• 15/09/2019 - CLASH II: Sepang | 22/09/2019 - CLASH III: Zhejiang

CATS - Congratulations, Feedback & Criticism!

Season 28 - AMS - Caterham Auto Trophy Series
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

CATS - Congratulations, Feedback & Criticism!

Postby shaxberd » 05 Aug 2019, 14:50

All good things must come to an end, and as ever, champions have been crowned, battles have been fought and rivalries have escalated, especially so with byCraig matching Kaibutsu's teams' title two seasons later! Please feel free to provide us with your feedback positive and negative for this season and give credit where credit is due :)

While we're currently setting up the next season and we got plans for GEARS 2020 as well, we're happy to read your suggestions regarding our future endeavours as well, so let's hear 'em!
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Re: CATS - Congratulations, Feedback & Criticism!

Postby Lemm314 » 07 Aug 2019, 13:44

I just want to add thank you to everyone who participated this season, I'm really grateful for people's commitment to this club. :D You're all brilliant.
1x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

artanonim
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Artur Borowski
Car No: 74
Team: Kaibutsu
Wiki Page: artanonim
Steam ID: artanonim
Twitter: artanonim

Postby artanonim » 07 Aug 2019, 17:39

I just hope our grid sizes recover for next season - attendance has been so hit-and-miss for pretty much everyone that final standings don't really mean anything below P4 (though of course I do realise it's due to people's various IRL commitments).

Racing-wise it's been brilliant. I suspect the general lack of grip the Caterhams provide made everyone more cautious when commiting to any overtakes, hence we've kept it very clean. However, as I said before in an other thread, moving on to something more planted and grippy* is appreciated, I've had just enough of sliding everywhere to get around :P

*in before next season involves 50s crossply tyres or something
0x

Lin1876
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby Lin1876 » 07 Aug 2019, 18:39

I really enjoyed this season. The cars aren't what I'd normally get into but they were really fun to drive and raced incredibly well. Even with small grids, I was rarely on my own in races and if I was it was because I'd made a mistake. I felt it was a good way to round off our time with Stock Car Extreme/Automobilista as well, trying out some cars which we haven't really used before. I've thoroughly enjoyed both games over the past few years but I also think we need to move with the times and try different things.

Regarding grid sizes, while I agree that we need to recruit more members (please tell your friends about us!), the last season on a game usually has a drop in numbers as peoples' interest moves on to the next thing. I would like to thank everyone who did continue to turn up though. We have a strong dedicated core membership and we in the admin team don't take that for granted.
2x
"He's rolled the car at Dunlop. How has he managed that? I'm genuinely impressed." - Kyran 28/4/18 (on the SRC stream)
"You actually kickflipped at the chicane. Whis is this something you're good at?" - Kyran 4/2/19

GremlinWon
Name: Thomas Alderton
Car No: 40
Steam ID: GremlinWon

Postby GremlinWon » 09 Aug 2019, 06:45

Really enjoyed the cars and have driven them a lot on other circuits and the racing speaks for itself but majority of the tracks let the cars down.
The calendar was a bit odd and not for me. Running short variants spoil the fun in most cases these cars have to offer, thus lost interest in developing setups and learning new circuits or stopping myself from driving the normal track.

I'll be back for the next AMS championship or similar.

EDIT: It's been great fun despite my negativity to the the majority of the calendar - Highlight for me was my return at brands hatch, a track i know well and had previously driven these cars there alot where I think i gob smacked a few members as I'm normally slow af. IRL commitments to my rallying, sprints kept me away from the sim wheel but behind a real wheel instead.

Where can we find the championship table of results just to review and compare? used to be on the wiki but it's not there?
0x
ImageImage

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 09 Aug 2019, 07:07

GremlinWon wrote:Where can we find the championship table of results just to review and compare? used to be on the wiki but it's not there?

Yoink :)
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 14 Aug 2019, 13:01

Enjoyed all of that. 10/10!
0x
Have fun.

D0n M4730
Car No: 85
Team: Team Diablo/PSP Motorsports
Twitter: @D0n_M4730

Postby D0n M4730 » 16 Aug 2019, 17:34

Congrats as always to the winners, all those who took part, and of course the organisers.

I liked the more arrive-and-drive nature of this season. I'm pretty busy with other things these days so don't have much time for practice, and even when I do I often don't have the inclination to do it, so a nice simple car that doesn't have many bits to adjust and tracks that were largely familiar to me suited me better than some previous seasons.

That said, even in these things I was massively off the pace, so trundling around at the back with no one to race against wasn't a lot of fun. I only got on the scoresheet at all because of low turnout for the final race.

I know I have predicted my withdrawal from competition on numerous previous occasions and I've always ended up coming back, but as the club will no linger be usung AMS, this time I really think it's the end for the foreseeable future. My PC isn't good enough to run rF2, and right now I'm not inclined to look at an upgrade.

If and when I do make the upgrade and get back into sim racing in the future, though, this club will be the first place I come back to. :)
1x