• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Special Event 57 - Cruddy 6

Special Events
pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Special Event 57 - Cruddy 6

Postby pyjames91 » 24 May 2017, 12:25

Sunday, 4th June

Apologies for the relatively late notice.

Cruddy 6 will take big inspiration from last year, I.E same cars, same track, same era! (1998) This time, however, we will be introducing cautions.

Track

Indianapolis! once again.

Available to download now from the FTP under Automobilista/Tracks/Various-SEs/Indianapolis.7z

Cars

We will be using the four chassis' from the 1998 CART season that we used both last year and for season 20. As it stands, the mod has differing grip and power depending on each engine and tyre option. This will however be standardised in an upcoming patch so just go for the car that looks the coolest 8-)

This is now available to download from the FTP under Automobilista/Cars/Cruddy6_CART.7z

And now onto the available options, all of which look absolutely badass in my opinion!

Lola T98-00

Engine - Ford Cosworth XD
Tyres - Goodyear Eagle

Penske PC-27

Engine - Mercedes-Benz IC108E
Tyres - Goodyear Eagle

Reynard 98i

Engine - Toyota RV8C
Tyres - Firestone Firehawk

Swift 009c

Engine - Honda HRK
Tyres - Firestone Firehawk

Skins

On the FTP at Automobilista/Skins/Templates/Cruddy%206/Cruddy6_Templates.7z

Deadline - Saturday 3rd June

@craighypheno has very kindly transferred all the skins from the Season 20 Cruddy season into AMS so if you liked your livery for that and want to run it, you don't have to raise a finger. If you do want to paint another car or you didn't participate in the season, here's what to do!

The rules regarding skins are fairly relaxed for this. Despite the era, the standard restrictions regarding Tobacco and firearms sponsorship remain in place. There are only two things required to make a legal livery:

- Number on the front nose and rear wing endplates or prominently on the side of the car. Typeface and colour are entirely open.
- Engine Manufacturer somewhere on the car. It can be any colour and any variant of the logo, as long as it's positioned reasonably prominently.

The wings in the main body template are for the road aero kit alone and are not required to be painted. The wings for the oval configuration are contained within the separate "wings" file for each car.

Now remember, this is 1998! This is before Twitter and Monster energy drinks. Keep it period in the same way we did for Formula MEME. You have literally no excuses with liveries either as all you need to do to make it look cool is to paint it a block colour and smother it in a thousand sponsors like this!

Format

We'll be keeping to the same format as last year, however we will be implementing caution periods as we did for season 20.

Practice - 1 hour beginning at 18:00 BST.
Morning Pole - The traditional Cruddy qualifying session, which will take place under superpole conditions with. Drivers will have two flying laps in which to set a time for the grid. This session will last for 15 minutes.
Warmup - 15 minutes.
Formation lap
The 6th Annual Cruddy - 90 minutes in length and will begin with a rolling start. The race will begin when the lights go green.

So there we have it. Cruddy Six! It'll be like Cruddy 5 but better!
3x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Re: Special Event 57 - Cruddy 6

Postby craighypheno » 24 May 2017, 12:40

I'm in a Penske. Willing to do a couple of liveries if need be. The one downside is that you'll be forced to drive for Eiffel.
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 24 May 2017, 14:40

In. Swift. UPA. Speaking of which, since I'm doing a livery for @Mike Bell I'm open to doing liveries for up to two more lucky individuals. So who likes classic video games and running out of fuel? ;)

Edit: Okay, so we've basically borrowed Smile Power for this one. Four car assault incoming!
Last edited by KJP93 on 31 May 2017, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 24 May 2017, 15:23

I have broken the livery rules, but I really wanted to have a crack at doing a modern(ish) IndyCar livery on these cars.

And once again I shall be joined by @zephyr, and I have embraced the existence of his own team with this livery. He is still very much driving for Eiffel though.

Last edited by craighypheno on 25 May 2017, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
6x

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 24 May 2017, 20:21

KJP93 wrote:In. Swift. UPA. Speaking of which, since I'm doing a livery for @Mike Bell I'm open to doing liveries for up to two more lucky individuals. So who likes classic video games and running out of fuel? ;)

Yeah you'll be driving for UPA. c:

If it comes with a free setup I'll take it :P
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 24 May 2017, 23:45

KJP93 wrote:In. Swift. UPA. Speaking of which, since I'm doing a livery for @Mike Bell I'm open to doing liveries for up to two more lucky individuals. So who likes classic video games and running out of fuel? ;)

Yeah you'll be driving for UPA. c:

Sure, just make it green :mrgreen: :P
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 25 May 2017, 08:48

Will be there. Should I make one final guest appearance for the SNP if my S20 skin is already done, or is Campbell too attached to having a teammate that exists to let me go even for one day? Tune in next time to find out.
2x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 25 May 2017, 09:56

Mosaegir wrote:Will be there. Should I make one final guest appearance for the SNP if my S20 skin is already done, or is Campbell too attached to having a teammate that exists to let me go even for one day? Tune in next time to find out.

I will rescue the damsel in distress from the tyranny of the SNP like some shit sexist fairy tale.
4x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 25 May 2017, 13:10

In, and as long as @MasterOntWolf doesn't mind, I shall be driving for Howler Racing using the car from S20
2x

MasterOntWolf
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Robert Covey
Car No: 43
Team: Howler Racing
Steam ID: MasterOntWolf
Twitter: @MasterOntWolf

Postby MasterOntWolf » 25 May 2017, 20:49

D0n M4730 wrote:In, and as long as @MasterOntWolf doesn't mind, I shall be driving for Howler Racing using the car from S20

Absolutely its fine you are still a part of the Howler Team. Not to mention was pretty proud of those liveries from the last cruddy so be nice to see them both on the grid again.

