• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Mega GEARS IV - Interlagos 300

GEARS 2020 - rF2 - Mega GEARS
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Mega GEARS IV - Interlagos 300

Postby shaxberd » 28 Apr 2020, 21:10

If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're not racing at Interlago.. or something. So let's sort that out, by racing at Sao Paulo this weekend, 3rd May 2020!

All times are BST
  • Practice - 60 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:00.
  • Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 19:00.
  • Warmup - 10 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
  • Race - 71 laps/2 hrs with a formation lap, followed by a rolling start, beginning at about 19:40.

Real Life Lap

Stewarding Post
Coming up

Statistics
Available over at the live timing
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Re: Mega GEARS IV - Interlagos 300

Postby TheGwiiBird » 28 Apr 2020, 21:44

shaxberd wrote:We're racing at Barber Motorsports Park this weekend, 3rd May 2020!

Barber again? :P

In
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 03 May 2020, 11:35

Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: Through the final kink on the inside. Cars pitting in MUST keep to the left of the blend line. Announce pit entry.
Pit Exit: After turn 3 on the inside. Respect the blend line on pit exit.

Track notes
This version of the track features the old pit entry where you can gain time by cutting across the pit entry. You are free to do this, however, it's your responsibility not to cause an accident if another car is entering the pitlane. Use common sense. The pit exit is not restricted beyond the light and is quite narrow and tight. Don't be the one to bin it on pit exit - we will laugh at you.

There are several feasible lines into Curva 1 so beware of cars around you, especially in the early laps. Know your braking points for Curva 1 and Descida do Lago on the first lap and be prepared for people braking earlier than you expect.

Keep two wheels on the track at all times. We'll be keeping a particular eye on the exit of Descida do Lago and Laranjinha, where it's very possible to gain an advantage by extending the track.

Event notes
This event uses a rolling start. Proceed in single file behind the safety car. Form up after Juncao and the leader then sets the pace to let the safety car reach the pits. When the game gives the Green Flag command, you are free to race.

This is a long race and there will be mistakes. If you survive all 71 laps, you will have a very real chance of big points. Likewise, even if you do have a crash, you can still finish the race and get points even with a pit stop to repair damage.

We will review lap 1 of the race as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 5th May 2020.
3x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 03 May 2020, 19:43

Quali: put in a decent lap at the end to leap from the back to P10.

Race: totally ruined by (what I am going to assume) was someone totally unnecessarily whacking an advertising board, which ricocheted onto my car. After that, my pace was pathetic, even after pitting for repairs. Gave up after having a daft spin.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 03 May 2020, 20:14

Got a decent start but settled around 10th after a few laps. Planned to run 2 stunts on mediums but the fronts were destroyed so I pitted for hards as early as possible. Once the pit stops cycled through I was running 10th again but hit the wall a few laps later. Another pitstop to repair the damage dropped me way back and without a hope of getting points. The car was getting worse every lap and after a stupid spin I parked it.

Not sure if I’ll do anymore gears races this year. Even if I hadn’t screwed up I’d still have needed a lot of other people to drop the ball to get points. They’re awful long races to come away with nothing.
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 03 May 2020, 21:41

Quali
Having two BSODs wasn't ideal. Managed to get a good lap right at the end to snatch 6th.

Race
Made a reasonable start but at the start of lap 2 I had a bad few corners and dropped three places, most notably to @jims709, who I just couldn't get past even though he had damage and I was nearly a second per lap faster. I finally made a move stick after about 30 laps and while I pulled away I noticed I was lapping faster than both @shaxberd and @sin_racing, taking advantage of my long first stint, and I leapfrogged both of them as they changed tyres at their stops.

I was really nervous about the BPRs' pace on fresher tyres so I pushed like hell after my pit stop while the tyres were still good. As it was, the tyres held up really well and I actually opened the gap back up when they started battling towards the end. Got lapped which was a shame but a pretty satisfying dive to 6th.

