• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Special Event 55 - De Nederlandse Regen Meester Trofee (rF2)

Special Events
KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: Special Event 55 - De Nederlandse Regen Meester Trofee (rF2)

Postby KJP93 » 09 Mar 2017, 16:22

Okay, I've managed to successfully compile a .rfcmp for the Formula 2 that shows our cars exclusively. I just need skins from @pyjames91, @Mike Bell and the 'Car of Shame' then it's ready.
Last edited by KJP93 on 11 Mar 2017, 10:31, edited 3 times in total.
2x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 09 Mar 2017, 16:37

KJP93 wrote:I just need skins from @pyjames91, @Mike Bell and the 'Car of Shame' then it's ready.

You can't rush perfection....
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 11 Mar 2017, 10:30

Okay, the mod is now available on the FTP. Would've done it yesterday but shit happens. ^^ (/ftp/Cars/rFactor2/NRMT.rfcmp) Go make sure it actually works! ;)

I'd suggest uninstalling/unsubscribing from the stock ISI Formula 2 mod, just so it doesn't interfere with anything. All I've done to get this working is change the TEAMS.mas from the stock F2 teams to ours and repacked it as a new mod. Everything else is exactly the same.
Last edited by KJP93 on 11 Mar 2017, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
1x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 11 Mar 2017, 11:34

And I did the browsing for the ISI F2 mod, so you don't have to. ;)

EDIT: so it turns out unsubscribing does not equal uninstalling too. I get an error saying an unknown base mod needs to be installed when I try to install the package, but I cannot uninstall the stock F2 as it is from the workshop. I daren't start deleting things and seeing if that works, because I'm not a Scottish Nationalist. Halp.
1x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 11 Mar 2017, 12:11

Fixed it. Re-uploaded, same name and location.
0x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: James Price-Harper
Car No: 78
Team: The N Teams
Steam ID: pyjames91
Twitter: pyjames91

Postby pyjames91 » 11 Mar 2017, 15:32

Thanks very much Kyran. I'm sure if I had packaged it up, i would have somehow detonated everybody's PCs.
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 11 Mar 2017, 18:52

I see we're using that new configuration of Zandvoort!

7x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 11 Mar 2017, 23:22

De Nederlandse Regen Meester Trofee Stewarding Post

Track Notes

The usual two wheels on the track rule applies. At Rob Slotemaker corner, there's a piece of tarmac from another track configuration on the right which you are free to use

Know your braking points for turn 1 and Hans Erst. Even from a wet standing start you'll be up to significant speed so be prepared and remember that you might need to brake early if that's what the cars in front is doing. Also remember that braking distance is significantly increased in the wet.

Make sure you can do a standing start without spinning.

The pit speed limit is 60 km/h or about 37-ish mph. Keep to the right of the track on pit exit as cars on the racing line will be at pretty much full speed.

Event Notes

It's Raining Men! Please, please do some practice so you can at least do some laps without crashing. It will be slippery and someone will embarrass themselves by spinning at 5 mph!

The stewarding team will verify the the winner of the Bade of Shame. Deliberately crashing to win it will result in severe frowns and the badge being awarded to someone else.

We've had a few silly incidents in recent races, let's try to keep those to a minimum, yes? New (or experienced, for that matter)? Make sure you've read through our racing rules and regulations.

As ever, we will be reviewing the start and first lap in their entirety, as well as any incidents that are reported or found.
5x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

azzunix996
Name: Arūnas
Car No: 11
Team: Sgioba Alba
Steam ID: azzunix996

Postby azzunix996 » 12 Mar 2017, 16:35

I'm out
1x

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 12 Mar 2017, 21:33

Qualify third. Crash in every race. Boo!

Fun though. Rain is God.
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 12 Mar 2017, 21:38

Quali
Had the potential to go over a second quicker but ran out of time. 7th

Race 1
Had a couple of spins early on but I only really missed out on beating @Mike Bell, the top three were long gone. 5th

Race 2
Got caught up in the implosion from @tonyandmargaret hitting an invisible wall but only had minor damage. I came out around @pyjames91 and @lemming77 but didn't have the pace to keep up. 7th

Race 3
AAAAAAARGH. Avoided the early carnage and if I'd just kept it on the road I was quicker than @craighypheno and might have got a podium. However, my own ineptitude dropped me down and I then lost all the bodywork. Couldn't face going on after that. DNF

I absolutely loved the challenge of those races, thanks for the event @pyjames91! It's so good we now have the option to have proper weather again.
3x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 12 Mar 2017, 21:43

Quali: Did not get a lap together. 10th.

Race 1: This. Fuck off @tonyandmargaret. DNF.

I took this hilarious pic though:

Race 2: Avoided carnage. Battled @shaxberd for P3. Didn't. P4.

Race 3: I think I earned the Badge of Shame for this one. But we'll see. I fought for the podium again here, battling nicely with @Kosumo and @Mike Bell for much of the race. I then fucked up on the final lap, causing tea with @Mosaegir and @pyjames91 and probably others. Oops. P8.
4x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby pyjames91 » 12 Mar 2017, 21:47

Those cars felt fantastic in the rain. Once you got a feel for the limit, it was absolutely amazing the sensation of being on a knife edge.

Race 1 was awesome and I had a race long battle with @lemming77, which was pretty intense.

Race 2 I got inevitably collected in the mess at the start and had to pit for repairs. The rest of the race was spent trying to look after the front left as the damage was not fully repaired and it was burning the tyre up.

