• 31/05/2020 RRTCR4: Loch Drummond Long | 07/06/2020 MEARS V: Yahuarcocha | 21/06/2020 Bon Anniversaire Neuf

Formula Ree Round 8 - London

S30 - rF2 - Formula Ree
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Formula Ree Round 8 - London

Postby shaxberd » 31 Mar 2020, 07:26

It's the grand finale! Going home for the last races of the season, the London reePrix awaiting us this Sunday, 5th April 2020.

Approximate Schedule (all times BST)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 10 minute superpole (1 flying lap only)
19:45 - Warm up, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race 1, 40 minutes - standing start with no formation lap
20:30 - Race 2, 20 minutes - top 8 reverse grid and standing start with no formation lap

Weather Forecast

You will need both the workshop track and the Formula E Gen 2 DLC. The best way is to buy the Formula E Race Bundle on Steam

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Tekno
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Re: Formula Ree Round 8 - London

Postby artanonim » 31 Mar 2020, 09:08

Count me in! Finally got the new Internet connection set up that seems to run much more reliably than the wonky LTE I had to deal with for a while, finally I can take advantage of all that self-isolation free time to get some racing done :)
3x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 31 Mar 2020, 09:24

artanonim wrote:Count me in! Finally got the new Internet connection set up that seems to run much more reliably than the wonky LTE I had to deal with for a while, finally I can take advantage of all that self-isolation free time to get some racing done :)

Art! Sounds amazing, welcome back :)
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Sam Hill
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 00
Wiki Page: Sam Hill
Steam ID: Tsunami_Sam
Twitter: @samh981

Postby Sam Hill » 04 Apr 2020, 10:46

Has anyone got a spare car that could be renumbered for me?
0x
"Can I drink the bread?"

"Is she (Dame Ellen MacArthur) the transvestite that wears the big, silly glasses?"

TVR_Steve
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Steve Kirk
Car No: 54
Team: Realish Racing New Driver Prog
Steam ID: TVR_Steve

Postby TVR_Steve » 04 Apr 2020, 16:16

Sam Hill wrote:Has anyone got a spare car that could be renumbered for me?

You can use mine, #54 NDP

This is not a track for Backmarker Steve!
0x

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Tekno
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 05 Apr 2020, 20:17

Between this and the latest SE outing I see I did lose my edge, if I had any. Need to work on that. Both races were crashfests, pretty much, even though I did have some pace by the looks of it.

Also, I took this race as a test to see if driving with a mathematically correct FOV for my setup is feasible (32 degrees vFOV in-game, equivalent to 56 hFOV with my screen), and got mixed results. Helped in one-lap pace (P6 was really really solid, was definitely happy with that lap), but impaired a lot in the hairpins and made confident wheel-to-wheel racing pretty much impossible with me barely aware of surrounding cars (apologies to @Chris Williamson (IIRC?) for that clumsy attempt at a pass that sent you in the wall). Unsure if it's a case of needing more practice (I see there's a lot of very strong voices saying it's a must-do, and this track hasn't made the task any easier), or if it is not quite enough to warrant safe competition on my part (left/right look buttons can only do so much).
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 05 Apr 2020, 20:27

Quali
Fluffed one of the slow corners. 9th

Race 1
Made a reasonable start but I managed to rip a wheel off at about 30 km/h on the first lap. After a wheel transplant, I was around the pace of the points runners, especially when @Mike Bell made a train that I was at the back of. Towards the end, I T-boned @shaxberd when he spun at the final chicane and bent the suspension with another crash but enough death happened ahead of me for 8th.

Race 2
Kept the lead from reverse grid pole but on lap 1 I was tentative and got quarter-spun by @Sam Hill, which let @jims709 through and trip to the wall bent my suspension shortly after. I tried to put up a fight agaist @MrRandom287 but made a mistake. All I had to do was coast round for 4th but I crashed again with a couple of laps to go, lost a wheel and died completely a few corners later. DNF

Not really my best drive at what was a horrendous track for racing. Annoyingly I think my death in race 2 allowed Bjorn to overtake me in the championship. Bring on cars with gears and petrol engines!
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 05 Apr 2020, 20:35

A bit chaotic, huh? Still found tonight to be an enjoyable finale despite a few bumps, so thanks for racing, everyone!

