• 22/03/2020 GEARS II: Mosport | 29/03/2020 FRee VII: Punta del Este | 05/04/2020 FRee VIII: London

Mega GEARS II - Mosport 300

GEARS 2020 - rF2 - Mega GEARS
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Mega GEARS II - Mosport 300

Postby shaxberd » 17 Mar 2020, 07:56

Oh Canada! After travelling to the other side of the world, not a mean feat these days, we're headed for Bowmanville's Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, with the Mosport 300 taking place this Sunday, 22st March 2020!

All times are GMT
  • Practice - 60 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:00.
  • Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 19:00.
  • Warmup - 10 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
  • Race - 78 laps/2 hrs with a formation lap, followed by a rolling start, beginning at about 19:40.

Real Life Lap

Stewarding Post
Coming up

Statistics
Available over at the live timing
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: Mega GEARS II - Mosport 300

Postby KJP93 » 17 Mar 2020, 08:39

Yes.

1x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 17 Mar 2020, 19:22

Mosport Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the right before the Whites corner.
Pit Exit: Rejoin on the right after Turn 1. The pit exit is quite narrow so try not to be the person who stuffs it in the wall.

Track Notes
Track limits! Keep two wheels on the track (defined by the white lines, kerbs are off-track) at all times please. We will be watching Turn 1, the outside of Clayton and the outside of Moss in particular.

Know your braking points for Moss and the Esses, especially on the first lap with cold brakes. These are both tricky braking zones that will punish you if you if you get it wrong.

Speed at this track is all about confidence in the car and the setup, so you might come across cars going significantly faster or slower than you are. If you are being lapped, try to move over as soon as you reasonably can, though in general lapping should be easier here than at Bathurst and the Formula E tracks.

Event Notes
This event uses a rolling start. Proceed in single file behind the safety car. Form up at the end of the Mario Andretti Straightaway and the leader then sets the pace to let the safety car reach the pits. When the game gives the Green Flag command, you are free to race.

This is a long race and there will be mistakes. If you survive all 50 laps, you will have a very real chance of big points. Likewise, even if you do have a crash, you can still finish the race and get points even with a pit stop to repair damage.

We will review lap 1 of the race as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 24th March 2020.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 22 Mar 2020, 10:28

PSA: This event will see us do a manual formation lap (as Mr. Safety Car made it to Canada), i.e. we're technically having a standing start and will cruise for a lap, form up and then start officially. I'll come up with a green flag procedure.

As a result, the server is now set to 79 laps / 2:03 hours
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 22 Mar 2020, 14:38

In, believe @sin_racing has very kindly done me a livery for Tropico, is it on the ftp yet?
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 22 Mar 2020, 16:41

In the last Mega GT season, I picked up 11 podiums and two wins. No pressure then...
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 22 Mar 2020, 21:35

Quali
Got a good lap right at the end for 5th but lost over 0.2 seconds in the final two corners, which might have put me on the front row.

Race
Had a bad first lap and dropped to 8th, but the gaggle of cars ahead were holding each other up and I avoided a couple of their spins. I used my low wing to pass @CuruxaUK, @sin_racing and @Mike Bell in fairly quick succession and ended up 3rd behind @lazaros18. I chose not to change tyres at my stop, partly because I was nervous about dropping behind Mark and also in the hope of jumping Lazaros, but it was the wrong choice as I struggled with the tyres towards the end.

I was running in a comfortable 3rd when I dropped it out of the hairpin and smacked the wall, my only real mistake of the race. Fortunately I managed to drag my crippled front-right suspension around the last lap and fended off a final corner attack from Mark to hold on for my first podium of the year.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 22 Mar 2020, 21:48

Good to see I've gained none of my skill during my time off...

Quali: P12. Totally couldn't hook a lap together. Could have been like P10 or something.

Race: Started alright. Had a tangle with @Shinobi (it's fine) and just plodded around in the points waiting for others to fall off. It was going well until I stupidly hit @sin_racing up the rear with my Craigface. From there, it just proceeded to go very downhill very quickly. Very rusty in combat too it would appear. P10 in the end.
2x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 23 Mar 2020, 14:02

Q: Felt like the track grip peaked at the end of FP. Mediums were the obvious choice as the softs just turned to butter and at one point I beat my lap by 0.001s by having an accident across the S/F line. P1

R: Good launch and settled in, saw no point in overworking the tyres chasing laptimes. Action behind culled the chasing pack bit-by-bit and I was left to run my own race uncontested. Was pleasantly surprised at how good the tyres felt on the second stint and I just brought the car home, saving the hilarious accident avoiding @camp_bell for after I'd won. P1!

Honourable mention to @Arwyn and @Lemm314 for never giving up even when things looked fuckin' dire. A strong debut and great recovery drive respectively.

0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 24 Mar 2020, 20:41

Drivers Involved: @Lemm314 (#314), @Mike Bell (#5)
Event/Race: G20 R2 Race 1
Timestamp: 5500
Short Description: April moves to overtake Mike, the result is both cars spin and Mike's car gets quite damaged.
Verdict: WARNING for April Carlsvard
Comment: Please be more careful when overtaking

Outstanding penalties

April Carlsvard has a PENALTY to be served at their next event. Drive through to be served at Barber.

Unhappy with this verdict? You may appeal the decision by contacting the admin team: PM Alex | PM Björn
1x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017