• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Special Event 57 - Cruddy 6

Special Events
KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: Special Event 57 - Cruddy 6

Postby KJP93 » 02 Jun 2017, 10:25

...and finally, the Neo Cortex Corporation twinned with UKA Industries Swift to be driven by @MrRandom287. Yes, it comes equipped with a fully-functioning Evolvo Ray and enough evil laughter that even Hitler himself would be proud.

All four now uploaded to the FTP.
2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Chris Williamson
Car No: 166
Steam ID: Kurisu166

Postby Chris Williamson » 02 Jun 2017, 20:15

In. Swift - Smile Power Racing.

Livery:
4x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Postby pyjames91 » 04 Jun 2017, 01:54

Livery pack is up and available to download.

ftp>Automobilista>Skins>Packs/Cruddy 6 Livery Pack.7z

We're returning in some classics and updated classics.

@Kimstermagnum

@JayCoops435

@Mr Flobadob

Myself
4x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Postby pyjames91 » 04 Jun 2017, 17:01

There is a small update to the series file. We needed to increase the length of the safety car so it was pretty important.

ftp://ftp.realishracing.com/Automobilista/Cars/Cruddy6 Update.7z

You can run without the update as it's all running on the server side, but you will keep getting mismatch errors.
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 04 Jun 2017, 19:33

That was really good fun while it lasted. Many thanks to @Mr Flobadob for the setup late in practice since I was absolutely nowhere.

In the race, I ballsed up the start but had a good early battle with @Chris Williamson and @ajokay, then I kissed the wall a couple of times and bent the suspension a bit. I got stuck in clear air with understeer but after the caution I felt I had better pace. Unfortunately, in the wake behind @MasterOntWolf, I lost the rear at turn 4 then over-corrected and smacked the wall, losing a wheel and bringing out a caution. DNF.

I'm a bit disappointed at how it finished but I really enjoyed the part of the race that I did. I'm also glad that I crashed out by my own hand this time rather than getting wiped out at turn 1.

1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 04 Jun 2017, 19:42

Quali wasn't bad.

Race was great, had the most epic battle with @ajokay then pitted. Kept going, then Wallis-ed it on a caution by downshifting instead of going up, engine blew.

10/10 would do again.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 04 Jun 2017, 19:48

Fun while it lasted. Scraped my front right off the wall one too many times, spun out, damage was too much to safely continue. Don't know what dirt Campbell has on Lee to have gotten that setup out of him, but it's the only reason I enjoyed it as much as I did, so thanks to both of them. Good racing with Mike and Neil, many clenching motions were made.

Coming one day after an oval race at RD.....worlds apart. Shows how good this club is.
5x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 04 Jun 2017, 19:49

Quali: Ran the short oval tyres for the lolz. P8 or whatever it was.

Race: Started pretty well. But after running three-wide with @tonyandmargaret and @Mike Bell for a while, I lost a lot of ground. I pitted before I went a lap down, but then a safety car came out.

Just as the second caution came out, I brushed the wall. I would've pitted, but I wanted to get a lap back on @Mr Flobadob, so opted not to. However I made a wing adjustment and the car was absolutely horrible in traffic. So loose.

Then I pitted for repairs and to adjust the wing again at the next stop. It repaired some of the damage. I was able to make the outside work well on the restart but got boxed in behind a slow @MasterOntWolf. I was then touched ever so slightly by @JayCoops435, which made me get a little bit loose coming out of 3, and then Mike was unable to avoid me. Wheel gone. Race done. DNF.

Fun as fuck though. Now to watch actual IndyCar.
Last edited by craighypheno on 04 Jun 2017, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
1x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 04 Jun 2017, 20:06

Q: A mishap with my Q set meant I entered T1 at full bore with 110L. Needless to say, that didn't end well. However @zephyr got DQed so not last. P15.

