Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

CLASH Round 3 - Zhejiang

Postby camp_bell » 17 Sep 2019, 21:19

Nǐ hǎo and welcome to the People's Republic! CLASH Round 3 takes place at Zhejiang Circuit in Zhejiang Province, China on Sunday, 22nd September 2019!

Approximate schedule (all times BST)
19:00 - Practice, 30 minutes
19:30 - Qualifying, 20 minutes
19:50 - Wam up, 5 minutes
20:00 - Race 1, 40 minutes - formation lap and rolling start
20:45 - Race 2, 20 minutes - top 8 reverse grid with formation lap and rolling start

Weather Forecast

IRL

Please post below whether you are planning to race

Signed up
Campbell Wallis
Artur Borowski
Craig Woollard (50/50)
Ryan Eastham
Mike Bell
Alex Odell
Martin Fernandez
Isaac Morris
Matthew Wheeler
Scott Sovik
0x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Re: CLASH Round 3 - Zhejiang

Postby camp_bell » 17 Sep 2019, 21:20

Zhejiang Stewarding Post

Pit Entry: On the outside of the final corner
Pit Exit: Go under the track and rejoin on the outside of turn 2. Respect the blend line and please announce pit exit as you'll feed straight onto the racing line. The pit exit under the track is very tight so try not to stuff it into the wall and block the pit lane.

Track Notes
The first few corners are very tight and very narrow. It's very tough to go side-by-side at all, never mind at the start of the race. Please be careful and make sure you leave space for anyone who might be alongside you.

This is a tough track and some people might be significantly faster than others. If you're being lapped, you don't need to jump out of the way immediately but try to move over when possible. Lapping cars should show patience. We would encourage everyone to do some practice before Sunday evening if you're unfamiliar with the track (which you probably are) - this is not an arrive and drive event.

The game throws the green flag extremely early so anyone behind the first two rows will still be going through the final corner. You are free to race as soon as the Green Flag is called. This might cause problems but we will clear any penalties you happen to pick up. Any drivers starting from the pit lane should wait until the entire field is past turn 3 before leaving the pit lane.

As always, keep two wheels within the track limits at all times. This is the first track this season where you can gain a significant advantage from abusing track limits so we will check if there is suspicion of anyone doing so.

Event Notes
We will have a rolling start. Run the formation lap in single file behind the safety car before forming up after turn 15 (the left-hand kink on the back straight). As mentioned above, the green flag is called very early.

These cars do not tolerate contact at all well and even a slight touch will cause damage. As such, we will take a hard line on avoidable contact where we find it/where it's reported.

We will review lap 1 of both races as well as any incident reports. Please report incidents to @Lin1876 or @lemming77 on this forum or Discord by 19:00 UK time on Tuesday, 17th September 2019.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 17 Sep 2019, 21:21

Zhe-yes
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno
Steam ID: craighypheno
Twitter: Craig_Woollard

Postby craighypheno » 17 Sep 2019, 21:24

This track is peak Chinese Mario Kart.

Maybe.
0x

My Wiki Page | ByCraig Wiki Page

Best crash 2018. Best beard. Best RlyRism. Second-best dressed.

Craghypheno wrote:I don’t want a hug. I want three seconds a lap.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 17 Sep 2019, 21:28

Out. GLAHF!
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

ADAKAR
Name: Adam Karkuszewski
Steam ID: adakar83

Postby ADAKAR » 18 Sep 2019, 11:13

Adam Karkuszewski

Count me in
0x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 18 Sep 2019, 11:44

ADAKAR wrote:Adam Karkuszewski

Count me in

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the club. We usually require new members to race with us in our midweek club races to make sure their connection quality and racecraft is up to scratch before joining any of our main season races. I hope you can manage to join us before the Lambo race in China on Sunday.

All the server information is available here. I'll PM you the password
1x
Have fun.

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: I'm available :)
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 18 Sep 2019, 11:46

I'm in
0x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 18 Sep 2019, 13:09

Pancake!
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 19 Sep 2019, 00:10

yes please!
0x
Have fun.

Isaac Morris

Postby Isaac Morris » 19 Sep 2019, 01:38

Hey hoping to race, did the club race tuesday and have signed up. A bit 50/50 on whether i will as i have a 24 hour enduro on sat/sun so will have to let you know around sunday morning :)
2x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 19 Sep 2019, 02:25

I shall be about!
1x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 19 Sep 2019, 08:12

Isaac Morris wrote:Hey hoping to race, did the club race tuesday and have signed up. A bit 50/50 on whether i will as i have a 24 hour enduro on sat/sun so will have to let you know around sunday morning :)

No worries, we'll see you if we see you :D good luck!
1x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 3
Team: Unified Petroleum Autosports
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Postby KJP93 » 20 Sep 2019, 14:33

Out, working all day.

