• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Special Event 52 - Bon Anniversaire! Cinq

Special Events
craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Re: Special Event 52 - Bon Anniversaire! Cinq

Postby craighypheno » 27 Jun 2016, 22:00

It was the first time I've had that happen to me in any circumstance so I am just hoping it was a one-off occurrence. I've had other games crash on me in the past (Wreckfest loves doing just that) but not SCE, like, ever.

I love night driving. I love wet driving. I love most driving. I just enjoy driving and I enjoy racing even more. For what it's worth, I don't want to see night racing end, even though I was one who was directly affected by the events of last night.

Major congrats to @KJP93 on delivering Eiffel's third(!) win now and our second since Britain voted to leave the EU, so Brexit isn't bad for everybody. You are an alien.
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 28 Jun 2016, 05:07

azzunix996 wrote:That was super fun, except two big black screen during the race. I was lucky to spin in quite safe places, but lost about 20 sec.
Never driven LeMans at night so it was nice shock when grip reduced instantly :D

Grip reduced at night, how does that work?
0x

JoeNathan

Postby JoeNathan » 28 Jun 2016, 05:10

Lin1876 wrote:Am I the only one who wouldn't really miss night racing? It looks nice and everything, but in the heat of the moment I just don't really notice it what with the headlights and other cars around. Especially if we can demonstrate any kind of link between it and the various technical issues (rather than it being caused by certain mods, etc) then I'd be fine with ditching it.

The headlights are just fugly on SCE, so I wouldn't mind doing away with night racing myself.
0x

Kimstermagnum
Pleb Club Silver Member
Name: The First Baron of Banterville
Car No: 9
Team: The Unholy Alliance
Twitter: Kimstermagnum

Postby Kimstermagnum » 28 Jun 2016, 10:43

I don't get on particularly well with prototypes and this was no different. In the Sebring test it was a complete disaster and I was a mile off the pace. I felt like the floor was giving me really inconsistent downforce at times so that was one of my concerns.

Anyway I gave up trying to fix that issue and just cut all the wing off and went ballistic in qualifying. Somehow managed a 24. Frankly the three qualifying laps I did all were up there for the best qualifying lap I have ever done. Took so much energy out of me to thread that thing around.

For the race, had a good start but knowing Kyran's pace I wanted to not dawdle around so I pushed a bit. Very stupid of me. In the GEARS races I am pretty much flat out for the entire race and even if I am tyre saving I am trying to maximise the amount of energy I am putting through the tyre. But this was different, I should have been cautious and drove to what I knew wouldn't stall on me, definitely had the speed to win though (In my, albeit small, defence my reactions are a bit dented on SCE with no controller vibration). But hindsight is 20-20. Anyway the graphical problem I had would have put me out anyway. There's clearly a reason for this and I would happily investigate if we continued night racing. I really want night racing to continue, it's a skill that we should test in this club. Alas I think the decision is already made. So be it.

Congrats Kyran on the win, your speed definitely does bring out the best in me so hopefully I will get you back next time.
3x

Mr Flobadob
Name: Lee Harrison
Car No: 7
Team: The Offenders
Twitter: therealmrflob

Postby Mr Flobadob » 28 Jun 2016, 10:46

I came into this event with not as much preparation as I'd like, so I was just aiming for as clean a race as I could do.

Tried to do some laps with Sam's death setup but I just hadn't got enough time to adapt to it so I went back to my safe, slow setup and drove a safe, slow lap to get 6th. At the start I anticipated the green flag well and was about to make up a few places when my car slid into the pit wall sideways, giving me some damage. After that I carefully picked my way through, including having a fun but odd battle with Dan because of the cars being able to go through eachother.

Once I got into clean air Sam came back towards me as he crashed and Allie retired. I noticed Kyran was only 20 seconds ahead as well and not really pulling away, so as things were looking better I settled in just as the night drew in. My god, that was awesome. Apart from it sadly affecting other people (I'm not convinced that's a game fault, by the way), it was absolutely fantastic. A couple of times early in the night stint I zoned out for a second and forgot where I was, terrifying. Coupled with the temperatures going down and leading to a bit less grip, that was the best, scariest hour of racing I've done.

Anyway, I got into the lead by fuelling up to the brim at the start and at my first stop. I tried fuel-saving to go to the end (which after looking at Motec, had zero effect, even when I was properly cruising in the last few minutes), but Kyran caught up. Then we caught up to Charlie at the Porsche curves, I got through just about ok, then saw Kyran go off behind me. I immediately saw a chance for a free splash and dash and dived in. Had I known the extent of Kyran's damage I'd have fitted new tyres too, but in my rush to get in and out I didn't bother. I also put in very little fuel, so I was driving very, very slowly for the last few laps, completely forgetting about my front left. That ended up popping as I was negotiating the Porsche curves. After pitting I rejoined in third behind Bjorn and was too far behind and too damaged to do anything with one lap to go.

Well done to Kyran, if I'd won that it would have been the jammiest of wins, he deserved it far more than I did, so congrats!
3x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 28 Jun 2016, 13:24

Regarding some of the issues - not sure how much information this will/can sprout, but if you feel like doing some testing, you could start up SCE with the 'trace=5' parameter. This should create a trace.txt log file at \UserData\LOG which may or may not offer some/many details when/if your game crashes at night time.

Regarding Rob's light issue, I checked out the differences from Abu Dhabi vs. Le Mans and there's a switch inside the track files that disables the need for lights completely. So while I got no idea what caused the actual issue, we can adjust future tracks to not care about lights at all, should we wish to continue night racing.
3x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 27 Nov 2017, 20:11

ImageImage
Badges have been added to the wiki - sorry for the delay!
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?