• 01/03/2020 GEARS I: Bathurst | 08/03/2020 FRee VI: Berlin | 22/03/2020 GEARS II: Mosport

Formula Ree Round 4 - Monaco

S30 - rF2 - Formula Ree
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Formula Ree Round 4 - Monaco

Postby shaxberd » 03 Feb 2020, 14:15

Bienvenue, bienvenue! Welcome to the quatrième round of the season, with the Monaco welcoming us at the Côte d'Azur on Sunday, 16th February 2020.

Approximate Schedule (all times GMT)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 10 minute superpole (1 flying lap only)
19:45 - Warm up, 5 minutes
19:50 - Race 1, 40 minutes - standing start with no formation lap
20:30 - Race 2, 20 minutes - top 8 reverse grid and standing start with no formation lap

Weather Forecast

You will need both the Formula E Gen 2 and Monaco ePrix DLC. The best way is to buy the Formula E Race Bundle on Steam

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race.
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Re: Formula Ree Round 4 - Monaco

Postby Mike Bell » 03 Feb 2020, 15:02

Oui
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 03 Feb 2020, 15:57

Date updated, this is on the 16th obviously - thanks @sin_racing!
0x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 03 Feb 2020, 20:12

Bandini
0x

cosmo
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Joshua Anderson
Car No: 2
Team: Murasaki / Cosmo
Twitter: c0s_mo

Postby cosmo » 04 Feb 2020, 21:16

The shipping forecast for Monte-Carlo Marina:

There will be shipping. by which I mean cars being launched a la Grand Prix
0x
"My body is a temple, but Bjorn's is a secret base built into an active volcano"
- April Carlsvard, 22/12/19

Cosmo Seiki Japan team owner, sporadic racer, full-time gay. Best Livery winner 2019 for this sexy beast. Inaugural and reigning Realish Racing poker champion. Won a race that one time.

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 04 Feb 2020, 22:03

Working so out.

IS HIS CHAMPIONSHIP OVER?
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Postby jims709 » 07 Feb 2020, 17:22

In, I also don't like this version of monaco, some bits of it are weird.
0x

CuruxaUK
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Niall Larner
Car No: 45
Team: Cosmo
Steam ID: CuruxaUK
Twitter: @CuruxaNiall

Postby CuruxaUK » 08 Feb 2020, 21:57

Attendance yes
0x
"I mean, why is life?" -Lem 2019

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 09 Feb 2020, 08:45

In
0x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 09 Feb 2020, 23:22

Bring it on
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 12 Feb 2020, 22:10

Monaco Formula E Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the right after Rascasse
Pit Exit: Rejoin on the right of the pit straight. Respect the blend line and announce pit exit.

Track Notes
Turn 1 is significantly tighter than the regular layout of Monaco. Know your braking point as you will need to slow down a lot for the corner.

Beware of track limits at turns 3-4 the Swimming Pool chicanes (turns 6-9). At the final left-hander, the inside kerb marks the track limits. Keep two wheels on the track at all times.

The run from turn 2 to turn 3 is very narrow. Make sure you leave space if trying to run side-by-side with another car.

Event Notes
Do not leave the server while the race is in progress as this causes screen freezes for some drivers. It's one thing if you lag out but do not leave the server deliberately.

Remember there is no formation lap, so you will not have any chance to warm up your tyres and brakes before the race.

Since the grid on these tracks is often well away from the start/finish line, laptimes from lap 1 are not eligible for fastest lap points.

The 40 minute race cannot be run flat out. Make sure you know the basics of power conservation (especially lifting and coasting) as you will not reach the finish otherwise. Feel free to ask for help here or on the Realish Racing Discord server if you're not sure what to do.

We will review lap 1 of both races as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @camp_bell or @Lemm314 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 18th February 2020.
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 16 Feb 2020, 21:16

Horrible quali, decent race 1 but really unfortunate incident in race 2 with April meant I couldn't finish it. Was hoping to maybe snatch a win in my final race for the time being but that's how it goes sometimes, especially on a track like Monaco.

Won't make any other rounds so that's me for now. Hope you have a good rest of season! :D
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Mosaegir
Name: Allie Ferrie
Car No: 35
Wiki Page: Mosaegir
Steam ID: Valrys
Twitter: Mosaegir

Postby Mosaegir » 16 Feb 2020, 21:26

やった!
2x

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member

Postby shaxberd » 16 Feb 2020, 21:36

So sorry for the R1 race time screwup, everyone! Will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Intense races tonight, with two P5s at the end, happy with that, especially given the entertainment I got during that, battling @fjordnet in R1 and @camp_bell in R2's final laps!
1x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 16 Feb 2020, 21:39

Quali
Locked up everything into turn 1 and lost all the time. Otherwise the lap was OK. 8th

Race 1
After my penalty put me right at the back, I'm fairly pleased with recovering to 8th, I think @Mosaegir and @Lemm314 were out of sight after the penalty.

