• 17/01/2021 RPiC2: Magny Cours | 24/01/2021 RPiC2: Portimao | 07/02/2021 RPiC2: Aragon

Formula GEARS VIII - Belgian Grand Prix: Spa

GEARS 6 - rF2 - Formula GEARS
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Formula GEARS VIII - Belgian Grand Prix: Spa

Postby shaxberd » 09 Dec 2019, 21:04

Bienvenue à Spa! Goedendag! Welkom! Time for the last race of the FEARS campaign, with the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa taking place this Sunday, 15th November 2019!

All times are GMT
  • Practice - 60 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:00.
  • Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 19:00. Parc Fermé conditions*!
  • Warmup - 10 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
  • Race - 305 km/TBA laps with a formation lap, followed by a standing start, beginning at about 19:40.
* Parc Fermé will lock your setup once you complete a timed lap in qualifying, only allowing fuel changes afterwards

TRACK ON THE SERVER/FTP

Real Life Race

Stewarding Post
Coming up

Statistics
Available over at the live timing
2x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Re: Formula GEARS VIII - Belgian Grand Prix: Spa

Postby jims709 » 10 Dec 2019, 18:36

I am so ready.
0x

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 10 Dec 2019, 20:49

Hungover but wanna make this
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 10 Dec 2019, 22:20

Very much in
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 11 Dec 2019, 16:02

In.

Also, me on lap 3
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Team: POWA
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 15 Dec 2019, 14:09

In
0x
Have fun.

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 15 Dec 2019, 20:29

Quali: beat @camp_bell. P8.

Race: Planned strategy: SS/M/M

Was a bit tentative on the opening lap, but made up spots as others fell off. Ended up in a battle with @jims709, which concluded when I pitted. I then engaged in a battle with @ajokay and then I had a small accident at Raidillon. DNF to end my competitive sim racing career for now at least.
1x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

fjordnet
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Scott Søvik
Car No: 58
Steam ID: Fjordnett+
Twitter: @ScottSovik

Postby fjordnet » 15 Dec 2019, 21:27

Quali: Pushed like a hell and got P7 on the grid on hards. Felt almost as good as the Singapore pole lap.

Race: Dun goofed on lap 1 as I tried to take Blanchimont tight on lap 1 to give the Craig room on the outside when the rear went by sheer inability to grip enough. Got stuck in the pits for 50 secs, then drove around for a good part of the race trying to stay ahead of the leaders. Had @Boovolari go over me with a massive launch off the Baikonur ramp through Raidillon and got caught on some debris. Pitted again, put on meds, did a goof at Blanchimont, and then a big one off Raidillon to put me out of the race. DNF
1x
"You make Sam Hill sound English" - Kyran

Season 29 champion, Season 27 3rd

Formula E(EEEEEEE) Race at Home Challenge qualifier

shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Postby shaxberd » 15 Dec 2019, 21:35

That was fun - opted to not qualify/not put in a laptime to avoid potential carnage. That didn't happen, but I quickly gained a few positions, probably those that I would've been able to qualify ahead of anyway, so no harm done.

Fun battles in the early parts with @Chris Williamson @camp_bell and @Boovolari, but silly mistakes had me drop out of 'em - after that, it was a bit lonely and while it looked like a strategy race against Campbell, it wasn't to be. With DNFs and all that, it was P5 at the end, which I'll gladly take!
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

Boovolari
Original 8
Name: Pete Walker
Car No: 71

Postby Boovolari » 15 Dec 2019, 21:36

Drove over a landmine in Eau Rouge running around 9th/10th. Apologies to @fjordnet for showering him with various pieces of car.

That was good fun while it lasted :)
2x

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 15 Dec 2019, 22:02

Had a terrible first few laps with mistakes dropping me behind @shaxberd then @Boovolari pulled off a really good opportunistic move at Bruxelles. I gradually made progress after a few laps and managed to use the pace of soft tyres for a couple of laps before my first stop.

I eventually found myself in a potential battle with Bjorn but in the end I had enough pace to overtake throught the pitstops. After my final stop, I don't think I saw a single other car but despite a spin at Pouhon towards the end, I finished 4th after other people had crashes, which I'll take.

That was a strong end to a fun season. Thanks everyone!
1x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

jims709
Pleb Club Gold Member
Car No: 91
Team: Tropico Motorsport
Steam ID: jims709

Postby jims709 » 16 Dec 2019, 07:56

I had a good start, messed it up on entry for second pit stop. Shame as I have been really enjoying these cars.

Here is my race below of anyone is interested:

*Edit*
By the way, you can see at the start that I stalled the engine and only just got it going again in time for the lights, that was scary!
Last edited by jims709 on 16 Dec 2019, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
1x

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 16 Dec 2019, 08:54

Well I managed to get my first Realish point on the final race of the season :D. It was a point by proxy; however, it was probably my most consistent race to date. I only had one off track incident the entire race, for the rest I was comfortably cruising round. I was running a fair bit slower than what I was capable of, but I wanted to just ensure I had a clean a race as possible and it seemed to pay off. My lap times were a bit up and down, but I think that was me occasionally noticing that my delta was way wide, so I pushed on a touch more until I slumped back to the slower pace. It was largely a lonely 40 laps, so it was difficult to keep up any meaningful pace. Apologies to Mike who I caused to spin as he tried to lap me, I had a wobble mid corner. It was my fault of course, as I’m still a bit jittery with people coming past waiting for a straight might be a safer option. If you think I’ve opened up to let you through mid-corner it probably isn’t the case, I’m not that good ☹ .
4x

ajokay
Original Boss
Name: Alex Odell
Car No: 23
Steam ID: ajokay
Twitter: ajokay85

Postby ajokay » 16 Dec 2019, 11:47

Surprisingly decent pace entirely negated by a stupid half spin. Par for the course.
Cost me 4th, instead, 7th.
0x
Have fun.