very much drivable level. Details on how to do this can be found within a text file which will be released at the same time as the skinpack. Make sure that you don't drive with these settings until the day, the surprise is part of the fun! Oh and cockpit view will be forced. No cheating! ;)

Reversed Layout!

As the event title suggested, yes we will be doing Silverstone backwards. Why? Because @MrRandom287 is a fucking genius, but I figured it'd also be an exciting switch-up since the last time this club did a reverse layout was probably during the console era. (Round 2 of LEANS, just under 3 years ago!) I would like to request that people don't do laps and laps of Silverstone backwards before the official session, It'll add to the banter.

Extra banter!

This Bentley has push-to-pass enabled. It will be available for use in the races after lap one is completed and free to use in all other sessions. You will get an immediate punch which will last for five seconds and reset 30 seconds after each use. You will get 15 push-to-passes over the course of each race, do with them as you wish but don't come crying to me when you burn them all in 5 laps and become a sitting duck for the remainder of the race!

Race 2 will feature a mandatory drive-through because the pit-exit in reverse looks interesting. You can take this at any time you wish, ensuring you are abiding by the pitlane speed limit and not killing anyone during entry or exit. Failure to take this 'joker' will result in a weight penalty for race 3 of 255kg, because I make the rules. Causing an incident whilst taking the 'joker' will award the same weight penalty. Try not to screw up, you don't want to add to the already ample frame of the country mansion.

The grid for race 3 will be decided by a random number generator based on the results of race 2.

For example: I win race 2, I am assigned the value '1'. The random number generator spits out the values, 6, 12, 8, 1, 4, 11, and so on. The value '1' appeared 4th in that sequence, therefore I would start 4th for race 3.

Liveries

ftp/Automobilista/Skins/Templates/RETCH

Duh. You are encouraged to paint your cars in ways that relate to or even better, poke fun at me. Whether it be the third place curse, my motion sickness, being furry trash or maybe something else! (I can think of several more) I expect some gloriously painted houses-on-wheels from most of you. I have also placed the driver and helmet templates in the same folder. Up to you whether you include them with your submissions or not!

The obvious rules about tobacco, firearms and real nudity being prohibited apply. There are also numberplates, the ones on the sides are mandatory and cannot be moved. The one on the front is optional, I'll leave the inclusion of that up to each individual!

Get your liveries on the FTP by 23:59 GMT on Friday 19th January or you will be forced to drive the Car of Shame. No really, I will check the FTP at midnight and make a list of anyone who hasn't submitted something. This is your one and only warning. Trust me, it won't be pleasant.

ftp/Automobilista/Skins/LiverySubmissions/RETCH

And that's that! It's going to be a nice, light-hearted and hopefully enjoyable opening to the year. I look forward to hearing all of your reactions when you drive out of the garage for the first time... :3c

Racing

1. Kyran Parkin
  2. Craig Woollard
  3. Joshua Anderson
  4. Mike Bell
  5. Allie Ferrie
  6. Mark Singleton
  7. Matthew Wheeler
  8. James Lambert
  9. Arūnas Linkevičius
  10. William Walker
Last edited by KJP93 on 16 Jan 2018, 12:32, edited 8 times in total.
2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Re: Special Event 62: Reversed Experience of The Corsa Hell

Postby craighypheno » 07 Jan 2018, 21:12

Shots!
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Murasaki / Cosmo
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 07 Jan 2018, 21:13

What the actual fuck. In.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 07 Jan 2018, 21:13

Sign me in please.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 07 Jan 2018, 21:20

Will give it a shot but it legitimately might actually make me ill. Video games give me migraines.
0x

sin_racing
Name: Mark Singleton
Car No: 36
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: sin_racing
Twitter: markrsingleton

Postby sin_racing » 07 Jan 2018, 21:52

In on the twistiest and bumpiest roads possible
0x

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 08 Jan 2018, 00:36

Oh yeah :D

FYI, the track is up on the FTP now. But no practising, as per @KJP93's wishes ;)
1x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Re: Special Event 62 - Reversed Experience of The Corsa Hell

Postby jims709 » 08 Jan 2018, 16:18

This looks so awful but I am so in.
0x

azzunix996
Name: Arūnas
Car No: 11
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: azzunix996

Postby azzunix996 » 08 Jan 2018, 18:29

What a nonsense :roll: but I'm in :lol:
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 08 Jan 2018, 20:50

ByCraig returns!

Featuring some totally legit Russian money coming in as well
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 09 Jan 2018, 20:58

The 'Car of Shame' for the event! As promised, it's not pretty.

