• 01/03/2020 GEARS I: Bathurst | 08/03/2020 FRee VI: Berlin | 22/03/2020 GEARS II: Mosport

RRC2.0 Round 3 - Argentina

RRC2 - DR2 - Realish Rally Championship 2.0
camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

RRC2.0 Round 3 - Argentina

Postby camp_bell » 10 Feb 2020, 22:20

The Realish Rally Championship continues this week in @Shinobi's backyard in Argentina!

You will need to join the Realish Racing Dirt Rally Club here to take part.

Cars: R2
Stages: 6 (4 short, 2 long)
Conditions: Dry
Start: 12/2/20 @ 19:00
End: 21/2/20 @ 22:00

The rally should take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. You only have one attempt, however, if you want to practice before your proper run, the stage order is:

Shakedown
El Rodeo
Camino de Acantilados y Rocas Inverso
Short service area
Valle de los Puentes (dusk)
Huillaprima (NIGHT STAGE)
Short service area
San Isidro (NIGHT STAGE)
Las Juntas

A couple of points:
  • Make sure you leave enough time to finish the rally before the deadline. If you're still driving at the deadline, you will not be able to finish the rally.
  • If you disconnect during your run, you can continue from the start of the next stage and finish the rally (albeit with a 15 or 30 minute time from the stage you disconnected on). This doesn't apply if you retire due to terminal damage or an unrecoverable car, however.

Good luck everyone!
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Re: RRC2.0 Round 3 - Argentina

Postby Boovolari » 11 Feb 2020, 12:39

Is anybody else having issues connecting to racenet in game? I sat down on Friday to do my run but couldn't connect and missed the event. It was still down last night.
0x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 11 Feb 2020, 16:23

Bienvenidos! Les invito un mate y un asado a todos :D
1x

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 13 Feb 2020, 08:42

I had a taste of what it must be like to be Lazzy. Everything was green on every stage :mrgreen: 8-)
1x

Bluespearman
Name: Mark
Car No: 14
Steam ID: Bluespearman

Postby Bluespearman » 19 Feb 2020, 08:40

This was a tough rally. Did 2 stages early on and didn't feel as quick as I could be as I was fairly hungover and the car felt very tight.

Felt better later on so I made some set up changes to help the car turn in but that made it very skittish when braking over those bumps. The last stage in particular had a couple of close calls with the rear breaking out and tapping the rocks.
0x

lazaros18
Name: Lazaros Filippakos
Steam ID: Lazaros Filippakos

Postby lazaros18 » 19 Feb 2020, 17:45

Bluespearman wrote:This was a tough rally. Did 2 stages early on and didn't feel as quick as I could be as I was fairly hungover and the car felt very tight.

Felt better later on so I made some set up changes to help the car turn in but that made it very skittish when braking over those bumps. The last stage in particular had a couple of close calls with the rear breaking out and tapping the rocks.

Really nice one man, it was really tight the whole way, my off getting stuck and then the penalty to recover is what killed me and lost those 20 secs. But damn our times are close.
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 19 Feb 2020, 21:46

I'm genuinely in awe at how fast @lazaros18 and @Bluespearman are, utterly untouchable at the front.

Anyway, that was probably my strongest rally so far. A trip into the grass and having to three-point turn a hairpin (both in stage 3) was as bad as it go, though I might have caught @sin_racing without those errors.
1x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."