I have no internet either lol
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
Seven-time Realish Racing Champion | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018 | Founder/Owner of UPA | Livery Painter Extraordinaire | Realish Stewarding Team

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 20 Sep 2019, 17:19

KJP93 wrote:Out, working all day.

I have no internet either lol

AND THIS BLOWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP WIIIIIIDE OPEN!
0x

ajokay
Original Boss

Postby ajokay » 21 Sep 2019, 10:51

also seems sensible to now put this here:

Lemm314 wrote:So everybody is aware, we're going to run this race on build v1112. Build v1115 has reports of stability issues, namely more frequent screen freezes. Although these haven't affected us seriously yet, we'd like to play it safe and do something before it becomes a problem. Especially with our grid sizes on the rise. So we will be rolling back the server to stay on the safe side. Setups and practice won't be affected, so all you have to do differently is roll back. Check this picture for a handy guide on how to roll back to v1112! It is listed as a beta under rFactor 2's properties in Steam.

If this setting is greyed out, make sure you have the rF2 launcher closed!

@KJP93 @fjordnet @sin_racing @Lin1876 @Mike Bell @CuruxaUK @lemming77 @ajokay @MrRandom287 @artanonim @cosmo @craighypheno @Chris Williamson @Mosaegir @Westbeef @MasterOntWolf @TheGwiiBird @Shinobi Get your games rolled back now so you aren't stuck downloading things on the day ;)
4x
Have fun.

MrRandom287
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Matthew Wheeler
Car No: 31
Team: Random Racing
Steam ID: MrRandom287

Postby MrRandom287 » 21 Sep 2019, 23:50

There but slow
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awards:
  • 2017 - T1: Best Individual Performance (SE60: ARSE)
  • 2017 - 3rd: Best Rookie
  • 2017 - T3: Spirit of RlyR

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 22 Sep 2019, 11:33

Yesjiang
0x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 22 Sep 2019, 15:28

50/50, not feeling great
0x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 22 Sep 2019, 21:03

Fucking hell that was a tough evening's driving. Can't remember the last time we went to a track where overtaking so was difficult.

Quali
Couldn't get a lap where I got every section right, which is annoying as the 0.3 seconds or so could've got me near the front row. 5th

Race 1
Spent most of the race about 2 seconds off @artanonim. Unfortuantely when the spate of small screen freezes hit, mine dropped me behind @fjordnet, which was annoying. Finished at the back of the leading train in 5th, only 2.5 seconds off the lead.

Race 2
That's a lovely shade of green on the back of @Boovolari's POWA - I certainly had plenty time to admire it! I spent the entire race trying to pass Pete, and the one time I made a move stick I slid wide at the next corner and let him back through and I don't know how I kept myself from screaming. Survived a late scare to finish 3rd, still staring at Pete's rear wing!

Really annoying to have so many screenfreezes. It's a known problem with the game, not helped by this being a very compact track, but for the most part we've not really had problems with them. I feel especially sorry for @Mike Bell as he lost a win from a screenfreeze, hopefully S397 will sort this sooner rather than later.
0x

Mike Bell
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 5
Team: Smile Power Racing
Wiki Page: Mike_Bell
Steam ID: Mike Bell

Postby Mike Bell » 22 Sep 2019, 21:52

Not a great event for me, definately feel like 2 wins got away today.

Qually'd 3rd, kinda where I had expected, no drama's there.

Off the line totally minced Scott and Mark into T1 to take the lead, lead untill a big screenfreeze dropped me to 2nd, caught back up again but ran out of time, P2.

Race 2, started 7th and again made an awesome start, but got collected hard by a spinning Scott after he, Jims and Pete came together, which also hit me into Pete (who was still aiming for the turn 3 inside line), managed to drive through to 2nd but took a lot of damage in the process. Caught Jims and he let me go, I didn't feel so under threat so I began trying to see how the car was with the damage, but eventually went a little hot into turn 7 and had one of those slow spins, in hindsight should've just gassed it all around and got going but instead had to reverse into the run-off and wait until the pack had passed. Had a nice fight with Chris which was easily the highpoint of the event, until Chris spun. A couple laps later Pete and Campbell went side-by-side into T1, with Pete chopping up Campbell, and putting Campbell and Art side-by-side, I pounced and drove through against Art, held side-by-side with Campbell through 5 and into 6 tried to back out as Campbell closed the door and ended up spinning, even though I was alongside enough to be left room, I spun myself, so my mistake. Recovered in 8th and set about hunting the pack back down again, caught Will and got forced off-track on the exit of 5, and with nowhere else to go, clipped Will (not sorry at all, your fault) and we both go around, drove to the end P7 to complete a pretty dissapointing event for me.
0x
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
2016 Rookie of the year - 2016 Battle of the year
2017 Driver of the year - 2017 Battle of the year
2018 Super 7 Series Winner - 2018 Lost Souls Award Winner
The imfanous Majic Mike 'Belltrain' Bell

