• 17/01/2021 RPiC2: Magny Cours | 24/01/2021 RPiC2: Portimao | 07/02/2021 RPiC2: Aragon

Formula GEARS VII - Dutch Grand Prix: Zandvoort

GEARS 6 - rF2 - Formula GEARS
shaxberd
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Björn Golda
Car No: 10
Team: aureus motorsport
Wiki Page: Shaxberd
Steam ID: shaxberd
Twitter: shaxberd

Formula GEARS VII - Dutch Grand Prix: Zandvoort

Postby shaxberd » 05 Nov 2019, 09:43

Goedemorgen! Dit is geen echte taal. Time for the penultimate race, the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, will take place this Sunday, 10th November 2019!

All times are GMT
  • Practice - 60 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 18:00.
  • Qualifying - 30 minutes, all cars on track, beginning at 19:00. Parc Fermé conditions*!
  • Warmup - 10 minutes for setup finalisation, refuelling, and bathroom breaks, beginning at 19:30.
  • Race - 305 km/71 laps with a formation lap, followed by a standing start, beginning at about 19:40.
* Parc Fermé will lock your setup once you complete a timed lap in qualifying, only allowing fuel changes afterwards

TRACK ON THE SERVER/STEAM

Real Life Race

Stewarding Post
Coming up

Statistics
Available over at the live timing
1x
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you, you could, you’ll do, you, you wants, you, you could do so, you , you’ll do, you could, you, you want, you want them, to do you so much, you could do anything?

KJP93
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Kyran Parkin
Car No: 93
Team: UPA/Fury
Wiki Page: Kyran Parkin
Steam ID: KJP93
Twitter: KJP93

Re: Formula GEARS VII - Dutch Grand Prix: Zandvoort

Postby KJP93 » 05 Nov 2019, 14:23

I aim to finish high.

Oh I'd like to get on the podium too!
0x
KJP93 wrote:Wait, how the fuck am I more sunburnt than you?! You're Scottish! This is bullshit!
8x Realish Champ [5x Seasonal, 3x GEARS] | Crash of the Year 2017 | Driver of the Year 2018/2019 | UPA Boss | Livery Creator | Realish Stewarding Team

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team
Name: Campbell Wallis
Car No: 64
Team: Kaibutsu Racing
Steam ID: camp_bell
Twitter: camp__bell

Postby camp_bell » 06 Nov 2019, 23:14

Stewarding report to follow.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 07 Nov 2019, 20:54

I have gone from a 20/80 maybe to a 50/50 maybe.
2x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 10 Nov 2019, 14:47

Zandvoort Stewarding Post

Pit entry: On the right on the main straight.
Pit exit: On the right at the end of the straight. Please announce pit exit as you'll rejoin straight into the apex of turn 1.

Track Notes
The run from Hugenholtz to Masters is very fast and very narrow. Going two-wide is at your own risk and you must leave space for the other car. Do not force another car onto the grass. You can expect a penalty you cause an accident doing so.

If you are being lapped, you have the right to run your own race and you don't need to move over where you aren't comfortable doing so. In addition, do not deliberately drive off-track to let a lapping car through.

You may use the tarmac runoff/escape roads layouts around Rob Slotemaker and Scheivlak at your own risk. Otherwise keep two wheels within track limits at all times.

Event Notes
This is a long race and there will be retirements (probably). If you're still running at the finish, you'll probably be near the points. Be aware of cars around you on the first lap and don't move across the track unless you're sure there's space to do so.

Due to strategy and setup variations, you may come across cars going significantly faster or slower than you. Please be sensible about it.

These cars are quite fragile and don't take contact well. As such, we will take a harder line on avoidable contact which damages an opponent's car.
0x
"Out upon Merry Christmas! If I had my will, every idiot who goes about with "You should use driver aids" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. He should!" - Me in the Realish Christmas Carol 2020

craighypheno
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Craig Woollard
Car No: 86
Team: ByCraig Racing
Wiki Page: craighypheno

Postby craighypheno » 10 Nov 2019, 20:41

I crashed like an idiot while lapping someone.
0x
Resident Jackbox host and shitposter. Now retired more than Nigel Mansell.

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 10 Nov 2019, 21:00

Did my best. Sorry @sin_racing for the start contact.
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017

camp_bell
Blue Flag Media Team

Postby camp_bell » 10 Nov 2019, 21:47

Quali
Pipped @KJP93 at the end to take my second ever pole. Sure it was thanks to running super softs but I'm still pleased with it.

Race 1
My strategy was a 4-stop with a short first stint on super softs, so I knew that I needed 71 qualifying laps to make it work. Spoiler: it didn't.
I successfully beat Kyran off the line and it looked like all my dreams were coming true when he got pushed down to 3rd. I knew I needed to run away to have any hope of making the strategy work. Kyran passed me towards the end of the stint but I rejoined in clean air and set about hunting down the best of the rest pack.

Then it went to shit, when I had a bizarre crash at pit entry and removed my rear wing. Still, with other people crashing I would have been somewhere around @jims709 for 3rd but I had another spin and lost the front wing. After going slowly on mediums, I put on a set of super softs to go for FLAP (since I was last of the runners anyway), which didn't happen, and I crashed on my last lap and finished 5th in a Formula Ford.
0x

sin_racing
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: Mark Singleton
Car No: 36
Team: Bad Pun Racing
Steam ID: sin_racing
Twitter: markrsingleton

Postby sin_racing » 11 Nov 2019, 22:03

This pretty much sums that up.

Also no sweat over the start @Lemm314. I didn't get any damage or held up for all good :)
1x

Westbeef
Name: Ryan Eastham
Car No: 12
Team: BEEF Motorsport
Steam ID: Westbeef

Postby Westbeef » 11 Nov 2019, 22:14

For the first 10 laps I got a bit rythm going and was enjoying the race, someone else crashed and there was a bit of a furore over comms and it broke my concentration and I ended up spinning into a wall 5 seconds later :mrgreen: . Then I just couldn't get that rythm back, I think I might try a race in silence next time or something. Overall I enjoyed this in the end and got into it quite well.
0x

Lemm314
Pleb Club Gold Member
Name: April Carlsvard
Car No: 314
Team: Fury
Wiki Page: lemming77
Steam ID: lemm314
Twitter: Lemm314

Postby Lemm314 » 15 Nov 2019, 20:20

Congrats everyone for a clean event. No stewarding actions are being taken this round. And that ends a 7 round streak of stewarding actions being distributed! This is more like it. :D Thank you everyone!
0x
"April... You absolute bitch" - Neil 15/09/2017