Race 2
I made a decent start from reverse grid pole and I was keeping Allie at arm's length fairly comfortably when I spun at the Swimming Pool. After recovering to 3rd, I then had another unforced error at Tabac which bent my car. I was still comfortable in 4th when I just survived an all-out crash at the Swimming Pool. I then had to keep @shaxberd behind for the last couple of laps, which I managed despite his attempt to do a Schumacher at the final corner of the last lap.

Really annoyned with myself for throwing away a possible win, but also relieved to have survived what came next. Strange race.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed."

TVR_Steve
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Steve Kirk
Car No: 54
Team: Realish Racing New Driver Prog
Steam ID: TVR_Steve

Postby TVR_Steve » 16 Feb 2020, 22:57

I strangely enjoyed the races tonight, ambling around at the back as usual. Great fun, thank you.

Qually: Three bashes in the walls and I was four seconds off of my best. Last.

R1: A few wall bashes and two trips through the pits, spent the rest of the race trying to keep out of trouble. P11

R2: Didn't die when others did. P9.
4x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 17 Feb 2020, 01:13

I wasn't really in the zone today. Felt I had been going backwards all week and also had a bit of a bad weekend to be frank so I wasn't really sure of participating at all. Was about a second off my best time in practice all day and just didn't really have the confidence to match it.

R1: A bit in line with my weekend. Got in a few incidents, wasn't feeling all too hot, zoning out a bit through certain places. In all fairness it wasn't going too bad until I managed to squeeze myself between Campbell and the wall, forcing me to a trip down the pit lane. From there I felt my race was pretty much over, even though some people ahead of me had plenty of problems and I might have actually pulled ahead of them had I kept my cool. Kinda just trudged my way to the finish line. My times way over what I can actually do but things just weren't really working out for me.

R2: Actually went really well for me. I had a bit of a moment between races to be frank where I cleared my head a bit, came into the second race without many expectations after the first one. Started near the back in 12th, but after getting a good lap in for my first lap I found some confidence and my will to not let this one slip through because of my own mistakes. So I put my head down, focused on my lapping, and sorta waited for mistakes. The game plan was consistent lapping at a reasonable pace and capitalising mistakes. Which I think for once worked really well. My times were about 2s in average faster than in the first race (I found out I wasn't using full engine power for the first race which is something that ties into my driving; fixed it for the second), and I can't recall any massive mistakes. Got past Steve early on as he got a slow start, Ryan went deep into the first chicane a few laps later, couple of chaps crashed out. Found myself behind Josh who I had a feeling might slip eventually. Eventually I actually found myself in 6th momentarily, Lazaros getting past me eventually but he isn't really in my ball park and I tried defending as best I could. My main focus was Ryan really for this one, as I think he was a bit faster when it came to hot laps, but in the actual race that difference tends to get smoothed out. I had about a 4 second gap to him the whole time which I was monitoring. Kinda stopped doing so when I noticed I was actually messing up my laps by constantly looking at the number, figuring a quick glance on my mirror would be enough.

Ended up coming in P7 which felt huge since I didn't have the best of weekends, I had to fight through a lot of internal stuff, which was quite tough. I honestly didn't wanna come in voice for the race at all, but forced myself to. R1 wasn't great, but R2 I very early on decided that I wasn't letting go... and I did, which quite frankly felt amazing, and truly rewarding as I put a lot of time into this track and I'm really proud of a very solid performance in the format I usually struggle which is R2.

So quite a bit of a journey for me. Far away from an actual podium, but given everything: the context; the hard work; the tears, it honestly felt like a win to me.

Thanks for reading.
5x

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71
Team: POWA

Postby Boovolari » 17 Feb 2020, 20:12

Had to rush back to make this one and never really settled. Sorry to the various people I got in the way of.

In particular apologies to Lazaros. I messed up at the exit of the swimming pool in race 1 and found myself on the apex, facing the wall. I reversed to get off the racing line and on to the run-off, but ended up pulling right into his path. And that was more or less the standard of my entire evening. :|

Roll on Marrakesh!
0x

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 18 Feb 2020, 10:05

Quali: Poor result and way off my best time, but still saw me in my expected position on the grid:

R1: I did quite well here, P10 with some fairly consisten lapping - though I think I may have faired a bit better if the first race had continued :mrgreen:. Mostly a very lonely race.

R2: I finished 8th and picked up points so that's a bonus, however my pace was way wide of what I had been doing in practice and I couldn't get close so I finished feeling a bit disappointed. My fastest lap for this race was even slower than my fastest lap from the feature race - which shows how far off I was. One highlight is that my consistency was much better for this race however so there are some good bits to pick up from it.

I'm still way off the pace in these and I can't seem to close to gap which is annoying me. Give me back petrol :lol:
4x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 20 Feb 2020, 18:48

Served penalties