R: Caught up in an early incident with @MasterOntWolf, ran out of room up high and took a sizeable hit. Repaired all I could and persevered with a wounded car but eventually pushed up into a wall hard enough to make it undriveable. Rather than risking an incident with someone else, I quietly retired the car. I regret not going out with an almighty crash though...

Bonus @craighypheno save.

2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 04 Jun 2017, 20:38

Hi,
That was fun. User erro for qualifying :( I had a good battle early on with @D0n M4730 then later with @MasterOntWolf. I had a few slips but managed to bring back the car undamaged and only used 2 sets of tyres :D I'm a relatively low cost driver (not including practice :) ) I got a result for Eiffel Power but I'll see what the server files make of it cos I might be downgraded :(
0x

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 04 Jun 2017, 20:42

After what feels like an age, it was good to be racing again tonight.

Started near the back of the field, and had an awesome battle with @zephyr for a decent number of laps, with @MasterOntWolf just a little way ahead. It was a battle that I think could have gone on longer, but just around the time when I was going to make my first pit stop, @JayCoops435 spun in front of me and I collected him, giving me serious front-end damage.

I thought that was the end of my race, but I was able to limp back to the pits and decided to continue for a bit to see how bad the damage was. It put my steering out by about 45º, and affected my top speed, but I was able to carry on, albeit about 3 seconds a lap slower than I had been previously.

From then on it was just a question of survival. Since I'd pitted when I normally would have done anyway, the accident itself didn't cost me too much time, so I retained an advantage over Will and Rob, which I also managed to hang on to after my second pitstop, although they were taking big chunks of time out of me.

However, with about 30 laps to go I was touch-and go on fuel, and my tyres were getting worn, so I decided to make one last stop just to be on the safe side - and had to 5-point turn my way out of the pit box due to all the abandoned cars in the pit lane! That last pitstop put me last, and with my hobbled car there was no coming back.

I feel like I could have done better if I hadn't picked up the damage, and me, Will and Rob at least could have had a decent battle to the finish. It was a bit of a slog as ultimately I was nursing a broken car for two thirds of the race, but the decision not to retire was vindicated in the end as numerous other drivers crashed out, allowing me to finish 11th.

Congrats to @Mr Flobadob on the win, and I must also say thank you to @KJP93 for the setup help; I think it really helped my performance tonight.

I must also say that, although I didn't enjoy the CruddyCar season as a whole, I did enjoy the oval racing, and I very much enjoyed this event too. It'd be great if we could do it more often than once a year ;) .
Last edited by D0n M4730 on 04 Jun 2017, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
2x

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Postby MasterOntWolf » 04 Jun 2017, 20:45

I must say for the first time that the only thing I enjoyed about this race was being able to get into my rig and run some laps other then that didn't enjoy this race at all. Why you may ask?

Well for starters I found the setting limitation rather annoying, not being able to lower my steering ratio below 360 or make any adjustments to the rear wing. I like the idea of full cautions when we are running ovals but I must say again if we are going to do that there really should be wave around. Every single caution I was 1 lap down from @zephyr but ended up with him right behind me on the restart getting screamed blue flag. I was quicker and able to get by him but an entire lap was a lot to ask. Again this is one of the only races we have run where once we were halfway in felt I was just hot lapping cause there was no chance to get back laps. I screwed it at the start some how starting with 2 front wing forcing me to pit and change it. This immediately put me a few laps down which as I said no wave around only chance for good finish was the misfortune of others. I think I will be opting out of any further races in which a full course caution can fly but nobody in the rear of the field can gain any ground. Again pretty disappointing day but happy to be back online with everyone. I look forward to the next season.
5x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 04 Jun 2017, 23:53

Was absolutely no match for the N'ders tonight, setup from New-pa felt brilliant but something was missing in either myself or the car, had a poor start, and by the time i'd gotten back to my starting position i'd lost 15 seconds and knew my only hope was be the last person with fuel in the car, and a caution. It came a couple laps too soon and Lee was still going, at that point I figured it was his race to loose, and he didn't bin it, so congratz Lee on the win and completeing the set for the 'active' Offenders team, having a Cruddy win apiece. Thanks to Kyran and April for taking me (and Matt) onboard for the race, was fun :)
3x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 05 Jun 2017, 13:24

I have to say, I quite enjoyed this race. I finished better than what I was expecting but probably could've been higher if I trusted my gut instinct.