Apart from a couple of minor wobbles and a clumsy collision with James while we were battling (which we both somehow got away from without damage), it was 70 pretty relentless laps with minimal errors which was really pleasing.
3x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 04 May 2020, 00:39

PRERACE: Ha! Didn't expect this bit did ya? I tallied up how many laps I had done around here yesterday as I was wrapping up my last session and how much time that took. It was about 5 hours of actual track time doing finished laps. So that got a bit stupid. Tbh there has been some stuff that's been going in the background and doing laps and trying to improve was the way out it found I think. A bit like sharpening a spear; something to focus on.

Qualy: I struggled here. I had done 0 practise for qualy laps if I'm being honest, all of my efforts went into finding race pace and looking after the tires. I took my normal race set up, put a few litres of fuel in and slapped some softs on that bad boy and hit the road. However, I found myself struggling to really get the most out of the added grip and reduced weight, the balance of the car even feeling quite off at points, sending me for spins. Maybe doing so many race laps in practice baked some habits into my brain that didn't translate all too well into a qualy mentality. Definitely something to improve on as I barely improved my best time till that moment, finishing up last. p17

Race: I didn't feel bad about starting from the back as I felt I had a pretty solid race pace lined up. My plan was to do 2 stints on mediums to try and keep myself as consistently in the 29 / 30s as possible, which was a success for the most part, even succeeding in getting into the 27s straight out of the pits in my second stint, which kinda drove my bad performance in qualy home a bit more. My biggest worry was to get tangled in an accident, which I did, banging into the side of @Chris Williamson in T4 after he lost control coming into the apex. I don't quite know what happened there as there was also a bit of a kerfufle going on ahead that started with Craig spinning and then Arwyn joining in the fun. From there on out I spent the majority of that first stint chasing Chris, we caught up to Ryan and I believe Will joined the fry as well. Was very interesting to duke it out, some sparks flew here and there but I think it's alright (hopefully). After getting gobbled up by the leaders I ended up being a bit behind so I ended up on a 1v1 against Ryan. Managed to get past after he went wide in Senna, kept him at bay for the rest of the race, even through the pitlane, from which I emerged barely in front, my underfueled laps with older tires seemingly matching his on newer rubber but heavier fuel tank. It's pretty impressive seeing just how close this whole battle was. He kept on my tail for a few laps, then fell off, I think he mentioned the pain on his arm got the better of him in the end. But overall a pretty fierce battle. After it was done and I couldn't see him anymore in my mirror, I relaxed a bit and that let the tiredness kick in, falling on me like a hammer. I forgot to bind my headlights as well so the midsection of the track got quite troublesome in my second stint I must admit, which didn't help with the tiredness. RF2 being kind of shite about menus meant I wasn't really monitoring my gap to chris so I really failed to notice where I was in relation to him, my biggest battle certainly being with Ryan. Chris got a lead by not changing tires, but I really wasn't keeping track of him at this point, as I was interested in keeping Ryan at bay in my second stint, which worked, but also meant I was gaining on Chris and might have been able to make the last few laps somewhat more interesting had I've been able to keep the pressure going. I don't know if it would have been entirely possible, but having a carrot to chase is a powerful motivator to hang in there. There is just a bit too much info to keep in mind during these :P p11

So yeah, satisfied with the race. Came out and did what I wanted to do, even got into those 27s on race pace like I had set out to do days before. Props to @Chris Williamson for beating me with the strat out there, and to @Westbeef for the tough fight. Tbh I am a bit annoyed I lost out! The gap ended up being 16s, and the time he saved in the pits was 33s. Here I am now thinking if I could have produced a similar pace on hards now, as I noticed most people towards the front didn't swap. Then again, could my pace have kept up like it did? I guess it's something to think about for the next one. See ya all there :P
1x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 04 May 2020, 09:38

Given I don't really like Interlagos (I know, I know...), I had a lot of fun yesterday :)