2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 10 Jan 2018, 09:09

Is that Jimmi Broadbent vomiting? :lol:
1x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 10 Jan 2018, 10:02

Mosaegir wrote:Is that Jimmi Broadbent vomiting? :lol:
The likeness is scary, this is some poor fellow I pulled from Google Images. Doesn't mean it isn't but I don't think it is...
1x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 15 Jan 2018, 12:04

Added an extra 24 hours to the livery deadline for reasons.
0x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 15 Jan 2018, 20:15

In and pics too, :) if there are team trucks I'd also like proper penguin trucks please

1x

sin_racing
Name: Mark Singleton
Car No: 36
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: sin_racing
Twitter: markrsingleton

Postby sin_racing » 17 Jan 2018, 20:57

Tropico Liveries:

5x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 18 Jan 2018, 23:11

Schnappi grew up fast! Liveries for @Mike Bell and @Sam Hill. Yes it's back for round two and no, I'm not sorry. Direct all the blame towards Mike.

8x

lazaros18
Name: Lazaros Filippakos
Steam ID: Lazaros Filippakos

Postby lazaros18 » 19 Jan 2018, 21:39

Good afternoon people,

Once upon a time there was a country called Greece. A country with great history but got up with major debts problems. Now is in need for money but cant find any. There was a president called Alexis Tsipras and went to Germany to discuss the problems and make them delete his greek debts because he was a shit president. He went there with his private airplane and his private racing car.
The conversation went horribly wrong and Merkel gave him 2 choices. Get the money or get a podium in one of the Races of RETCH.
Then the greek president took his racing car and went to put some fuel first because he didnt have any left.
And then he went Monaco at the first place to get the most of the money till the racing comes.
But it seems he wont get it in time so everything is in the hands of the Greek Lazaros Filippakos to save his country.
Lets see how this goes
6x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 20 Jan 2018, 17:09

It's somehow become an epidemic in the States, heck knows why people actually try eating these but there you go. I don't think any of you need to be told, but seriously. Do not eat or attempt to eat Tide Pods. When questioned about the aforementioned topic, @lemming77 said:

"I'm especially amazed because I really want to eat them, but I also don't because I'm an adult who knows that's a really bad idea."

So for that reason, here's a themed livery as requested!

8x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 20 Jan 2018, 20:27

2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 20 Jan 2018, 21:44

...and finally, my car for the event! Definitely not late at all I don't know what you're talking about... *cough*

Definitely happy with this one. Think I could do a little more but I always think that! ULTIMATE THIRD PLACE LIVERY:

3x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 20 Jan 2018, 23:16

Skinpack is live!

/ftp/Automobilista/Skins/Packs/RETCH_Skinpack.zip

Also, how to ruin your head physics in 8 easy (I hope) steps!

First of all, a few sets of data:

DATA SET 1
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.25000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="25.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.25000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="40.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

DATA SET 2
Look Up/Down Angle="0.90000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Leanahead Angle="0.10000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Look Roll Angle="0.25000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Glance Angle="0.70000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Lookahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lookahead (yaw) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Head Physics="1.00000" // Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)
Head Rotation="1.95000" // Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only
Exaggerate Yaw="0.80000" // Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve "feel")

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1) Find your PLR file located in: Documents\Automobilista\userdata\ (It will be your in-game name, for example mine is 'Kyran Parkin')
2) BACK UP YOUR PLR FILE!!! You'll thank me for this reminder later!
3) Open up your PLR file
4) Find (CTRL+F) and input 'Cockpit Vibration Mult1' select all parameters which match those in DATA SET 1
5) Copy + paste DATA SET 1 to overwrite those parameters
6) Find (CTRL+F) and input 'Look Up/Down Angle' select all parameters which match those in DATA SET 2
7) Copy + paste DATA SET 2 to overwrite those parameters
8) Save, open AMS, check your display settings relating to head movement in-game. The four sliders should be set to 100%, 0%, 100%, 0% in that order. If they are not, please set them to be!
9) Select the Bentley, enjoy the stupidity!

See you tomorrow evening!
3x

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 21 Jan 2018, 11:14

Terrible internet lately. Will show up but might not be able to race. :(
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 21 Jan 2018, 21:53

Race 1

Ended up in the air at turn 1 then had a few other bumps which blunted the performance. Eventually came home around 9th.

Race 2
Got bumped and shoved out wide in the complex on lap 1 which dropped me way down the field, then went off on my own onto the Wellington straight. Not much happened after that besides battling @craighypheno (of course) and I came home 11th.

Race 3
Was battling Craig when I push to passed into @sin_racing, which spun me round and into @MrRandom287. Then I dropped it onto the Wellington Straight again, which ruined the handling and caused the car to pitch me into the wall at turn 2. DNF

Honestly, I'm glad that the reverse circuit didn't work because that was pretty messy all round even on a familiar track. I'm willing to put that down to the huge wallowing car and the banter head physics but let's try to make the racing cleaner next week, OK?
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 21 Jan 2018, 22:04

Also, just to reiterate what I said during the race, some people really need learn to learn to not say every thought that comes into their head. I like that we talk to each other during races, it's one of the things that makes racing here so much fun, but we don't need a running commentary of your race every. single. lap.
5x