The only mistakes I made were for the pit stops where I always forgot to tell my crew I was coming in (thinking too much about NASCAR Racing 2003) and forgot to turn off damage in my splash one lap before the end.

I was amazed that once again I was battling with @tonyandmargaret and we nearly did the whole lap side-by-side. And how could I forget about squeezing between @Mosaegir and the wall coming out of turn 4. I'm amazed that it wasn't a huge accident.

The cars themselves were a bit odd to me (possibly due to realfeel) but I didn't spin for the whole race, which makes it the first official race I've had here where I didn't spin in a RWD car.

Congratulations to Lee on his dominant performance and hoping that we can do more oval races.

PS: I think we need to do some more testing with the safety car and how it orders the cars. It may have been trying to give the wave around (I don't know as I was never at the front).
3x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 05 Jun 2017, 13:44

MrRandom287 wrote:PS: I think we need to do some more testing with the safety car and how it orders the cars. It may have been trying to give the wave around (I don't know as I was never at the front).

I was having precisely this thought this morning. If we have to do more oval club races to fuck around and learning how this all works, I'm up for that ;)
6x

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 06 Jun 2017, 08:45

I really enjoyed this race and had amazing battles with @Mosaegir @Mike Bell and @craighypheno. Had a classic ending as well with all of the fuel saving. Massive thanks to @MrRandom287 for letting me whore his slipstream for over 30 laps so I could finish without stopping <3.
3x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 06 Jun 2017, 16:27

Qualifying

Did the laps. Got the pole.

Race

Spent the entire first stint slipstreaming with James a la Pocono, whilst also doing some crazy fuel-saving just in case. This helped me a lot when James pitted and I was able to stay out just as the first caution hit, which was perfect timing for me as I could pit pretty much straight away and still hold the lead as James had got completely screwed (as usual in these cars!). After that I pitted in all of the caution periods to top up and get fresh tyres except for the last one, which happened so soon after the previous caution period that I decided not to bother, expecting another yellow.

Of course there were no more yellows so after initially trying to fuel-save, I realised I had no chance of making it and decided to push as I knew pretty much everyone else was trying to go to the end. It was looking pretty bad for a while but the closer to the end we got the slower people seemed to get and by the time I made my final stop I came out comfortably ahead to take the win.

As ever, it was a fantastic event. The only thing I can say, which has been said already, is that it's pretty important to get the Lucky Dog/wave around function working. It screwed me over in two of the oval races in CCWS and it pretty much ended James' race on Sunday. There is a case of "it's part of oval racing" about it but it shouldn't be a race-ending thing really. Happy to help testing it for future events.
3x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby zephyr » 06 Jun 2017, 19:18

Some piccys :D

4x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby zephyr » 06 Jun 2017, 19:28

and also
the top Eiffel power team member, finishing higher than Kaibutsu and the Howler boys :)

6x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 07 Jun 2017, 02:54

Wiki has been updated.
4x

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 08 Jun 2017, 08:34

zephyr wrote:Image

At this point my thought process is basically "SSSHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!
1x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 08 Jun 2017, 09:55

Alex Zanardi badge?
1x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby zephyr » 08 Jun 2017, 19:16

Oh and Pingu is the highest every, in all history, since the dawn of time, since records began, Eiffel Power finisher at any Cruddy special event :D
1x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 27 Nov 2017, 20:12

Badge has been added to the wiki - sorry for the delay!
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?