Qualified bang in the pack but kept it clean in the opening laps, avoiding a spinner or two and gaining a few places. Enjoyed a nice little battle group with @sin_racing, @camp_bell, @Sam Hill and @jims709 for a bit before being able to build a small-ish gap.
Towards the end of the first stint, Mark caught back up, being nicer to the tyres - pitting a lap earlier than he did, we both changed tyres, we both spun on them foolishly, so naturally, we found ourselves racing each other yet again. Kept that tame-ish for most of the race until the final laps when gaps either way seemed strong and stable - unfortunately, so were Mark's tyres again, so he eventually got by, leaving me in P8.
Good stuff! :)
3x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Arwyn
Name: Arwyn Brock
Car No: 99
Team: Also-Ran Motorsports
Steam ID: ArwynDu
Twitter: Pupperpotamus

Postby Arwyn » 04 May 2020, 15:29

After my first race involving more trips to the pit than a victorian coal miner, and my second race being VERY brief, I had everything to prove this race

And honestly, I think I did a pretty good job of proving it.

I kept a solid pace and pushed for position multiple times. I was driving consistently and keeping pace in a great little pack between 10th and 14th. Thanks guys, I was really enjoying that.

I still need to get the art of being lapped down, as I give up far too much of my own pace as the leaders pass, but that'll come with confidence and experience

I kept a solid pace and didn't have an incident until beyond the half way point of the race. Sadly, said incident ripped a wheel off and in addition to having to limp the car around the track, the repairs put me over 2 laps down, which despite my best efforts I was unable to recover from.

I kept the car rolling, gaining time on Cosmo as best as I could, however a series of fatigue based mistakes towards the end of the race saw me finally down and out, DNF'ing with suspension issues a couple of minutes before the checkered flag, ending up in 13th place.

Thanks for a great race guys! It was great to finally see my track ability improve, and I'm sure the only way for me is up. I doubt i'll be podiums for a long time yet (I'll be coming for you eventually @KJP93) but i'm happy that Car #99 is slowly becoming more of a racer and less of a rolling chicane.
1x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 04 May 2020, 16:11

Went into this event asleep, and remained that way through most of Qualifying. Woke up eventually and managed to get into the server and put a decent time on the board, which actually turned out to be a PB and good enough for P3 but with so much time on the table that potentially could've challenged for a front row had I hooked a lap up. Took it very easy off the start and broke away from the main pack, briefly challenging for the lead before easing right off the tyres in an attempt to have the superiour tyres come final 10 laps. Took the lead after Kyran and Lazaros made touchies, and lead all up until the pitstops where I made the mistake of overfueling, and being very easy on pit in and out and as a result got jumped by a long way by Kyran. Started to close the gap toward the end of the race but ran out of laps before I could get close. Very happy with a P2 though, and with Matt in P4 a strong result for the team, pushing us back up into P3 in the championship despite both missing Bathurst.
1x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 07 May 2020, 21:04

Drivers Involved: @lazaros18 (#14), @craighypheno (#86)
Event/Race: G20 R4 Qualifying
Timestamp: 1507
Short Description: Lazzy makes contact with Craig which puts Craig in the wall, which then takes both cars out.
Verdict: WARNING for Lazaros Filippakos
Comment: Clumsy but not race/session ruining. Please be more careful when closely following other cars like this.

Drivers Involved: @TheGwiiBird (#38), @Westbeef (#33)
Event/Race: G20 R4 Race 1
Timestamp: 253
Short Description: Contact between Ryan and Will approaching the race start
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: We accept that cars can brake abruptly as they try to get into formation for the race start. However we ask all drivers involved to please be more careful regarding the speed of the car in front of you and how cars behind you will react to it.

Drivers Involved: @lazaros18 (#14), @KJP93 (#3)
Timestamp: 2089
Short Description: Kyran lunges on Lazaros into T1, but makes contact and causes both to spin. Kyran returns the position.
Comment: Racing incident, position returned.

Drivers Involved: @Mike Bell (#5), @sin_racing (#36)
Timestamp: 4985
Short Description: Mike lapping Mark
Comment: On review while Mark could have moved over sooner, the pace differential was such that Mike does not catch up until later in the lap, soon after which Mark moves over at his next reasonable opportunity.

Unhappy with this verdict? You may appeal the decision by contacting the admin team: PM Alex | PM Björn
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017