TheGwiiBird
Name: William Fry
Car No: 38
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: will_fry

Postby TheGwiiBird » 22 Sep 2019, 22:10

@Mike Bell

The fact of the matter is this, that was your second incident in that race trying to overtake someone far too aggressively into that right hander that ended in contact. In our one, yes iirc I went too deep into T4 and recovered into 5, but into 6 you weren’t enough alongside me to claim that corner, and I had every right to take the corner as I did and shut the door on you.

More than happy to be proven wrong by the stewards and admit fault if necessary, but if you think that’s fair and respectful driving then you really need to reconsider your driving style, all you’re going to do is drive more new people like me away from this group because you ruined my race (lost p7 thanks to the damage you caused) and my night because of it.
2x

Shinobi
Name: Martin Fernandez
Steam ID: Shinobi

Postby Shinobi » 22 Sep 2019, 23:43

Hey! So my apologies for a lousy race. I did a fair a bit of practice and was feeling pretty well about my lap times and consistency, but that didn't translate well into the track. I was focusing too much on who was behind me or what was going on in voice chat and losing concentration. I'm not gonna blame it on people being chatty or anything though, as I definitely feel how having people trailing behind me puts the pressure on me. A very noticeable couple of spins I had were after I had been eyeing how close the leader was to lapping me or seeing some people who had just been in a crash and that I overtook gaining up on me on my mirror. This track is pretty demanding and it felt like every time I lost a tiny bit of focus it costed me. Them piling on one after the other didn't help break the streak and I had a hard time recovering.

Sorry to the two people who crashed into me in race 2 after I spun. I really need to work on becoming a hazard just on my nerves alone, as I was actually doing some pretty solid laps on practice, and even qualy before the race. Shout out to @Mike Bell and @Isaac Morris for helping out during the week with all that stuff, and I'm sorry I fucked it up. From a purely technical point I feel like I put the work in and it payed off pretty well in reducing my lap time and general proficiency towards driving these cars, but that's not the only thing that goes into play in the actual race and I can't quite get the hang of the other stuff yet.

I am frustrated because it feels like a ton of work goes out of the window and can't really show through because of me not being able to deal with the pressure to perform, which in all honesty feels a bit silly that I'm feeling as much from these races.

So yeah, cheers everyone.
0x

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Postby jims709 » 23 Sep 2019, 01:40

Really happy with that as a return to the club.

Qualifying: 7th

Middle of the road but competitive with people which is good as I was fearing I would be right at the back since I knew I was rusty.

First race: 6th

Once the first lap was out the way I managed to just have a very lonely race with a gap of at least 10 seconds either side of me but it allowed me to just practice a nice long run in peace! :D

Second race: 1st!

Starting 3rd for the reverse grid race was a good spot, nearly got caught up in turn one but managed to come through in the lead. Mike was all over the back of me and I didn't have the confidence to know spacially where he exactly was, as a result I let him through so I could focus on completing a full event. I was surprised that I could keep with Mike, finding that I could copy what he was doing into the corners enabling us to pull away from Pete and so when he had his spin I was left in a very good position indeed!

First ever main championship win so I am more than chuffed. Thanks to those who helped me and encouraged me to come back now.
6x

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 23 Sep 2019, 07:30

A podium and an almost-podium, not too much to complain about :)

Quali went as usual, as in "set a meh first lap and then struggle to improve", definitely had these fractions of a second at hand to jump at least one grid spot higher up, just failed to make use out of them. P4.

Was very close to the @Mike Bell - @sin_racing battle in R1 - never had a good chance to join the fight for the lead, but finishing P3 and just 6 tenths behind the winner isn't bad either.

In R2 the nature of the track did its best to stop me from progressing up the field - couldn't find a way past @Lin1876 who in turn couldn't find a way past @Boovolari . Once both Mike and Mark fell further down after their respective adventures I thought that maybe, just maaaaybe I could perhaps just about have a shot at finishing first as I felt quicker than the top two, but the maiden victory will still have to wait and the honour went to @jims709 (congrats!). P4.

Glad to see Sepang pace wasn't a fluke ;)
2x