Qualified in the middle of the pack and was able to not lose too many positions - had an enjoyable fight with @Lemm314 for a while and then settled into a rhythm that'd see me finish P6 after capitalising from @Sam Hill's energy miscalculations.
Starting third into the sprint race, I got pushed into the outside wall of T1 but thankfully didn't get murdered by it - own mishaps in the opening laps meant a drop towards the end of the grid and made for a nice hunt through the grid that ended in P5, with a nice battle against @craighypheno in the final laps!

Congrats on the championships, @lazaros18 & @KJP93!
1x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 05 Apr 2020, 21:27

Rocked up, crashed before my quali lap, smashed it a few times in the first race before I killed the battery, and biffed @sin_racing out of the way in the second race just to make sure I picked up some juicy, juicy points. (subject to bannings etc)
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Postby jims709 » 06 Apr 2020, 16:01

A bitter sweet evening for me.

Happy to get my second ever main series win but was a shame to lose 3rd in the championship.

Well done @lazaros18 for the championship and well done @MrRandom287 for grabbing the 3rd.
2x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 08 Apr 2020, 20:41

Drivers Involved: @craighypheno (#86), @sin_racing (#36)
Event/Race: S30 R8 GBR Race 2
Timestamp: 1197
Short Description: Craig and Mark make contact in a braking zone, sending Mark towards the run-off.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Craig Woollard
Comment: Craig has dived in way too late and way too recklessly. Please be more careful when overtaking.

Drivers Involved: @Lemm314 (#314), @Shinobi (#123), @camp_bell (#64), @shaxberd (#10)
Event/Race: S30 R8 GBR Race 1
Timestamp: 89
Short Description: Martin bumps into the back of April under braking for T3.
Verdict: NO ACTION
Comment: No action for now, however please be more careful on the first lap.

Drivers Involved: @sin_racing (#36), @lazaros18 (#14), @MrRandom287 (#31)
Timestamp: 87
Short Description: Lazzy spins around the front of mark after contact. Other cars involved.
Verdict: WARNING for Martin Fernandez
Comment: This incident is a mess on all parts, however we felt that Martin coming in way too hot was a huge exaccerbating factor. Please be more careful braking on lap 1.

Drivers Involved: @lazaros18 (#14)
Event/Race: S30 R8 GBR Race Both
Timestamp: 0
Short Description: Lazzy drives the last lap of the races with a damaged car.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Lazaros Filippakos
Comment: The damage clearly causes a huge loss of control, as Lazzy has more large accidents immediately afterwards. Although this isn't a problem, Lazzy drove past pit entry and carried on with the damage. The accidents he had afterwards can easily endanger somebody else's race. If you have damage that severely affects your car's handling, you must pit to repair it. This is in the club rules.

Unhappy with this verdict? You may appeal the decision by contacting the admin team: PM Alex | PM Björn
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

L33tw00k133
Name: Bradley Whalen
Car No: 48
Team: Slime

Postby L33tw00k133 » 09 Apr 2020, 15:38

Good job everyone that raced. Wasn't the most friendly track but was a lot of fun till I crashed hard. I look forward to the next events!
0x
Face Down, Ass Up is always the answer in Formula E

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 09 Apr 2020, 21:53

Lemm314 wrote:Drivers Involved: @sin_racing (#36), @lazaros18 (#14), @MrRandom287 (#31)
Timestamp: 87
Short Description: Lazzy spins around the front of mark after contact. Other cars involved.
Verdict: WARNING for Martin Fernandez
Comment: This incident is a mess on all parts, however we felt that Martin coming in way too hot was a huge exaccerbating factor. Please be more careful braking on lap 1.

Stewarding Decision Appealed
Verdict: Warning reduced to No Action
Comment: Further replay data and video provided indicated significant network lag influence and made for a different assessment to the incident, not warranting action against Martin specifically within an incident that featured a lot of contact on various sides. With the incident(s) happening on L1 of either race, there's no grounds for applying the "Network and Hardware Problems" rule either. Lag might also have had more of an impact than usual as this was a pretty object-intensive track.

Furthermore, originally missed from the L1 screening unfortunately (sorry!):

Drivers Involved: @lazaros18 (#14), @Chris Williamson (#166)
Timestamp: 132
Short Description: Lazzy bumps Chris' rear, sending him around.
Verdict: REPRIMAND for Lazaros Filippakos
Comment: Drivers should be more careful during the first lap and/or driving near others, especially when on a charge back through the grid. Failure to return the position renders this a reprimand.

Lazaros has accumulated 4 penalty points in one race, therefore is given a PENALTY to be served at his next season race.
3x