Count me IN
2x
We will rEgAin our righTful place above Team Penguin.
If you're not using a wheel and peddles your gaming, not sim racing.

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 26 May 2017, 19:04

50/50. hopefully gonna make it :D
0x

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Also-Ran
Wiki Page: Joshua Anderson
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 27 May 2017, 11:29

Quite probably in despite lack of oval experience. Would be game for someone to make me a skin/sign me up to their team, else I'll just race for Team Japan 2.0.
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, PBR madlad, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 27 May 2017, 12:53

Kosumo wrote:Quite probably in despite lack of oval experience. Would be game for someone to make me a skin/sign me up to their team, else I'll just race for Team Japan 2.0.

Watch the Indy 500 and learn from that. Will do a livery when I'm more sober.
1x

Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 30 May 2017, 08:15

TIL: When Neil gets inside me, great things can happen

6x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby craighypheno » 30 May 2017, 16:52

Now sober. Done livery. Could it be much more American?

If anybody without a livery wants this... err... masterpiece but with your number on it just give me a shout.
3x

JayCoops435
Pleb Club Bronze Member
Name: Jay Cooper
Car No: 17
Team: Defenders
Twitter: @Jay_ST_Cooper

Postby JayCoops435 » 30 May 2017, 17:33

INDY
2x
Racing... because golf, football and cricket only require one ball.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 31 May 2017, 08:03

My StarCraft inspired livery for this year. As the sequel is a favourite of mine, I figured using the original game released way back in 1998 would be very fitting.

"You require more Vespene Gas."
4x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 31 May 2017, 09:51

Why have you not done April's car yet? Do you require additional pylons?
2x

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 31 May 2017, 14:09

I'll just run my S20 livery for this. I'm moving flats tomorrow so I'm not entirely sure whether I'll have internet and stuff set up by sunday.
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 31 May 2017, 16:52

So I appear to be miles off the pace. Anyone got any advice?
0x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 31 May 2017, 20:07

Mosaegir wrote:Why have you not done April's car yet? Do you require additional pylons?
Because I didn't have to do it. It's been done for oh, about a year now? ;)

Let's face it, it would've been a crime not to use this classic again. Huge thanks to @pyjames91 for letting us re-run this one!
3x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 31 May 2017, 23:11

@Mike Bell will be getting 'Jiggy' with it, in this Banjo Kazooie Swift powered by Nintendo.

3x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 31 May 2017, 23:28

I'd like to join in.

And apologies. Sick logo incoming.
0x
Have fun.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 01 Jun 2017, 18:14

Quick PSA regarding the mod - You need to have the Cruddy6_CART_V1.1.7z mod installed to stop the mismatches on the server.

This mod update allows free choice of the different engines in the vehicle 'upgrades' section. Don't know which one to pick? Here's a quick rundown of their specs...

Ford-Cosworth - 420.9nm @ 13,250RPM, 837.94hp @ 14,500RPM
Honda - 426.3nm @ 13250RPM, 837.94hp @ 14,500RPM
Mercedes - 419.6nm @ 13,000RPM, 830.61hp @ 14,500RPM
Toyota - 414.0nm @ 13,250RPM, 816.76hp @ 14,500RPM

Good luck, everyone! :D
1x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 01 Jun 2017, 18:53

Cruddy Five 6 Stewarding Debrief

Track Notes

The pit entrance is immediately after turn 4. The pit exit runs on the inside of turns 1 and 2 before rejoining on the back straight. You must use the full pit exit. Not doing so will incur action. If you have damage/some other issue, you are free to use the escape road on the inside of turns 3 and 4 to enter the pits.

Due to the high speeds, significant contact with the wall is likely to result in significant damage. Try to stay off the racing line and announce on Teamspeak if you're moving significantly slower than other cars. If you pick up damage in the first two corners, you are advised to use the escape road on the inside of turns 3 and 4 which leads into the pits.

Event Notes

New for this year: We will be using in-game cautions, similar to how they worked in the oval races in Season 20. When the safety car is deployed, follow instructions on the screen and form a queue behind the safety car. If something seems seriously amiss, make this known and the admins will see what if anything can be done.

Make sure you can lap comfortably. This is not an arrive-and-drive event -- you will need to practice and have a setup you are comfortable driving with.

This race will feature a 2-wide rolling start. Remain in 2-wide formation throughout the lap. At the end of the formation lap, the safety car will enter the pit lane and the green flag will be given. No overtaking before the green flag. Beware that the tyres will be cold in the opening laps.

Due to the short laps, any incidents in the first five laps will be subject to review.

As ever, we do not restart for crashes in racing laps. If there's a pile up on lap 1 that wipes out half the field, so be it.

Oval Racing Crash Course

Smoothness is king. Jerky action on the steering wheel will ruin your tyres, scrub your speed and probably put you in the wall.

If you find yourself going wide in a corner, ease out of the throttle and gently bring the car back into line. Do not touch the brakes -- they'll be cold and you're likely to spin at best, cause a crash at worst.

At 230 mph+, the slipstream effect is significant. Be prepared to run in another car's wake for a significant amount of time and set up accordingly.
4x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."