Race 3 I got an incredible start and overtook at least three people by taking the apex at turn 1. From there it went downhill as I found myself stuck behind a three car wide wall of incredibly slow moving cars. Then one of them spun and collected me, costing me a front wing and a suspension arm. Another trip to the pits for repairs left me nursing a still broken car to the finish. I had a fun battle with @shaxberd mid race. We were both faster than each other at different parts of the track which made for an awesome fight. Then, on the final lap, there was a spin up ahead and I lost it in shock. Thankfully it didn't cost me too much.

The racing was absolutely awesome. It was quite frustrating that I got taken out in other peoples accidents 4 or 5 times but I'd totally do that race again and again.

Congratulations @Mr Flobadob who has proven himself to truly be the Regen Meester.
4x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 12 Mar 2017, 21:51

Fufilled my lifelong dream in being bambi on ice, it was awesome!
1x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 12 Mar 2017, 22:14

pyjames91 wrote:Those cars felt fantastic in the rain. Once you got a feel for the limit, it was absolutely amazing the sensation of being on a knife edge.

Race 1 was awesome and I had a race long battle with @lemming77, which was pretty intense.

100% agreed, just doing laps in these things was a really tense experience. And our race-long chase was absolutely incredible. Only seconds apart the whole way, and a few overtaking attempts before one finally worked. The fact that it was so slippery and so difficult to simply drive them just magnified it, and made it even more glorious to experience.

I think that's what contributed to the disappointment going forwards. After the first race was exactly the kind of racing I'm into simracing for in the first place, it was such a disappointment to have everything after it be defined by crashes and trying to limp to the end with damage.

Congrats to @Mr Flobadob on the win. You had something out there none of us had an answer for!
2x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 12 Mar 2017, 22:45

Q: P5

I did a lap, it was moist but not nearly moist enough for pole.

R1: P10

Candidate for the 'Badge of Shame'. That was embarrassing. Rebounded off the barrier into the path of @tonyandmargaret who punted me into @craighypheno utterly destroying his car and ruining my rear suspension. I spent the remainder of the race on the pit-limiter crabbing and spinning. I caught a brief glimpse of the insane battle between @pyjames91 and @lemming77 whilst I was mating with the pitwall backwards, so that was fun.

R2: P1

My fail from R1 allowed me to avoid the havoc unleashed by Neil and an invisible wall. I totally agree that he should be awarded a 'Badge of Shame' which is transparent. Literally a case of not crashing for possibly the easiest win I've ever had.

R3: P2

Had a few short fights with various people early on. Visibility was non-existant which was hilarious and most of my gains came from others falling foul of the conditions. Once I'd cleared everyone @Mr Flobadob was already 8 seconds up the road and putting in unbelievable laptimes. No chance.

That was as chaotic as I'd hoped it would be. Congrats Lee, you're a circus freak in these conditions it seems. :p
5x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 12 Mar 2017, 23:38

Congratulations to @tonyandmargaret for causing one of the biggest crashes in Realish Racing history.

6x

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby KJP93 » 13 Mar 2017, 18:47

Bonus moment from one of the many track-moistening sessions. Goomba-stomping @tonyandmargaret with extra punt courtesy of @shaxberd.

5x

zephyr
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: William Walker
Car No: 101
Team: Team Penguin
Steam ID: killfariz

Postby zephyr » 13 Mar 2017, 18:54

Lin1876 wrote:Congratulations to @tonyandmargaret for causing one of the biggest crashes in Realish Racing history.

Is that an invisible wall or a really big rain drop @tonyandmargaret hits near the wall?

Proper rain does look fun :)
0x

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 13 Mar 2017, 19:09

An excellent nights racing :D

The cars were fantastic to drive in all conditions. Just the right side of being challenging without being completely broken.
0x

tonyandmargaret
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Neil Heatlie
Car No: 13
Steam ID: Leviathan's Revenge
Twitter: neil_heatlie

Postby tonyandmargaret » 13 Mar 2017, 19:31

How myself and @Mike Bell finished Race 3

1x
Most Improved Driver 2015 & 2017 and 3rd most improved 2016. Best dressed and joint best individual performance 2017. Cut price Davide Valsecchi for VLMS and VEC. Inaugural Reigning, Defending, Current Rally Champion of the World.

earthshine140
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Charlie Marriott
Car No: 147
Team: Team Penguin
Wiki Page: earthshine
Steam ID: earthshine140
Twitter: thecharliem

Postby earthshine140 » 13 Mar 2017, 20:25

I've seen that crash somewhere before...

3x
Просто продолжай плавать

azzunix996
Name: Arūnas
Car No: 11
Steam ID: azzunix996

Postby azzunix996 » 13 Mar 2017, 20:28

Lin1876 wrote:Congratulations to @tonyandmargaret for causing one of the biggest crashes in Realish Racing history.

1x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby pyjames91 » 14 Mar 2017, 01:21

KJP93 wrote:Bonus moment from one of the many track-moistening sessions. Goomba-stomping @tonyandmargaret with extra punt courtesy of @shaxberd.

This is a serious club!!!
0x

pyjames91
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby pyjames91 » 14 Mar 2017, 01:22

KJP93 wrote:Bonus moment from one of the many track-moistening sessions. Goomba-stomping @tonyandmargaret with extra punt courtesy of @shaxberd.

This is a serious club!!!
0x